Posts by ViggoPaulman

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hello,

Is it possible to install Enscape 3.5.6 for SketchUp 2024?
    We sadly cannot use the Enscape 4.0 version because of the unresolved camera bug. So we're stuck at 3.5.6 until this is resolved.

But we have updated our SketchUp to 2024 but now we can't seem to get Enscape 3.5.6 to work.
    If anyone could help that would be great!

I would like to add my voice to this topic.

I also made a separate thread, documenting my struggle here: Enscape reduces texture quality depending on the scale of the mesh, regardless of texture resolution! Allow us to decide on our own!
    Unfortunately it's been ignored.

This is truly frustrating. I am adding my voice to giving us control to decide what to do with Textures.

What is the point of the "Quality" slider in Enscape (Draft > High > Ultra) if Ultra does not really do ultra?

Either create a toggle in the General settings to turn off auto downsampling. Or internally disable downsampling when "Ultra" mode is selected. Or at least create a checkmark under each Material.

The whole professional Archviz industry comes with diverse LODs and 1K-8K samples of PBR materials. Why are they doing it if Enscape will ignore that work altogether?

I would like to report, that even the 2K render is wrong. It merely reduces the buggy lighting, but it's still there.

The viewport preview shows a visually different image, with deeper shadows.

Pay attention to the shade near the radiators.

I have a bookcase filled with individual 3D books.
    They've all been imported as Enscape proxies to not choke SketchUp.

Could someone explain, why a 4K render produces this buggy lighting, and the 2K version renders everything ok?

The issue seems to be connected to the books, because removing them and trying a 4K output again produces this (correct) result:

So this is a double-edged sword; from one side I presume it's caused by the books. But from the other side it' also connected to the output resolution.

All the books are low-poly 3D assets, imported as Enscape proxies. The bookcase itself is also a proxy. Here for visual reference:

This should not happen on a 24GB RTX3090 with 64GB RAM!

What can be done to resolve this? We cannot just render in 2K because we need the superior resolution.

This is on Enscape 3.5.6, Windows 11.

Correct. Hoping for them to bring it back....quickly. Because it's incredibly useful- but luckily there are other methods to make a quick proxy. If it gets postponed and moved to the "voting portal" I'm gonna lose it :P .

Oh God, then that's another reason why we will not upgrade.

We use the Plus sign and import SKP 3D models as Enscape proxies into our interior scenes (so that we don't spam the Material and Components list with extra unnecessary things that are only used in the 3D asset). But if we can't do it in v4.0 then we will not upgrade until it's fixed. We use that feature on a daily basis.

Those with an academic background from Beaux-Arts universities, will remember the age-old rule that in hand-drawn architectural draftings we would cast shadows in the facades, elevations and cross sections at 45° from upper left to lower right, regardless of the actual location of the building. This is a "rule" in professional traditional Architecture teaching.

In our renderings we almost always use the Enscape Sun Azimuth and Altitude angles, instead of time of day settings. It is very precise and most helpful.

Adjusting the time of day changes the Azimuth and Altitude angles simultaneously. Being able to adjust them separately is one of the secret recipes of achieving that cinematic look in Archviz.

We recently had a project, where we had to animate a zoom-in animation onto a facade but we realized there was no way to set specific azimuth/altitude angle in the keyframe settings.

Kindly asking the developers to consider expanding the individual keyframe settings in the video editor mode, to include Sun altitude and azimuth angles.

Here's a rough mockup:

Please add this to the list! Thank you!

Paul Russam and Tim , pardon the delay here but currently the option to "Save as external model for Enscape" remains disabled, though we're already looking into reworking this specific functionality so we can provide this feature once more in the future. There is no specific release date or such I can mention yet though. Also Paul Russam , I'll have to reach out to you again regarding the crashes, expect another message very soon via the existing case of yours or here.

Wait, if that feature is disabled, do I understand correctly, that the ability to make 3D proxies has been deactivated indefinitely?

Hello, is the camera settings input field bug fixed in this? I can't see any mention of it on the list.

We are waiting for it to be addressed, otherwise we cannot upgrade to 4.0 yet as that feature is used on a daily basis in the company.

Thank you!

Demian Gutberlet would be be kind to reply to this please? 🙂

This is really important and we've been waiting for 4.0 for a very long time but we cannot upgrade, because of this bug.

It's been reported here: RE: Enscape 4.0 - Bug when trying to type camera values.

Hi ViggoPaulman ! We've logged this as a bug, and our developers are actively investigating it! I'm sorry you experienced this, but we should have a fix for this soon!

In the meantime, the up and down buttons work, which I know isn't the most effective method of adjusting these values, but can at least help alleviate it in the meantime.

Thank you, and I apologize again!

Hey there Hayley,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Looking forward to the bugfix. Meanwhile, we have just now, 5 minutes ago, decided to downgrade temporarily to 3.5, while this is fixed.

Using this opportunity, I would like to report also, that a similar issue has been existing since at least version 3.3. All this time we've been using the TAB button to quickly jump from one input field to another, and type values, which is very useful. But sometimes Enscape would stubbornly refuse to accept a new value and would immediately switch back to the original one, not even letting us to finish typing. I found out, that waiting 1-2 seconds sometimes helped. In the worst case scenario, we would have to close the View management tab and reopen it. Perhaps this info will be helpful to pinpoint the culprit!

Keep in mind 3.5 had a bug with that exact same feature. Even if you have the checkmark, the PNG still comes with the sky.

Solution is here: [URGENT] Version 3.5 doesn't export PNGs with transparent backgrounds

When Fog Intensity is 0, even if you have Alpha Channel (ie transparent background) checked in the Output menu, the rendering will come out with the background.

Turning Fog Intensity to anything other than 0 (in my case I put it on 1) is the solution.

opss I'm sorry, I thought u were using hdri.
    But if you change one scene to another without changing the sun position, doesn't it keep the same position?

(thanks!)

I am using HDRI but I have a manual sun position.
    That's the weird part - you're right, it shouldn't change the Sun position, yes?

In one scene I have set a manual sun position.

In the rest of the scenes I don't have that checkmark. Theoretically, the sun position should stay fixed when I switch to a scene with no defined sun position. But for some reason it changes. ☹️

Hey Pablo, thank you for your reply!
    But I don't think you can save Sun position to a preset, can you? 🤔

By the way, I'm following you on Insta and I'm a big fan! You're doing great work! 🙌🏻👍🏻

I would add to this

- Bevel/Round Corners setting like in D5 Render
    - Precipitation effects (snow, rain)

- Particle effects (water, fire, waterfall)

- Hedge material

- Composition grides for renders (rule of thirds, golden ratio)

- Better and more detailed 3D assets

This would be a dream come true. Sadly Enscape falls behind some of the competitors when it comes to all these features. But still, it has some features others don't have (batch rendering, material packaging, etc).

Further tests on a newly acquired Meta Quest 3 (with ultra high graphics on a high-end machine) made me realize that DLSS severely degrades real-time viewing quality in Enscape scenes.

Only later did I find out a comment, that it is recommended by the Enscape team to turn DLSS off if your intention is to view your scenes in VR.

DLSS, to be very blunt and simple, is an AI "interpretation" feature by NVIDIA, that analyzes your scene and adds in its own frames in between the frames produces by the software (in this case Enscape), making your experience smoother. Now a question arises which I couldn't find an answer for anywhere - does DLSS affect still renderings in Enscape?

As I understand, DLSS does affect video renderings, correct?
    But does it make any difference if you are rendering just a picture?

Here's 2 renderings of the same scene with same settings, rendered with and without DLSS.

As you can see, visually it seems that there is no discernable difference.

However I have to add, that rendering a still 4K picture with DLSS ON takes a bit less time, so I am assuming the GPU is doing its AI shenanigans in the background, "interpreting" and adding frames and stuff.

But then again, there is no added value in the quality of the rendering.

Here's the full pictures side by side.

DLSS is making rendering times a bit faster apparently, that I understand. What I don't understand is at what cost? In a still rendering I saw no difference. But I read that DLSS does affect animation exports (by interpreting/adding frames). As good as AI can get, as a professional I don't trust AI generated imagery because its interpretation almost always skews straight lines. AI has trouble in the art world with fingers, and in the architecture world it does not comprehend how important parallel/straight lines are.

Can someone confirm whether DLSS is compensating visual/design quality for faster return times?

And does the checkmark change anything if I am rendering a still image?

Thank you!