Posts by Bill Gilliss

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

I was having a similar problem. See above. For Revit 2024, I added

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\1\Mats

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\2\Mats

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\3\Mats

and all is now dandy.

For a sun study in an AutoCAD model a few years ago, I constructed a black box about three stories high above the floor in question, placed my camera just inside the top, turned off the intervening ceiling and roof layers, and rendered looking straight down. I didn't get any bounce light from the ceiling in the rendering, but it was a high-roofed equestrian center and there probably wasn't much bounce anyway. This was an orthographic view, but there's no reason it shouldn't work in perspective if that is what you want. Here's a frame:

(Why do a sun study in a riding center? you ask. Turns out that the horses would shy at the streaks of light on the floor, so we had to add translucent shades to keep the direct light out.)

Not wanting to duplicate an idea already posted, I was looking for all the Ideas, if any, that had already been posted here about Navis Works. Didn't see a way to do that, short of cruising all 50 pages.

Oh, you mean way up there.... Now I see. Never mind.

(I teach in a college interior design program, and wish I had the budget for this kind of hardware.) For my work, I've been very happy with the EVGA GTX 1060 6GB card that now costs about $250 -- it seemed like a good entry into GPU rendering and has proved to be so. I use it on a Boxx workstation with Revit, Enscape, and recently Twinmotion. It's a double-slot card, so be sure you have that kind of room, as well as an adequate power supply. I agree with the recommendation about splitting the cost between a larger power supply and the card itself. And... it supports multiple monitors, so put them in next years budget!

Our office designs primarily hospitals and Medical clinics and Care centers so the Revit plug in has two people in "medical garb" are there any plans to make more? Does anyone know where we can purchase more people that are nurses and doctors that can be used with the enscape plug in for revit

Here are the medical people currently in the Archvision collection. There are also EMS personnel and various figures with wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, canes, etc. All can be rotated in plan to face in appropriate directions.

Or -- if the cursor is on empty space when the RMB is depressed (black arrow), locate the nearest pixel that represents 3D geometry (red arrow), and use that. A more involved alternative would be to use the centroid of nearby elements.

It was intended for everyone to see. Instead of failing to work, with no explanation, perhaps Enscape could pop up a quick alert message to the user when it is unable to determine a point to use for Orbit: "Select an Orbit point on a 3D object."

While I was working on the structural frame for a pavilion before adding walls, floor, or roof, ORBIT with the right mouse button would work only sporadically, although the button worked perfectly in all other situations and applications. Very frustrating, until I discovered that the mouse pointer needs to be hovering over a piece of 3D geometry when the button is pressed. If it is over empty space (background, sky) as it frequently was with the pavilion, no 3D point can be determined to orbit around, and the command is not executed.