Posts by cwm

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Sorry to bump an old thread if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I was also looking for reflection intensity control and couldn't find it anywhere.

I understand the goal of realism, and if it is impossible to have both ray traced reflections AND a reflection intensity slider, than sure I'll take the realism over 'hacks'. (There may also be higher priorities than such a slider and limited time, and that's of course fine!). But to not put an intensity slider out of principal for physical accuracy is misguided, I think. The fact is that rendering is not about making a real image, it's typically about selling a product by telling a story which may or may not want a certain type of reflection.

For what it's worth, I'll also add that the human eye perceives thing much differently than a camera. Trying to produce a physically correct image can sometime result in a perceptually less-correct image. As an example directly related to reflections, I'm looking at a building across the street through the windows of my office. The reflections of the office lights are actually quite bright. But I don't perceive them as bright in the reflection because my eyes are focused on the building across the street, and the different focal point reduces the impact of the closer lights. I also don't perceive them as blurred, though. The most appropriate depiction of the real-life experience of what it's like to work in this space would be a faint-but-sharp reflection, not a physically accurate render.

I checked on other computers and had the same result.

After playing around a little more, if the units are changed while Enscape is running it initially looks correct in both Enscape and Rhino. Closing and reopening Enscape shows the problem in Enscape.

I've attached some screenshots. I started the model in millimeters, placed two boxes and a plant. I ran enscape, and while enscape was running I changed the model units to centimeters. I then closed enscape and restarted enscape (units still in centimeters).

Enscape trees are not rendered at the correct scale when using rhino worksessions with files of different units. The proxies in the rhino viewport look correct, and all rhino geometry is rendered correctly, but the enscape trees are wrong. Running enscape from the individual files works fine, the problem is just when using worksessions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create one Rhino file, add some geometry and an enscape tree.
    2. Create a second Rhino file with different units from the first. Add some geometry

3. Attach the first file to the second using worksessions. In the rhino viewport, everything looks as expected.

4. Start enscape, and the tree is scaled incorrectly

With the rhino curve, I imagine the camera position moving along the rhino curve. The total duration of the shot would be entered by the user into enscape. There would be an option for the velocity to be either constant along the curve, or to use the parameterization of the curve to determine velocity.

There would still need to be keyframes for camera rotation. The user would add them at user-determined timestamps, and could edit the rotation values explicitly. I don't have a personal preference for the form of the rotation, just something that would let me get a fixed angle for a pan.

The user could add as many curves as they wanted, and go through the same process for all of them, effectively creating a sequence of shots. (the shots could also be created with the keyframe method of course!) They could then save out all the shots as a single video file, or batch render the videos as individual files.

Unless I'm missing something (which I might be!) there is no way to enter camera position/rotation explicitly? It is only set with a keyframe after navigating with the mouse and keyboard, which makes it nearly impossible to get a perfectly straight camera pan. (As a workaround, I have been editing the .xml file which works but is kind of annoying)

I think it would also be great if the paths could reference existing curves in rhino to give more complete control.

Is there a way to batch render a sequence of videos from different camera paths?
    Alternatively, any suggestions for a workflow that I'm not thinking of that would let me easily export a sequence of camera pans?

Thanks!