Posts by Trav72

Though I could see the benefit if your work actually does revit shaded/realistic views in addition to enscape 3D views.

We do need to produce building elevations directly from Revit as we need to output elevations that are to scale (and not just illustrative), these are required for planning submission drawings etc. We need a way to show some of the surrounding context in order to help soften the Revit elevations and are tying to avoid doubling up workflow.

The visuals we are able to get out of Enscape look great (and get better with each update) but the lack of control of the Enscape place holders within Revit is the single biggest issue we currently have with Enscape. Hopefully in the not to distant future we will have better overall control over the place holders within Revit with material control as standard......

Revit Place Holders with Revit Materials!!!

I have been playing around with the Enscape place Holders to see if I can assign Revit materials so they look a bit better within Revit and not just grey lumps and think I may have come up with a workaround albeit a bit longwinded. I have listed out the process below and attached a couple of image files (one from Revit and one from Enscape). I would be interested if this works for others as I am not sure how I've actually managed to get it to work.

Basically what I have done is this:

• Placed the Enscape Oak 3 Place Holder into a new project and then exported it to a .dwg file.
    • Opened up the .dwg file in AutoCad and created 2 new layers - Canopy and Trunk and put the geometry in the .dwg file onto the relevant layers.
    • I have then gone back to the project with the Enscape Oak 3 Place holder in and opened up the Place Holder Family, you then need to do the same in this family to get to the base geometry for the Place Holder.
    • Once in the base place holder geometry I have loaded in the .dwg file (make sure you unpin this) and overridden the object styles for the imported Geometry - i.e.. Canopy and Trunk (don't forget to delete the original Enscape Place Holder Geometry).
    • Once this is done load back into each family all the way back to the project.
    • I have then renamed the Enscape Place Holder family, crated several types at different sizes (but you can still set at whatever size you want as the place holder still scales), and saved off the family.

I would appreciate if others could have a go to see if it was just a fluke or if this is a workaround for getting some Revit materials into the Enscape Placeholders.

Link to dropbox below containing the following files (please note all files created in Revit 2021):

Enscape AssetDefinition - Oak 03 - 3D View - View 1.dwg

ENSCAPE TREE TEST.rfa

Enscape-Tree-Test-Project.rvt

Click here for Dropbox

Have just downloaded the latest version of Ensacpe to one of our workstations, and was wondering where the best location to save the offline assets is? Do these need to be saved locally or could they be save to a folder on our network that the other workstations can then also access the Offline Assets?

Also, if we are able to save to a central network location would any Custom Assets then also then be available to all users?

Apologies if this has been asked already, but just want to get it right before we update all of our workstations.

So in the standard planting family - Always vertical - is turned on..
    and for most objects that is fine..

but sometimes you want to turn that function off.

a good example is the cars.. but of course lampposts you want always vertical

would be nice if this was build in...

This is an issue we come up against all the time with some of the the Ensacpe assets (especially cars), it really does not help that Enscape still puts all the assets in the Revit plant category...... I know why they do it (it allows scaling), but certain things like cars don't need to be scaled..........

Would be good if this could be set as an instance parameter in the Ensacpe asset placeholder family (not sure if this is possible), but would definitely be worth investigating.

Is there a way to render elevation / section views that have been set up in Revit within Enscape?

We are currently working on some large sites and modelling trees etc using the Enscape asset Library in order to generate 3D visuals, but as previous discussions have pointed out unfortunately the Enscape assets look truly awful in Revit.

We need to generate illustrative elevations and sections of the buildings on the site within the site context and as such it would be fantastic if Enscape were able to render the Revit elevations / sections that have already been set up within Revit (purely in orthographic view). Currently we are having to set up section boxes for each of the elevation/ sections that we want to generate (this is the only way we have been able to do it so far) which is very time consuming and doubling our workflow.

If there is already a way to do this could someone kindly let me know, otherwise can this please be added to a wish list.

The ability to paint a mix of vegetation on to a surface in Twinmotion is a really good feature (albeit to an external file). Can we expect to see anything similar in Enscape any time soon? Would save a lot of time.....

Ideally no assets should be removed at all, or at least replaced with newer / updated versions of the older assets (which look the same). It is very frustrating when assets disappear from projects that have previously been set up.....

Bottom line is the not all the assets should be on the planting category. This is something that users have been complaining to Enscape about for some time, but no change yet. It would be good to get an update from Enscape on this......

Hi

I did post this previously but it was on a closed thread, so have re-posted as a new thread because i'm not sure if the developers check closed threads.

Is it just me, or when in preview mode / safe frame mode, the time of day is hidden behind the "Exit Preview (ESC)".

This is really frustrating as we adjust the time of day for each view in order to get the best image, but need to be able to make a note of the time of day. We then use this to set up view specific view templates in Revit as this is the only way we have been able maintain the desired daylight setting for each view.

Is there anyway the "Exit Preview (ESC)" and the time of day could be next to each other rather than overlapping? Would make life easier.

Interface Overlay

We are trying to set up a suitable image to use as an interface overlay (company logo , contact details etc.) and could do with some advice.

We have a custom output that we tend to use for still images of 4000 x 2250 and have noticed that the interface overlay image isn’t reaming a consistent size relative to the custom image output.

The interface overlay image appears to be proportional to the window size rather than the custom image size. So if we render from a small window the interface overlay comes out larger than if a bigger window were used? The final image output is still 4000 x 2250 irrespective of the window size.

Surely the interface overlay should be proportional to the custom image size rather than the window size?

We were trying to set up the interface overlay image to avoid having to use Photoshop to add the company logo etc., but unless this issue can be rectified I am not sure we will be able to use this feature.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so was a suitable solution / workaround found?

Is it just me, or when in preview mode / safe frame mode, the time of day is hidden behind the "Exit Preview (ESC)".

This is really frustrating as we adjust the time of day for each view in order to get the best image, but need to be able to make a note of the time of day. We then use this to set up view specific view templates in Revit as this is the only way we have been able maintain the desired daylight setting for each view.

Is there anyway the "Exit Preview (ESC)" and the time of day could be next to each other rather than overlapping? Would make life easier.