Posts by JonasCarlsson

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.

Until this has been fixed by the Enscape development team I have a workaround that seems to work pretty good:

First follow the WCS mapping option here: How can I apply texture mapping to VisualARQ objects? - VisualARQ

Make sure you have the texture mapping set to surface on the object.

Now it the the texture mapping should look ok in the Rhino workspace but still to small (or too big) in Enscape. What I found is to change the material type from for example Custom to Enscape. Now you might have to adjust the size in the Enscape material editor by clicking on the texture under Albedo and adjusting the height and width until it looks ok in both Rhino and Enscape. If you have walls with very different sizes there will be a problem with the texture size due to the surface mapping. In that case make a copy of the material and adjust the texture size in Enscape material editor again, and also make a copy of the wall type and change the material under attributes to the copied material. A bit complicated I know, but until it has been fixed by Enscape I havent found any other way to do it.

One thing I found though is that some VisualArq objects, for example a certain wall with windows or with a boolean subtraction can have the texture in the wrong direction, this is probably a VisualArq error and I will ask them about it. But for now the easiest way to fix an object that has this error is to use the "extractrendermesh" command to get a mesh copy of the object where the texture can be adjusted the normal way (box mapping and adjust the size of the box).

Hope this helps some of you.