Posts by pierrenp

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Demian Gutberlet and all folks here,,

I'm also using the Quest 2 for testing Enscape's VR.

I can confirm several thing:

1. RT definitely has much higher performance impact on VR;

2. Stuttering happens If my PC couldn't handle the scene complexity and set resolution output. We need to find balance between scene complexity (number of polygons/faces in a scene), visual quality (draft, medium, high, ultra), and resolution;

4. Based on my testing, Virtual Desktop perform better than Oculus Link / Air Link, since Virtual Desktop has easier resolution and image quality setting. I could easily reduce VR resolution through Virtual Desktop's presets (Low, Med, High, etc);

5. If I want to use airlink Oculus Link, I need to tweak the settings using Oculus Debug Tool (reducing bitrate, render resolution, etc), try changing the settings incrementally to get optimal result.

Overall, Virtual Desktop works very well for me.. One downside of Virtual Desktop is I need to dedicate a wifi router just for my PC and my Quest

Sorry, missed that. Since DLSS can be toggled on the fly it would be nice if Enscape would automatically disable it when entering VR mode. Sure would improve the default quality for a lot of users.

Thankyfully performance it okay for me at 90FPS on my RTX3090 even without DLSS, altough it does use about twice the GPU resources.

I do run Enscape on medium though. After alot of trial and error I found out that High and Ultra just don't feel as good in VR. They both cause an interesting effect where it look like a scene is rendered (pixels coming in) for a second when turning your head. Medium is instant and has more imersion. Lighting effect can also be too distracting and flickering on High and Ultra. So weirdly, Medium Rendering Quality looks "better" to me than High or Ultra in VR.

Agree,, Ability to turn DLSS or Raytracing in exported .exe will be so helpful.. Flexibility on running the .exe on different PC/Laptops..

You can also kindly instead upload the video through wetransfer.com and send me the link through a direct message. That would be highly appreciated.

Demian Gutberlet I've managed to find the cause of the problem,,

If I have a ground /object surface(s) which has a part of some part of it consisting self-illuminated material, the whole object won't be able to act as a teleport surface. Observed in version 3.0, 3.1, as well as 3.2. eg. If I have some staircases which the bottom of the staircases are self-illuminated material, the staircase group/object won't be able to become teleport surface

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, to answer your questions, here are the answer:

1. I'm using an RTX 3080;

2. I'm using an HP Reverb G2 and also tests using an Oculus Quest 2.

I see, so there was already LOD system implemented to have a 35% reduction in complexity? Any future plans on making the LODs have further reduction, like 50%, 85%, until turning the trees to billboards? This might be so much helpful for creating complex landscapes.

I did remove a lot of trees actually, but since this project is like an urban forest, people maybe wanting to roam every area of the park, in that sense most trees in the approachable area has to appear realistic. The scale is not as big as the NY Central Park, but it's quite dense.. Having significant complexity reduction will help a lot. I tried replacing distant trees using assets generated on Speedtree, but it didn't help that much..

DLSS helps, but it makes the screen flicker..

I hope you guys might consider having more LOD complexity reduction like the ones shown in this image.. Thanks

Hi,

I'm creating this outdoor landscape in Sketchup for VR, by adding trees from the Asset Library.

But, I realize the Assets don't have different Level of Details (LoD) in it. So the trees in the background will have the same amount of polygon as the ones at the front. Is there any plans on Implementing Automatic LODs like in Unreal Engine? The closer you are to the asset the higher the polygon count, since putting a lot of trees in a scene will decrease performance by a Lot.. Currently I have hundreds of trees and shrubs on my model and I have around 40-ish frames per second in Medium Quality on VR. I'm aiming to get around 70-90-ish frames.

I think Asset LOD's a must have for VR, especially on outdoor scenes

pierrenp , welcome to our Forum, and thanks a lot for your report.

Can you perhaps kindly share some screenshots with me (outside of VR or while VR is active) of the areas where you're falling through when teleporting? Is there any chance that you may have low ceilings in the project, which may interfere? Are you also using our latest release, Enscape 3.2? If not, or you aren't sure, please update Enscape accordingly. You'll find our latest installer here.

Also, if there is a chance to even share the project with us confidentially, let me know and I'll gladly provide you with a safe upload link accordingly.

I actually experience it in outdoor spaces..

Oh I haven't updated the software to 3.2.. I'll try updating ASAP

Yes it's a very confidential project, actually..

Hi,

I'm experiencing problem with the VR teleport function.

If I point the right controller to a surface to do teleport, in most surface it won't stick onto the surface so I'll be teleported through the surface eg. ground, walls, etc.

But this doesn't happen to all surface, but most of them. For instance, If I want to teleport to a ground in front of me, It will teleport me underground and fall. And if I try to teleport back onto the ground, I'll be teleported to the sky and fall (walk mode). This induced motion sickness like falling from the sky.