Posts by DGD-Duane

After upgrading to the latest preview 2.8 prev 7... I saved a RUSH WEB version for my boss last night...

Got a text saying the web version showed a nice SKY but no model...

We experienced this a couple previews ago...

Just so you know...

So.... I appreciate the IDEA of batch processing... but was a bust for me...

Waited over 20min for the FIRST rendering to save... never happened ... had to STOP...

Saving the first image MANUALLY (once Enscape had displayed the image) was about 1min...

I can switch views and save images quicker than the batch...

Maybe I'll try again tonight...

One of my suggestions is to create some kind of NAMING algorithm so I'm not stuck renaming everything after batch render.

A simple USER ENTERED PREFIX or SUFFIX system + the SAVED VIEW NAME would be great...

as the ultimate goal of these images is to be placed back into ArchiCAD which uses the FILENAME as a title, I'd prefer more control over the auto naming...

Actually this goes for Manually saving as well... A name such as

Enscape_2020-05-28-06-40-53_-AUTO COURT

doesn't work for me... (yes, I realize I'm not the only voice here... just want to throw it out there).

Also note that STOPPING the process of batch rendering caused the ENSCAPE toolbar to be useless.. most items greyed out or not changeable...

I am sure this was due to it not letting go of the process; thinking it was still trying to generate images. Had to restart ArchiCAD to get it back.

And... just to be clear, this is not a RANT... I'm thrilled with the product... just letting you know what I see...

Ugh... I now see that the NAMING comes ONLY from the NAME and NOT the ID of each view...

The names do change from AC VIEW MAP to ENSCAPE VIEWS

Downloaded the new preview this morning...

Trying to use the BATCH Rendering...

1. Any way to keep the FOLDER NAMES of my previously saved ArchiCAD Views?
    2. Recognizing that I can't yet... I tried to change the NAMES of the views in ArchiCAD View map but name was NOT reflected in the VIEWS Dialog for Enscape
      1. I added a DASH in front of the names in AC View Map
    3. I keep several folders of the same views... but the views are named the same...
      1. With Full Landscape
      2. Just Building
      3. Night Time
      4. etc.
      5. So I can't tell the difference in the enscape map between the same views in the different folders
      6. See #1 above

Don't know if this helps, but the same happened to me when they first provided the ENSCAPE MATERIALS EDITOR in ArchiCAD.

Turns out that in the ENSCAPE MATERIAL settings (which i had not edited)... the material was showing as SELF ILLUMINATING..

For me it was actually a GREY PAINT... I don't "think" I had anything in the archicad setting that would suggest illuminance, but I can be sure...

Anyway, check the ENSCAPE material editor and see if SELF ILLUMINATION is checked on.

[and I'm only guessing the SketchUp Enscape has a similar material editor]

d.

I'll chime in.... I do appreciate that ArchiCAD allows you to type in X" x Y" @ _____dpi and it figures out how many pixels...

The resulting .jpg is also saved at the dpi specified....

So... How does this convert to METRIC? everyone just has to work in INCHES for this? (dpmm???)

;-)

DPI is just simply math... so you don't ever really tell ENSCAPE to render at 300 dpi...

You do the math... 8in x 10in image @ 300dpi =...

8x300 = 2400 pixels

10x300 = 3000pixels

I need to tell enscape to render an image of 2400 x 3000...

So... I don't know the proper terminology in the photo sense, but I set up a view in ArchiCAD and get the same view in Enscape.

It's an interior, so I need the view angle to be greater than 90deg...

All looks good until I hit SAVE IMAGE... and the view pops about 5' closer and the angle reduces to about half of what I want...

I think there was a thread related to this, but I could not find it..

How do I correct this behavior?

I can see that ENSCAPE settings MATCH ArchiCAD's at 100deg...

See images below...

FOLLOW UP>>>>

I just noticed that I have VIEW MATCHING selected in the ENSCAPE PALETTE...

When I go to the ENSCAPE SETTING PALETTE, I am not allowed to change the FIELD OF VIEW.

Note that it READS correctly at 100deg...

But if I switch the view matching OFF... the settings window immediately switches to a 60deg FIELD OF VIEW...

It should be also noted that the FIELD OF VIEW seems to STICK on how it was HARD SET in the settings LAST..

So now I switch VIEW MATCHING back on an switch to another view... Though the settings reads correctly at the saved views FIELD OF VIEW (75deg)...

Switching view matching OFF again now reads 100deg (how I changed it a few minutes ago)..

I don't remember this happening previously and I know Enscape now includes it own version of the SAVED VIEWS...

Could someone look into this and verify?

This seems like improper behavior... the VIEW MATCHING should actually match this setting AND KEEP IT for SAVING THE IMAGE...