Posts by DGD-Duane

Since upgrading the recent PREVIEW... every time I save a WEB standalone, it goes thru the save process, open up the web version of enscape and displays NOTHING...

Just black ground and blue sky..

d.

Having read the posts here... I am putting in a vote for …

1. Having a GLOBAL setting to increase transparency in all vegetation

- Not sure how enscape will discern between other assets.... but I guess that's what tags are for.

2. Would love a SCALE slider to enlarge reduce every asset

3. I do like how twinmotion handles vegetation...seasonally

(not really high on my list as I'm working mostly desert... )

Just posted a similar shout out in another thread here... But I echo these sentiments...

We are now regularly showing RENDERED images instead of cartoons for client approvals....

While I'm here, i'd like to see more CA / ARIZONA DESERT varieties

1. Mesquite

2. Pepper

3. Palo Verde

4. Ironwood

I'd also like to see the existing trees (such as ROWAN series) with an ALTERNATIVE to shut off the red flowering parts...

It would help in making these trees more "Generic" so we could suggest our species without actually having to have them.

And I'd suggest targeting on the side of LESS DENSE trees... We're in the business of ARCHITECTURE...

In general, we need more YOUNGER / Shorter / smaller trees.... in the 12' to 20' dia range about 12' to 15' tall...

In addition, we DESPERATLY need the ability to add transparency to all landscape assets to allow BUILDINGS to show thru (when appropriate)…

After having said all that... I want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to the Enscape team... This has become such a vital part of the workflow now and am seeing much greater commentary back from clients.

FWIW.. I am crashing EVERY TIME I USE ENSCAPE in ARCHICAD.... The crash occurs in ARCHICAD when I quit. Doesn't matter if I've already closed the Enscape window or not... When I close archicad it will crash...

Fortunately archicad has a great autosave, and I don't loose anything, but it is cause for concern.

I haven't had it happen... Again, I think it was something like a memory leak... Where I'm doing a lot of imaging and 3d editing... constantly updating the model with Enscape open... After a couple of hours of that and adding a bunch of vegetation assets... it just "got tired"...

After quitting and re-opening (maybe even the next day)… things were ok.

It seems to have finally loaded.. I did a series of UNINSTALLING to clean it out...

But now... the reason I wanted to install in the first place was ORTHOGRAPHIC projection rendering...

Does that mean ELEVATION? or only AXONOMETRIC?

I saved a view in ArchiCAD that's an Elevation... Opened up Enscape… the settings still showed perspective... So I changed that to Orthographic...

But it only showed a white screen... As soon as I tried to rotate to see if the model was there at all, it changed back to perspective (as I would expect).

So...

a. Does Enscape do Elevations?

b. If yes, a short tutorial on how to set this up? (maybe there is one already?

Quick thought (and I hope I didn't just miss it)… but any chance of making the TIME OF DAY stamp toggle on/off in saved MOVIE file?

So the toggle is just whether or not to display it while saving a movie...

For what it's worth, I experienced the same thing yesterday... But in ARCHICAD! And these were actually ENSCAPE ASSETS that I added (By simply dragging a copy in ArchiCAD)... Showed up fine in ArchiCAD but not there in Enscape...

I assumed I was just running low on memory and shut down. I'll have to see if they are still missing at some other time.

Nuge,

You're a step ahead of me... I just INSTALLED the 2.7 preview and it totally disappeared from ArchiCAD… No palette, to menu … no nothing.

Got all excited about this only to find that STREET VIEW does NOT work on iPhone!...

Yes they have an APP.... but it only produces a BLACK screen... Ugh...

Any other iPhone apps to try?

d.