Posts by DGD-Duane

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

I believe there is NO Light emitting from any enscape light asset...

In addition to fixing this (which I presume is quite significant, with control over many parameters)... I would just like the BULB material to actually be an emmissive material! It's odd, after placing an ARCHICAD LIGHT SOURCE from an enscape light, to have the bulb appear as if OFF...

A couple of things... I rec'd an email showing that Demian responded to my #24 above... yet it does NOT show here...

It stated that he'd prefer me go the route of the NEW RELEASE and use the DENOISER...

But in another post in a different thread, I had already experienced the fact that 3.5.3 does NOT work on my files... Just a blank ENSCAPE LOGO screen...

I will have to find time to RELOAD THE NEW VERSION and get the error again so I can send in debugging info...

For now, I've got other fish to fry...

FWIW... My workaround was to add some EMMISIVITY to the ceiling (the odd shadows only appeared on the ceiling) to try an prevent the shadows from forming... It was NOT perfect.. and because I had a white ceiling, I could get away with it.

Also of note, I had a fair amount of UPLIGHTING over cabinets in this room. (not the place where the shadows were forming... But I've found the making a material a light source has inconsistent results... sometimes perfect glow... sometimes almost nothing...

Installed... Tried a 3d.. from a current project... Nothing but Enscape logo for over 20min...

Same file with previous version... Just fine...

Tweaked a couple of the HARDWARE Acceleration settings... nothing

Did a simple slab... Ok.. that worked...

But nothing else

FWIW,

I experienced a similar thing a couple of months ago... My interior movie [sweeping across a room] showed extremely strange "Shadows" on the ceiling... For half of the movie, it was fine, but when camera pointed in a certain direction, these "shadows" would appear...

I tried many things...

1. was to turn off the outside trees... this seemed to help (assuming was just choking on polygon count) but not totally eliminate the issue...

2. I also tried making the ceiling slightly emmissive to knock down the shadows... Again about 75% success

Good to know this is something being worked on...

While we're at it, is there any way to display TIME OF DAY on a movie created in enscape? Trying to do sun studies and it would help if the end view could see the time of day in the movie...

I just spent an hour calculating and placing TITLE TEXTS in premiere to add this info...

By Far the easiest solution is to just make the LENS MATERIAL luminous...

I have a material in archicad called LED LIGHTING (in fact a few with different LED COLORS for specialty lighting)..

Anyway, once you create the material and give it some EMMISIVE properties, you can also use ENSCAPE's material editor to brighten or soften the light effect.

Demian Gutberlet

It did turn out to be TWO jpg textures named the same... This is a TYPICAL occurrence when using SKETCHUP objects inside of ArchiCAD...

Note that the textures are saved inside of folders in the embedded library in archicad and the folders are built with EACH OBJECT... so my GOLF BALL texture 1 does not know anything about my TERRAIN texture 1...

What threw me off was the fact that ArchiCAD (apparently) uses a PROXIMITY filter to establish which texture 1 to use... so all looked FINE in archicad... but Enscape did not...

I was able to RENAME all 840 TERRAIN textures to circumvent the issue..

Since I've already corrected the issue, sending you the files would not help...

This is one of those 3 party issues where no one will be able to FIX the problem... I know how to get what I want now... so I guess we just chalk it up to another workaround....

Thanks!

This may be a result of the recent upgrade, but all of a sudden enscape is replacing materials randomly..

This happened particularly on a 3d terrain generated by sketchup, then saved into archicad. The SAME terrain object had been displaying just fine a couple of weeks ago..

Note on the ENSCAPE image, the terrain (which is typically a patchwork quilt from sketchup) as replaced some terrain (aerial) squares with random other textures... some white brick, some tree bark, some roof tiles, etc.

You can also see that the same squares in archiCAD show as they should...

When a terrain is imported in archicad, the OBJECT contains all the materials in the script and saves a folder full of images as textures. Again, working fine in ArchiCAD and has all worked fine in the past in Enscape.

I'll try and revert enscape back a release and see if it's fixed..

Duane

After updating to the current RELEASE VERSION, I went about saving some views for a project... I noticed that when saving the jpeg, the sky and background turn BLACK and actually saved that way...Upon further study, I noticed that the PNG setting was left on ALPHA CHANNEL... By turning this OFF and resetting the output to JPG.. the actual sky and background was correct...

Seems like a bug, yeah?

enscape 3.5.0

I have the same issue... And yes, I point to a folder with the GLOBE PLANTS already saved as ENSCAPE ASSETS...

I feel like this CUSTOM ASSETS option could be exploited more... I think what you're asking (or what I'm asking) is can we just EDIT already saved enscape assets... for me, even if it means having to SAVE AS my own version.....

1. Would allow me to categorize a folder full of assets

2. Would also allow me to take a RED CAR (from the standard library) and save as BLACK or other color

3. Would also allow me to colorize the vegetation a little more in sync with my location (most are too LIMEY for desert trees)

Enscape, please consider some avenue to allow user editing of existing assets.

That pretty much is what I'm looking for... The TV is fine and I can get that to work... But for me though, all the NEGATIVE space between my flames is NOT transparent... (a little difficult to tell in yours, but looks like it might be)...

I am left with BLACK bacground to my FIRE MOVIE... which works fine in my INTERIOR FIREPLACES, but looks bad in outdoor firepits and the like...

I can get my PNGs with alpha transparency, but want to do the same with MOV files (as materials)... Can anyone let me know if this is possible??

And maybe a short write up on how to achieve this?

My interest is filling the holes in enscape for LIVE FIRE / Waterfall etc.

If there is another way to achieve this, I'm all ears!

Thanks,

I think I've posted this before, but I don't see an easy way to find it here....

Just wanted to reinforce that having to wait for all my FAVORITES to regen just to OPEN UP Enscape from ArchiCAD is a problem...It's taking a significant amount of time to cycle thru all the favorites (more than 10min.) while each view is regenerated in ArchiCAD then in Enscape...

I don't recall if you guys thought that could be avoided or needed to be fixed at the programming level...

Anyway... let me know where we stand on this..

Please also make assets rotatable...

Cars especially need to match ground slopes...

But thanks for the COLOR CHANGING... that will be a huge boon to our models..

Also, it mentioned SEASONING for the vegetation... Will that be based on the TIME OF DAY / CALENDAR day of the view? or just a SWITCH in the object... (in other words, we'll have to individual switch each asset to match season