Posts by DGD-Duane

So... the preview 6 did make (somewhat of) a difference... I seemed to be able to load an .xml from 2.9 as a starting point and successfully manipulate the timeline.

It still tries to COUNTER information I've put in... (I set node three at 24 sec... Enscape puts it at 28 sec. (conceptually speaking)

Still difficult to get a PAUSE in the timeline... but I think I managed it.

Then, when I get the timeline preview to look close and EXPORT to mp4, it changes timing again (most noticeable where I had the pause there is no longer a pause there in the movie)....

Just wanted to catch you up...

I know you guys are trying to make the TIMELINE easier to use, but this is just not working for me....

1. Add keyframes (about 10)

2. Try to adjust TIMING of each

a. First couple worked

b. Then when I type in a new TIME, it keeps reverting to previous...

3. Nearly impossible to ADD TIME to two frames with the same view (a PAUSE in the path)...

Are there any SOLID INSTRUCTIONS about creating and editing a path?

Note: it was also somewhat difficult in 2.9, but I could acheive those items above..

Also... There is a NAME BOX in the settings that does change the name at the top of the SCREEN... Any chance that can be used for name in the web list? Would be better to DATE or VERSION tag the file as I create many of these during the course of the project...

This is still a problem... I don't know if this comes and goes with all the PREVIEW UPDATES... but at the end of this list there are 3 different projects and all named untitled... They also come from the same projects that HAVE NAMES earlier in the list...

So I created a nice bookmatched marble in ArchiCAD using archicad's mirroring checkbox in the materials... Looks perfect in ArchiCAD, but when moving to ENSCAPE the bookmatching (mirroring) is NOT RETAINED....

I can fashion what I want by going to Photoshop and saving a BOOKMATCHED version, but just wanted to note this as a possible future feature (to keep archicad's mirroring)..

Or maybe someone knows how this can already be done...

Wish the material selection method will be the same as in sketchup. When you use surface paint selecting the surface material, the Enscape mat window will jump to that mat, That will be great!

Like TwinMotion....

I do like, however, that you can TYPE in a FILTER for the materials to narrow down what you're looking at....

I wish ARCHICAD did something like that... (you can type the FIRST letter in WINDOWS version of archicad... but that's very limited)..

Still thrilled with the results and ease of use of Enscape....

Since installing 2.9 prev4 (archicad), each time I create an EXE file, the view jumps from where I put it to a few thousand feet away!...

This doesn't seem to affect the model, and I can WALK back in enscape to where I want to start, but it has never done this before.

Also, even though I have the CAMERA MATCHING button ON... sometimes the enscape will start in ORTHO mode instead of perspective.

Then it will tell me I cannot change the view, because its VIEW MATCHING.. so I have to switch View Matching OFF... got to Enscape and select PERSPECTIVE and go back and turn VIEW MATCHING ON and move the view slightly to get it to kick in...

Agree on both items... Wind / water should have it own INTERNAL CLOCK while the TIME OF DAY runs independently...

So we can use TIME LAPSE AND wind at the same time...

Note: I use timelapse to put the sun in the best position for viewing during a WALK THRU .mov....

Also, the grass far inferior to previous versions... Much more "CLUMPY" and distracting...

Still wishing there was also PUTTING GREEN as a grass type... VERY SHORT....

Still LOVING Enscape!... keep up the good work!

We need to convince ENSCAPE to support POINT CLOUDS... People (civil engineers) with DRONES and a point cloud gathering system can then send you back quite convincing 3d map of the surroundings (in color!)...

But Enscape does not yet support point clouds....

I just did a GOOGLE Earth screen grab... 360 deg pano from the center of my site (but with the garbage trees and buildings turned off...

Works well for the distant mountain range, but not gonna work if you want to see your building next to the neighbor's building..

After upgrading to the latest preview 2.8 prev 7... I saved a RUSH WEB version for my boss last night...

Got a text saying the web version showed a nice SKY but no model...

We experienced this a couple previews ago...

Just so you know...

So.... I appreciate the IDEA of batch processing... but was a bust for me...

Waited over 20min for the FIRST rendering to save... never happened ... had to STOP...

Saving the first image MANUALLY (once Enscape had displayed the image) was about 1min...

I can switch views and save images quicker than the batch...

Maybe I'll try again tonight...

One of my suggestions is to create some kind of NAMING algorithm so I'm not stuck renaming everything after batch render.

A simple USER ENTERED PREFIX or SUFFIX system + the SAVED VIEW NAME would be great...

as the ultimate goal of these images is to be placed back into ArchiCAD which uses the FILENAME as a title, I'd prefer more control over the auto naming...

Actually this goes for Manually saving as well... A name such as

Enscape_2020-05-28-06-40-53_-AUTO COURT

doesn't work for me... (yes, I realize I'm not the only voice here... just want to throw it out there).

Also note that STOPPING the process of batch rendering caused the ENSCAPE toolbar to be useless.. most items greyed out or not changeable...

I am sure this was due to it not letting go of the process; thinking it was still trying to generate images. Had to restart ArchiCAD to get it back.

And... just to be clear, this is not a RANT... I'm thrilled with the product... just letting you know what I see...

Ugh... I now see that the NAMING comes ONLY from the NAME and NOT the ID of each view...

The names do change from AC VIEW MAP to ENSCAPE VIEWS