Posts by DGD-Duane

That does not look right at all of course - If you haven't already please send us a report from your machine too, please. Even if you don't have preview 6 installed anymore, we should still receive the log files from it to troubleshoot this accordingly. In the Feedback report submission form, please also simply include a link to this thread as well for reference/context.

Thank you in advance!

Log files sent today...

Note that I've already uninstalled and installed previous version (which seems to work fine)

So I'm back on the previous PREVIEW and am trying to visualize a PANORAMA photo mapped to a cylinder around my site... I am getting a "GHOST" of the image in COLOR (not the image)... like the ALPHA MASK is not aligned... Anyway... take a look at this image and let me know if there is something I can do..

Also...

1. How can I convert a LINEAR PANORAMA into a skybox? There is no SKY in the image (alpha channeled out) so I can see the procedural sky from enscape. This has worked well in the past..

2. Also, in archicad, when I touch any of the materials in the ENSCAPE MATERIAL EDITOR ... I get some other bugs...

a. If I want to add a "SHADE" to the image texture... the first time it works as expected

b. The second time, if I try to adjust the SHADE COLOR, the image texture is replaced with SOMETHING ELSE or deleted altogether.

c. This makes me really hesitate to do any ADJUSTMENTS using the enscape material editor...

I will try to upload the trouble shoot file. Not sure what you mean by LOG FILES.. There is no CRASH... just a tainted screen...

By far, the easiest and most useful update would be to NOT re-time the entire timeline every time I adjust the TIMESTAMP on ONE KEY FRAME....

Please, just let us type in EACH KEYFRAMES timestamp INDEPENDENT of all other times... Fine to let us know we've leapfrogged the next key frame, but DON'T ADJUST everything else every time I set one frame.

This simple feature I would like to use in ALL MY VIDEOS.... come up to an ENDING KEYFRAME and STAY THERE for 5 to 10 sec... .Right now this is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve as the path assume that I want a consistent speed between keyframes..

And HURRY... I have a movie due at 5pm!

I have seen a couple of mentions of FROSTED GLASS in the forum here.... But I'm looking to do something just a bit different...

I am trying to make an ETCHED DESIGN in glass where part is Frosted and the rest is clear...

For now, just imagine STRIPES (though I'd like to have something like STICKS or GRASS look)

Is there a way to create a PNG where this can be accomplished?

I tried one, and it almost worked, but the alpha channel portion is more like INVISIBLE than glass..

[I did overlay this on another piece of glass and it looked ok..]

If anyone has a clever technique, please pass it along...

So... the preview 6 did make (somewhat of) a difference... I seemed to be able to load an .xml from 2.9 as a starting point and successfully manipulate the timeline.

It still tries to COUNTER information I've put in... (I set node three at 24 sec... Enscape puts it at 28 sec. (conceptually speaking)

Still difficult to get a PAUSE in the timeline... but I think I managed it.

Then, when I get the timeline preview to look close and EXPORT to mp4, it changes timing again (most noticeable where I had the pause there is no longer a pause there in the movie)....

Just wanted to catch you up...

I know you guys are trying to make the TIMELINE easier to use, but this is just not working for me....

1. Add keyframes (about 10)

2. Try to adjust TIMING of each

a. First couple worked

b. Then when I type in a new TIME, it keeps reverting to previous...

3. Nearly impossible to ADD TIME to two frames with the same view (a PAUSE in the path)...

Are there any SOLID INSTRUCTIONS about creating and editing a path?

Note: it was also somewhat difficult in 2.9, but I could acheive those items above..

Also... There is a NAME BOX in the settings that does change the name at the top of the SCREEN... Any chance that can be used for name in the web list? Would be better to DATE or VERSION tag the file as I create many of these during the course of the project...

This is still a problem... I don't know if this comes and goes with all the PREVIEW UPDATES... but at the end of this list there are 3 different projects and all named untitled... They also come from the same projects that HAVE NAMES earlier in the list...

So I created a nice bookmatched marble in ArchiCAD using archicad's mirroring checkbox in the materials... Looks perfect in ArchiCAD, but when moving to ENSCAPE the bookmatching (mirroring) is NOT RETAINED....

I can fashion what I want by going to Photoshop and saving a BOOKMATCHED version, but just wanted to note this as a possible future feature (to keep archicad's mirroring)..

Or maybe someone knows how this can already be done...

Wish the material selection method will be the same as in sketchup. When you use surface paint selecting the surface material, the Enscape mat window will jump to that mat, That will be great!

Like TwinMotion....

I do like, however, that you can TYPE in a FILTER for the materials to narrow down what you're looking at....

I wish ARCHICAD did something like that... (you can type the FIRST letter in WINDOWS version of archicad... but that's very limited)..

Still thrilled with the results and ease of use of Enscape....

Since installing 2.9 prev4 (archicad), each time I create an EXE file, the view jumps from where I put it to a few thousand feet away!...

This doesn't seem to affect the model, and I can WALK back in enscape to where I want to start, but it has never done this before.

Also, even though I have the CAMERA MATCHING button ON... sometimes the enscape will start in ORTHO mode instead of perspective.

Then it will tell me I cannot change the view, because its VIEW MATCHING.. so I have to switch View Matching OFF... got to Enscape and select PERSPECTIVE and go back and turn VIEW MATCHING ON and move the view slightly to get it to kick in...

Agree on both items... Wind / water should have it own INTERNAL CLOCK while the TIME OF DAY runs independently...

So we can use TIME LAPSE AND wind at the same time...

Note: I use timelapse to put the sun in the best position for viewing during a WALK THRU .mov....

Also, the grass far inferior to previous versions... Much more "CLUMPY" and distracting...

Still wishing there was also PUTTING GREEN as a grass type... VERY SHORT....

Still LOVING Enscape!... keep up the good work!