Posts by Robertpolk

I needed a stained glass that would show "strong" in a walk through. This was a hack I made work for that application. I have not explored the PBR materials for the self lighting glass /transparency for Revit 2019 and Enscape. That doesn't mean they can't do it, I just haven't looked for that solution. This again was a quick hack to get the proper "look" in a walk through.

Can't offer transparency or self illumination (I have not had to look for a solution for those yet), but here is method to use to simulate screens etc. It is simply painted on a face in Revit. If you burn the image in photoshop to over brighten the image, you simulate a light, however, it will not show up as a light in Revit or Enscape. (Just darkens like the rest of the room if you transition time in Enscape).

Additionally, I am I sure this is a known issue, the Archvision RPC's do not do well in Enscape. Here are 2 images. One is a capture of the realistic viewport in revit. The RPC I created above shows, along with the plug and play seated RPC from Archvision. Note the RPC for enscape does not show in Revit. Switch to Enscape, and now the seated RPC is a guy, standing (matches the height of the seated RPC), the Enscape RPC is proper, and the created RPC I made shows properly. Strange things are afoot.

I have been experimenting with the RPC Creator by Archvision, along with getting the reference models for 3dsMax/Vray into Revit for use by Enscape and the Vive. Here is one comparison I just finished. I took a model and made the RPC with the Creator and Max. The other model I used 3dsmax to export a dwg that could be imported into a Revit family. No other changes were made after creating the RPC and the Revit family. I then inserted each into an existing Revit model. The RPC comes in complete with materials and bump maps no work necessary. The Revit family is.... lacking. Size wise both are big, the Revit family comes in at 63,960 KB, the RPC 50,891KB, so the RPC won there also. There is a definite segmentation seen in the front radius walls on the Revit family also. While this is not a routine I want to start as they both took at least about 10-15 minutes to create (processor working - me not) I think I will focus on the RPC route for furnishings in the future for the presentation aspects of the projects I plan on using Enscape.

yes, you can export images in Revit to a file, or you can select Render in Enscape and save it. You then go to your page layout in Revit and insert the still image on the page. You can render a file in Revit itself and store it as an embedded image, but it increases the project file size substantially.

Interesting, and it makes the buzzing noise only when you move the mouse or keyboard to navigate through the scene, going silent as soon as the camera stops?

Yes, a brief delay on mouse click down, then a small buzz, and on mouse release a small delay to stop noise with a refocus on the stopped image on screen.

I've got one and yes there is fan noise related to the card. To me its not that objectionable - (its like a hard disk seeking noise in a hard search), and yes it does occur with Enscape. Note it also occurs when in 3dsMax using Vray Gpu. This is the EVGA card.

Please note I am having material library and material problems. I have rebooted machine and recreated materials several times. This is based on the "New" Revit material. The tile should have a bump and should be slightly lighter, though I can live with the color shading. This is a screen capture of Revit and Enscape. Shower walls and bathroom floors should be the same material with bump. What did I miss?

Here is a current item. In creating this room, I had to use the "box" method to force reflections in the program to NOT display the exterior sky. Works great - the attached image shows the render with the proper room reflections while in the Enscape program in Revit (2019). However, when I created a web model to share, the reflections returned. There is a screen shot included.

It looks like a light leak, incomplete joint between the flooring and wall. 3dsmax also does this. I recently had an issue on an interior rendering and Micha suggested putting my model in a large enclosed "box". It worked and eliminated my issue. If there is no exterior light reaching this portion of your model you could try that, otherwise the joint between the 2 will need to be examined. It does look almost like a reflection though, you are right.

On material test 2, the center cube and the whiteish cube to its right are from Evermotion, Archinteriors 25 No. 7, so I rob from other files I have also. The Arroway has a good concrete set, but their materials are top notch, even if you have to take and recreate them in Revit. The materials did not transfer into 3DS Max 2019 with a Revit link unfortunately. I was kinda hoping that they would, but too bad. I guess I'll need to recreate the materials (or at least their names) in max. I was hoping to get lucky for the bump and uvw's with the Max to Revit link. Maybe the Enscape folks can help with those material control items (hint, hint).

some are my textures, but most are arroway textures from the first texture collection and their Concrete texture collection. They have good seamless textures, most are 6 meter by 6 meter scaled textures. I also tried a high res 24k image that Enscape handled well - it was gravel however and it's "believability" was based on the normal map and it was quite unsuccessful, so I didn't upload an image. Performance was no different between lower resolution images and these higher resolution images. I was encouraged. Now, I just wish I could get the textures (bumps) and uvw coordinates to align at edges. All of materials are using the new Revit material setup, which is a pain to create honestly, but they work. They are still limited and guesswork associated with creating them is somewhat tedious and frustrating at times - (refer to the blog on textures on this website - kind of like Polish notation calculators).

There are a few open source images, but unless you are willing to spend the time in photoshop making them not only seamless, but large enough to not be an obviously repetitive pattern, you will need to probably buy what you need. I'll come back and list a few sights for good images, but there are some mentioned in the blogs on this website.

A few materials with using Revit's new material controls. Still lacking the 3d bump mapping, but there is a small amount there. The edges of the cubes are lacking. Alignment of texture wraps at edges are a problem, and always have been in Revit. (no active UVW control). Enscape is handling the materials well, again with the understanding that UVW and bump areas are lacking.