Posts by Demian Gutberlet

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

ryanfernie , once more I appreciate your posts and feedback. I agree that something like a file path editor would be a logical addition to Enscape, next to perhaps a way to easily package the scene with all its content overall. All I can say at the moment though is that this is something which has again been brought up to product management from our side and they're aware of the demand for it.

While I wish I could make some definite promises currently, I can tell you that this isn't a forgotten topic.

As mentioned in my other similar post here, once I have any further news to share in the near future hopefully I'll reach back.

If this still persists you can also check if your scene may not have any emissive / self-illuminating materials that might be set brighter than your actual light sources.

You can hereby try to lower the overall "Artificial Light Brightness" (Visual Settings -> Atmosphere tab) of all self-illuminating materials at once to see if that makes a difference. If so, increasing the brightness of your artificial light sources may also help.

Let me know if that doesn't do the trick what so ever.

Thank you once more, this has already been filed as a bug internally now to be resolved as soon as possible.

:sketchup: Как решить эту проблему, поделитесь видеоуроком для Sketchup

Could you perhaps share that small specific example scene with me so that I can try to reproduce this behavior right away? You can simply put the scene into a .zip file and attach it with your next reply.

I have the exact same issues and I'm also highly depending on it to work. Invested a lot in new hardware because of the requirements of Enscape, so I really need it to work.

Thanks for your post.

We've received your inquiry via our support channels as well and we'll reach out to you very soon of course after further troubleshooting.

Once more thank you for a bit more patience until then.

Hi omxrr1 , welcome to our Forum.

As we do not process trial resets via the Forum itself anymore I'm afraid please briefly reach out to our support team as detailed here directly and you'll be granted a further 14 days to test out Enscape soon thereafter.

Let me know in case of any further questions and thank you once more in advance.

Hi Fred9419 , welcome to our Forum.

In case of a trial being expired already despite signing up to a new account, please be aware that if Enscape might've been installed on that machine in the past the 14 days would already be used up.

In any case that's not a problem, you can simply inquire a trial time reset as detailed here. We do not process trial renewals via the forum anymore but be assured that our support team will be quick to respond.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Hi milos.komlenic , and thanks for your post.

Please check out the following dedicated knowledgebase article going into further detail in regards to which files you can actually import into the custom asset library and how exactly:

Custom Asset Library - Enscape

I highly reccomend generally reading through this article from top to bottom if you get the chance.

And an excerpt of interest:

"Only the file formats; *.gltf, *.obj or *.fbx can be imported to the Custom Asset Library. As these constitute the most common cross-platform industry standard formats, a model that can be converted to one of these formats can, in theory, be imported into the Custom Asset Library."

Last but not least there's also a relatively recent blog article once more detailing the custom asset library further and how some companies are using it:

Leveraging Custom Assets in Enscape
    An entourage of assets can bring a project's design to life. Dan Stine shares Lake|Flato's process of adding custom assets to a project when using Enscape.
    blog.enscape3d.com

If there are any further questions that may arise please let me know.

Thanks a lot! If it's not adding too much extra effort could you share the scene (or any download links) with me via a direct message too? I'm just asking because Clemens is out-of-office for today and this way I can have a look directly myself as well. Otherwise if this actually takes too much of your time no worries at all.

Hi supportkingsmen ,

I am sorry to hear about that. I've checked your existing active subscription right away and there seems to be no active activations. Did you perhaps reach out to our support team as well in the meantime?

In any case please try to activate Enscape once more now. If you still run into this or any further problems just let me know and I'll investigate further right away.

Hi happymilk , thanks a lot for the report - Is there any chance you could share this scene with us (or just affected parts of it) so we can troubleshoot this right away? If possible (and the scene might be confidential) you can simply share any download link via a direct message as well after uploading.

Feel free to use any upload provider of your choice (e.g. wetransfer.com). Thanks a lot in advance.

Aliceinthewonderland , just so you know you can also install our latest Preview 6 of Enscape 4.0 which generally includes further bug fixes in regards to overall daily use. As long as you're currently not having to produce renderings for a client under any heavy time pressure or so and have some leeway feel free to give it a try.

Our latest preview can always be acquired directly here, our latest announcement post is found here and last but not least please also ensure that you fully uninstall Enscape 3.5.6 from your machine before installing Enscape 4.0 Preview 6 as there will be problems otherwise.

This is just optional but again something you might be interested in trying. If you experience any oddities or further problems within that preview let us know anytime of course.

Alternatively you can also wait for a further response via the feedback report I've requested if you wish to stay on 3.5.6.

Hi eva.bowdler , welcome to our Forum.

We've already sent you a dedicated e-mail with a further explanation as to what is exactly currently going on here yesterday - Could you kindly check to see if you've received our message?

Otherwise let me know and I can re-share it again via a direct message as the information within is confidential.

Thanks a lot in advance for any further replies.

Hi Aliceinthewonderland , I'm sorry to hear about this.

Right away you can try to simply reset the current Visual Settings (presets) you're making use of - Should that make no difference what so ever on this behavior you detailed please kindly submit this behavior via a feedback report as well as detailed here. This will transfer all your machine information, necessary log files, current settings used and more to our technical support team directly for further analysis. In the submission form itself you can simply copy what you've shared here already.

Feel free to also let me know once sent in and thank you in advance.

I have an issue where my custom asset library does not load on open. The only way it loads if when I click on the folder icon in the lower right corner. It seems to remember the correct folder (because when I click on the folder icon, it opens the correct folder). I'm thinking this might be a refreshing issue?

Also, the tab no longer seems to be remembered in the asset editor. It always opens on the standard library, instead of remembering the last used tab like Enscape 3.5 and earlier versions.

Thank you for your post Pieter . As always, can you still please submit a feedback report including logs alongside? Of course whenever you generally experience any technical difficulties with Enscape sending in a report right away with a brief description of any issues is recommended and most often required by us.

As I've not been able to fully reproduce this behavior of yours please let me know once said report has been sent in and I'll have a look right away.

Hello, thank you for your answer.

I have actually already tried having that on and off, without much noticeable difference.

Is there any other setting /solution I should test?

Just to make sure, you're utilizing a NVIDIA T2000 correct? As we've received this inquiry via our support channels as well we've sent out a reply on Tuesday, have you had a chance to check it out? It wasn't sent to your e-mail used in this forum directly but another using the same company domain (Byrum) so I just want to make sure you've gotten it as we haven't yet received a response back. Please of course let me know if there's any misunderstanding here and you're perchance using a different machine.

This is what we've sent alongside other information (let me know if I should share the whole e-mail again with you):

"T1000 and T2000 GPUs unfortunately have shown issues processing hardware acceleration for ray-tracing and corresponding features which cannot be solved by drivers. Please open the general settings of Enscape and navigate to the "Rendering" tab. First, deactivate “NVIDIA Shadow Denoiser” followed by "Ray-Traced Sun Shadows" and then deactivate "Hardware-accelerated Ray-Tracing". Now, please restart Enscape and the CAD application for this adjustment to take effect and test your project again. Should the issue persist, please open this window once more and also deactivate “NVIDIA Global Illumination Denoiser” as well as “NVIDIA DLSS” and restart the apps once more."

As you've tried that already I reckon using "Auto Exposure" does help with this behavior though? You mentioned you cannot use it given the differences in lighting, though be aware that you can still fine-tune the overall exposure even with that feature enabled to define how bright/dark the final results should be.

Last but not least, did you perchance have Auto-Exposure enabled in the past before running into this problem, especially if you said utilizing ray-tracing didn't make much of a difference?

Thank you once more in advance for any further replies.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I've brought this up once more to product management very recently and I can say that it's definitely not a forgotten topic. At the moment though I'm afraid I cannot specify when we will implement anything along those lines of a file path editor, or a way to package a scene overall with all its materials and so forth, but I'll make sure to update you and everyone else asking for this in case there'll be any news in the not so distant future.

I reckon you've done this already, but feel free to also forward any other additional input via our roadmap portal which will be seen by product management too.

And if there are any questions or inquiries that come up otherwise please let me know!

Hi micahs and welcome to our Forum.

First things first, does it make any difference if you try adjusting the "Rendering Quality" in the "Main" tab of our "Visual Settings"? For example to "High" or "Ultra"? And on top of that, what graphics card is built into that machine exactly? Just perhaps you recently upgraded from an older GPU to a more recent one before this occurred?

Furthermore whenever you generally experience technical problems with Enscape like in this case ideally submit us a feedback report alongside as detailed here. This way we receive all of your machine information (CPU, GPU used plus driver dates) and log files which could be used to troubleshoot this further.

Let me know once said report has been sent so I can have a look right away and thank you in advance.

Hi EGIE , thanks for your post.

If you hover over "Apply Alpha Channel" you will see the tooltip say "Exports the image with the alpha channel applied. The background (sky) is transparent".

So this should behave like you're expecting though we've resolved a previous problem in regards to the Alpha Channel not being properly applied when using the Orthographic projection mode. Could you kindly try our latest preview instead and report back if you're still getting the same results?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dear Forum Community,

We've just released our latest Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 5!

BUGFIXES:

• Fixed on Cause of Random Crashes During Rendering
    • Fixed Missing Artificial Lights on Some Surfaces
    • Fixed Changes in Light Parameters That Were Not Correctly Reflected in Renderer Window
    • Fixed Occurrence of Conflicting Changes of Enscape Assets Included in Components/Groups With Multiple Instances
    • Fixed Custom Asset Editor Not Terminating
    • Fixed Custom Asset Materials Cannot Be Replaced on Geometry Re-Import
    • Fixed Multi Asset Placement Area Was Still Visible After Switching to Collaborative Annotation or BIM Mode
    • Fixed Black Texture Preview in Enscape Material Editor When Brightness Is Less Than 100%
    • Fixed Orbiting Glitches

KNOWN ISSUES:

• SketchUp – Geometry Updates Not Working After Importing Model With Materials
      After adding Models with materials, the live updates to the Enscape renderer stop working. This can be remedied by restarting the renderer. Fixed in SketchUp 2024.
    • Rhino 8 – Enscape Freezes when Switching Views
      Fixed in Rhino 8 SR5.

To see what has been added with Enscape for Mac 4.0 Preview 5 (and prior) check out our prior announcement post here.

If any questions or further feedback arises, please let us know via this thread or by reaching out to our support. In case your experience any crashes, freezes or similar, kindly submit a feedback report with log files if possible.