Posts by TimAlsop

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.

My understanding from the info shared so far is the following:

1. When my architect installed Enscape, the Enscape materials are installed into his user folder, e.g. C:\Users\<architect user>\Enscape\...

2. When he used the Enscape textures/materials in the Revit project, the Revit software links to these textures/materials in his user folder (see 1 above).

3. When I open the Revit project on my PC, it can't find the textures/materials because they are in a folder that doesn't exist on my PC.

Is above correct ? Have I understood the issue correctly ?

I'm not sure why Enscape textures/materials are stored in users folder. Surely it would be better if they were installed into C:\ProgramData\... like Microsoft intended. This is a folder on all Windows workstations that is designed for holding data for a program that is installed. If Enscape used this fodler, e.g. C:\ProgramData\Enscape\... then the same folder would exist on my PC and there wouldn't be any issues finding the files.

The proposed solutions mentioned above all involve some kind of fix to tell my Revit where to find the standard materials/textures. We are not using any custom materials or textures, just the ones provided with Enscape, but I understand that if custom materials/textures were being used, this would be slightly more challenging.

It needs some small code changes and especially a new installer for revit 2023.

Your architect could run it to collect all the textures, and you could fix the paths manually on your end then. That might be a small job if we're only talking about a few materials and you know what you're doing.

You can send me a direct message here for a download link to the plugin.

ok, i'll discuss witih my architect and let you know if he wants to try your plugin.

For this kind of workflow I made a plugin that exports all textures to a folder, and then you can use the same plugin to fix all the paths on the receiver's side.

It's working and I'm happy to send you an experimental link, but I'm afraid I only have a Revit 2022 version of the plugin at the moment.

Sounds interesting/useful. Does the plugin need to be installed on architect's system or on mine ? If his, then Revit 2022 is fine. If I also need it, do you think it will work with Revit 2023 or do you need to make code changes ?

My guess is they sent just the Revit model and not the library of material assets. Revit links the materials in the material library to a folder or folders of images. Once they send that folder you may need to direct Revit to that folder as a file location.

I shared this with my architect and he said that the materials are standard materials supplied with Enscape and not custom, so he doesn't think it woulld be necessary to do what you said.

I'm wondering if the issue is somehow due to the fact he is using Revit 2022 and I am using Revit 2023. I think the version of Enscape we are using is the same (latest version).

My architect has updated the revit model for my house and sent me the .rvt file. When I load it into Revit on my system and use Enscape live view, the materials are not shown correctly - wrong colour, no texture etc. He is using Revit 2022 and I am using Revit 2023. Does that make a difference ? Is there something that needs to be done so that the materials are stored in the .rvt file so I can open the file on my system and see the proper render ?