Posts by eliotbnz

Wait and monitor this thread.... a policy for many companies is, or should be, to wait on deployment of new software version for production until a few minor revisions are release... for some companies, a wait period of one year is required after a major X.0 release... your mileage and situation may vary...

So true. I'm part of the viz team, so we usually get going with it immediately, however I know I will have staff hankering to have a go when they see the marketing vids. Suspect we will hold off to first patch at least.

Keen to get some user's views on stability, whether it is worth updating at the moment. We have hundreds of staff using Enscape, it is stable and working great, so I'm hesitant to go ahead. The preview wasn't great for us.

I took the preview for a spin and found some concerns. First I do want to say it looks very nice. The issue I'm seeing is some instability around editing materials. When I changed material paths, adjusted color, etc the material went "dark" in the model and stopped reacting to GI lighting. The other thing I notice is that the test model I was working on is a dark interior, and when I made material adjustments, the refresh of the Enscape view goes very bright with the first refresh passes. I checked against 2.9, and that one seems to do better job keeping the lighting levels similar when the scene is recalculated. I'm using a GTX 1070 card in Sketchup.

I had the same issue regarding lack of GI on shaders. Running an RTX3090.

Generally found it far too unstable to use at this stage - which makes sense given it is a preview build. Loving the new look however.

We use planting from them, as well as other high poly providers. Unless you want to sit for hours looking at a blanks screen while you wait for it to render, you need to optimize with the likes of Transmutr, which also creates proxies. Still possible to get excellent results, far better than inbuilt Enscape library.

Not bad at all, though as a New Zealander, it doesn't feel quiiiite right.

Perhaps try an autumn style of lighting, long shadows, warm orange sunlight. I would consider some snow on the ridgeline too. The grass is probably too green as well - it's an alpine setting, so some drier tussock style would be good! Also, that lake is more blue rather than the pale greeny-blue like its neighbours.

I like the low level fog - how did you achieve that?

Hi all,

Same issue here - have submitted via feedback button. Have noticed it is only when the sync button is on - thus why batch render seems to work just fine.

Of course there are workarounds (create view in Enscape viewport and create an SKP scene via Enscape toolbar is one) but for our entire company, this is a little tricky to make happen.

Really nicely done! I'm part of a viz team in a large architectural firm, and we have started to pick up a lot of Enscape work in a similar fashion to this. It's interesting to see how two firms a world apart can end up with very similar workflows!

With regard to your issue with SketchUp slowing down; we have adopted a similar workflow to the typical Max + xref pipeline. We split our Revit models off into various worksets, import those into SketchUp to particular layers/tags, then xref these sub-files (per building babsis usually) into a master file. It means we can have multiple artists working on the various sub-files, while the head artist works within the master setting up cameras, getting the lighting right... all the good stuff. It relies on careful layer/tag management in the files, but we are pretty good with that now. The one issue we have had was Enscape's questionable proxy appearance, but we are going to trial using Transmutr to get around this... not a huge deal as we compose everything within Enscape anyway.

Lastly - how are you importing your Revit files? We found the texture scaling issue was only present with FBX, whereas if we brought in DWG, while it didn't have material information, the mesh quality was much better and instancing was present. We used an FBX import to "grab" the materials and save them to our library, then apply them to our DWG import using Thomthom material replacer. Most Revit textures and UVs, as you pointed out, are hopeless anyway!

Great work, has got me inspired for our next job with Enscape.

nope i am running about 6 gb of vram , encape did here very good job , i am using enscape objects for high polys and i got checked render only in skatter BUT when i want something change in skatter /density scale etc / when enscape running, i am done and my scene is unresposive and i need to shut it down , ofc i have refresh scene ON maybe this is my problem ofc i am not using camera clipping because i have so many cameras its irelevant for me to setup skatter /i have mutiple skatters in my scene in count 10 / every time before render . But now when i recall whole situation maybe RTX support must be OFF with my 1080 ti ?

Apologies if English is not your first language, but that is extremely hard to read/make sense of, punctuation would help.

RTX on/off for the older cards shouldn't make much difference from what I have read, in terms of causing issues. It simply will just do nothing if turned on.

What are the other specs of your machine? CPU makes a big difference I find - I have dual Xeons and it is much slower in SKP than using my backup rig with an I7 7700k, presumably due to core speed.

I'm on 2.9. Using high-poly grass, Maxtree trees and plants (extremely high poly counts). Naturally, the scene is slow, even with my 2080Ti, but I don't have all these objects onscreen as I work - use your tags to control this - only turn them on when you need to render, and use the camera functionality in Skatter.

You are also likely running out of VRAM with a 1080Ti if the scene is so heavy it will barely run - especially rendering high res images.

Here in New Zealand, we’re about to enter summer, and are also having a long weekend (and aren’t locked down). It got me thinking of the long hot days of my childhood, in the far north of my country – random country roads with unnamed sheds, vast fields of grass, dotted with gum trees that seemed to have always been there. I am someone who often battles to settle on decisions with my work, bogging down on the details – so these projects that take a few hours are important to working through that.

Couldn’t do it without Enscape. I’ve been using Enscape non-stop for months now – it has almost replaced both max+corona and Unreal. For this scene, I used a large amount of Megascans kit for the decals, shaders, and various 3d models, via Transmutr. I also got the Ferrari from https://wirewheelsclub.com/3d-…96-ferrari-550-maranello/. Skatter for the grasses/stone driveways etc.

Thanks.

I've had the same issue from transmuted models for the past 3 months but realized there is a very simple fix. Before you start adjusting materials, remember what the default scale measurement is in the material window for sketchup (for U.S. its usually 10"x10"). When you start adjusting normal maps or roughness, notices that number jump and the albedo gets screwed up. Go back to the scale measurement and return that number to its original and that should solve the UV mapped issue.

Let me know if that makes sense or works for you.

Can confirm this works - have had the same issue with Maxtree assets. This is actually an old problem I used to have with VRay proxies too.

Hi Elio!

..either the trees are REEEEEALLY big or the cabin is for tiny people ^^

Jokes apart, wonderful work!!!! I hope in the future we can have even more outdoor vegetation assets from enscape library!

They're wonderful!

They're eucalyptus trees - some of the tallest in the world (specific varieties), very common in New Zealand (and Australia of course). They're actually smaller in this image than what they are capable of growing to.

Yes, you are quite right! Many thanks for your help eliotbnz. It is very much appreciated :). On a side note, have you tried using Maxtree assets with Twinmotion or Lumion. Neither seem able to read the opacity maps. I can't wait until Enscape has animated people, vehicles and fire. Cheers, Manuela

Great to hear!

Yes we use Twinmotion a little, but are yet to try the maxtree import process. The quality in Twinmotion is difficult to achieve - Enscape is considerably better, though with Twinmotion being free, we do defer to it occasionally (particularly with Revit-based projects). Like you say, animated assets would be great and probably the number one issue for us right now.