Posts by joao75

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.

Hi Pieter,

Probably your obj is not correct.

I've used the attached settings (make sure you export the textures) and used a generic model revit family ( you can load the obj direct to the revit project but then you can't assign a phase to it which for me is important).

Roughly followed this tutorial:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope it helps.

Hi Phil,

Thanks. That's interesting but I'm happy with custom assets.

Anyway I gave it another shot and the texture and UV mapping came through from 3ds max exported Obj to a revit family and then to the revit project ( think I'll use revit filters to hide and show as needed ). The material is visible in the project and can be tweaked which is also good.

So, thanks for the tips!

Best,

Joao

A satellite image (map) is a top-down view so no distortions (the resolution will just decrease when the slope is steeper but that's ok - some parts of the image will just cover a much wider area).

Thanks for the advise! If there's a tutorial explaining the process: creating the surface elsewhere and import to revit with the right UV mapping I'd be interested to see.
    It's not working for me (3ds max to revit) - it's ok in 3ds max but then once imported to revit doesn't work.

Thank you with kind regards,

Joao

I don't know how to explain that a simple mapping to the topography projecting vertically from top to bottom would do as I've done with another rending software (there's nothing complex about it).

I can see it's not easy for Enscape to provide a mapping tool but now is more useful than ever for revit users given the change for topsurfaces to toposolids (as explained on my first post).

I appreciate your replies / support and might give a go to the workaround you suggest.

Thank you

Thanks, but that's just not practical. I'm an architect - Enscape is a away of assessing the design I'm developing real time (and that includes changing levels in the topography)

With toposurfaces the issue didn't exist but now it does. Other 3D rendering software packages allow for overriding revit UV mapping. Is it so hard to have that feature in Enscape?

If not I need to consider alternatives to Enscape.

Thanks with kind regards,

Joao

Hi all,

Revit 2024 replaced toposurfaces by toposolids.

There are pros and cons / users will have different opinions... but there's a major issue about this change: the way materials are mapped in toposolids vs toposurfaces, that is: instead of a texture applied vertically (top down) now the material is applied perpendicular to each face (triangles that make up the organic terrain shape). This creates and atrocious random kaleidoscope when you try to apply an aerial image for context.

In short I think it's about time that Enscape creates a UV mapping tool for overriding revit UV mapping as this can well be a deal breaker for me and many revit users and can't rely on Autodesk to do anything about it!

Any solution?

Thanks

Toposolids

Toposurface