Posts by Daniel SchuesslerKaeferle

Hello Joeajunior,

thank you for your message. The asset library is available in our floating Enscape toolbar (small tree-like icon on a blue box). Should it not be displayed when you are working in SketchUp please go to View -> Tool Palettes -> Enscape.

Our toolbar might not be visible if the Enscape render window is the active window (clicked last). In this case, just activate the SketchUp window by clicking anywhere in it and our floating toolbar should be visible and usable again.

You can also access the asset library by going to Extension -> Enscape -> Asset Library.

I hope this solved your issue. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to post here or contact us at support@enscape3d.com

Hello RebekahR,

thank you for pointing this out. The last point of the options changes from "Show mouse pointer" to "Show mouse click" when one switches between Screenshot and Screen recording on the machines and OS that I have access to (12.6 and 13.0). The App included on the Mac does not have the functionality to not show the mouse pointer in video captures. For this you could either use other applications like SnagIt or make the window selection smaller than the render video and only use the mouse pointer outside of the selected area to control the movement.

Hi RebekahR

thank you for that question. Other users might be asking themselves the same.

If you open the screenshot application there is an "option" button that will open a fly-out menu. On the machines available to me the last entry is "Show mouse pointer" which can be deactivated there. This should solve the issue.

Should this not help with your question don´t hesitate to post a new message.

Hi suguru

Sorry to hear about your experience. 30 times is a very high number and we would really like to have a look at your Enscape log files for any information that could be leading to a solution of this issue.

To send us your log files so support@enscape3d.com manually you will have to make hidden files visible in the Finder. To do this make sure that you are in the Finder (see if “Finder” is written in the top left, next to the Apple symbol) and hit “Command” + “Shift” + “.” together once.

Then go to Macintosh HD -> users -> [your user folder] -> Library -> Application Support -> Enscape -> Data -> Logs

Please copy the 10 most recent files in this folder and send them to us.

After you have sent the log file to us you can set the visibility of hidden files back to its usual state by pressing “Command” + “Shift” + “.” together once more while in the Finder. Hidden files should now be invisible again.

Thank you in advance.

Hello audreybee,

thank you for the message and description of the issue.

Our plugin has to be installed like a normal application on the Mac. Attempts to install it directly via the extension manager will lead to the message you described (cannot handle .app files)

For the moment I assume that you are using the correct OS version (12.2.1. and up) and SketchUp Pro version (2021 and 2022).

Please follow these steps for the installation:

1) Download our client installer (https://enscape-installer.chao…cape-Mac-1.1.19%2B921.pkg)

2) Close SketchUp

3) double click our installer to execute it and follow the steps of the installation. Normally, no adjustments are necessary.

4) After the installation do not click the Enscape icon in the dock since it will not start Enscape directly. Enscape is a plugin and not a standalone application and therefore will not run on it's own.

5) open SketchUp

6) normally you should be greeted by our "How to get started" screen which you can click away after reading

7) the Enscape toolbar will be floating since it cannot be incorporated into the main tool bar at the moment.

Should you see neither the "How to get started" screen nor our toolbar please open the extension manager in SketchUp and activate Enscape there and restart SketchUp. Should you not be able to enable Enscape there please click the cog wheel in the top right of the extension manager to access the "load policy", set it to "Unregistered" and then apply the settings. Now you should be able to enable Enscape there and use it.

In case Enscape is not present in the extension manager now please send us precise information about your OS version and SketchUp version to support@enscape3d.com including a screenshot of the "About this Mac" window you can access under the Apple Menu in the top left of your screen.

Thank you in advance and do not hesitate to contact us directly through the above mentioned email address.

Agreeing with my colleagues I wanted to inform you about a possible workaround to at least get some video captured from the Enscape client on Mac if your Mac is capable enough for it: Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Screenshot.app

You can fix a recording frame over your Enscape window and manually walk or fly through your model while the Mac records this. If you have to cut the video later you can use the basic editing and export features of QuickTime. This is far away from the more convenient and controllable video editor you may know from the PC but would be one way to receive some video file on the Mac if necessary.

Hi suguru,

thank you for the message and inquiry.

We limit testing Enscape on BETA OS installations because the manufacturer´s code is not yet fixed and can change at any time. Every fix or workaround on our side would cost us a lot of time to figure out while the code basis for the problem in the BETA OS could be changed by then.

We are currently facing this problem with Encape crashing regularly in the BETA of the upcoming Ventura OS for Mac and it is extremely hard to find a fix for the problem since Apple puts up some strict walls that make it hard to access helpful information on the reliability and performance of third party apps. For this reason we discourage our users to put production workflow installations on machines that run either BETA OS or non-stable clients of Enscape itself. Reliability is limited in these situations. We hope for you understanding. And good to hear that Enscape runs well for you on stable 12.6! Thank you for this feedback.

I've a win license. On my NEW Macbook M1 pro (16/16), I can work only in demo mode.

Could I use the same license of window machine? and where I could download the workable app? Or it's the same and I've just to add a license number?

Thank you.

Hi Toscano,

great to hear that you like Enscape on your Mac.

Our full licenses are platform agnostic, meaning that they work on both Windows and Mac. If you have two seats in your full license you can even use it at the same time on both machines. With one seat in the license we highly recommend a floating license if you want to switch from machine to machine regularly.

Once you have put in your valid license on your MBP Enscape should work as intended. Nevertheless, it would always be a good idea to check if there are any updates available.

I hope this information was useful to you.

Hello Sandy,

unfortunately we cannot give a definitive time frame for the update on certain features since it is an ongoing process that involves many parties in addition to the developers. As soon as there is some information on feature and/or language updates we will gladly inform our user base via the mailing list since we want to get this into your hands as soon as possible.

Concerning you question on the pricing: It’s important to understand that we sell a universal license. We have never required users to purchase separate licenses for each CAD program we support, and we are doing the same for the two operating systems we now support. We want to offer users one easy-to-manage, flexible license at one low price and not discriminate between different hardware, software or operating systems as we would find this unfair to the respective user base.

Can you please test the settings for "Artificial light brightness" under "Illumination" in the "Atmosphere" section of the Visual settings? There, you might be able to adjust the lights to show up.

At the moment we only offer the spotlights and rectangular lights for the Mac client. The other light options will definitely by pushed to you by future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience at this time.

At the moment such adjustments are not possible. Since the Mac and the PC work totally differently, even on the very base of the file system you would always need an intermediary or reader application for it which we want to explicitly avoid with the standalone version. A standalone always has quite the amount of programming code of Enscape in it so we would be talking about the same executable programming language running on both platforms which is hardly possible at this time. We know about this request and find it very important and interesting but have no way of implementing it at the moment. But who knows, maybe the ongoing fresh development of the Mac version may open up some unexpected possibilities.

But thank you very much for your input on this issue!

Demian Gutberlet Does this mean that stand-alone exports from windows can now be viewed on Macs?

Stand-alone exports from a windows machine are still in the .exe format which cannot be used by a Mac (except for Windows virtualization situations or VMWARE). For now you can use the Web Standalone to reach Macs with your exported projects but we have recognized the feature request already in the past, thank you.

I'm seeing reports of errors when running OSX 12.4 or later. 12.3.1 seems fine. Please move to new thread if preferred.

Hey Phil,

thanks for the screenshots. Were are looking into the "unsigned" issue.
    Concerning the screenshot "Unable to handle app files" is actually expected behavior. In this case the customer tried to install Enscape via the extension manager which is not possible. Installation of Enscape works like with a normal application by opening the installer and proceeding as one would normally do. This should preferably happen while SU is closed. Performing a restart after installation of Enscape would be a good idea but is not necessary. It should then show up in the extension manager.

Please test and get back to us if the problem is not solved this way.

Hi All, just wondering if the enscape for Mac beta will be available for SketchUp only, or will there be one for Archicad as well? (Apologies if I am missing something...) Thanks.

Hi tkrepler,

We do plan on supporting other versions of SketchUp, and Archicad, Vectorworks and Rhino in the future as well, though we can't at this time provide a specific date. If you have subscribed to our Enscape for Mac newsletter, you will be informed once the version is available for other CAD programs.