Posts by Daniel SchuesslerKaeferle

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.

I've a win license. On my NEW Macbook M1 pro (16/16), I can work only in demo mode.

Could I use the same license of window machine? and where I could download the workable app? Or it's the same and I've just to add a license number?

Thank you.

Hi Toscano,

great to hear that you like Enscape on your Mac.

Our full licenses are platform agnostic, meaning that they work on both Windows and Mac. If you have two seats in your full license you can even use it at the same time on both machines. With one seat in the license we highly recommend a floating license if you want to switch from machine to machine regularly.

Once you have put in your valid license on your MBP Enscape should work as intended. Nevertheless, it would always be a good idea to check if there are any updates available.

I hope this information was useful to you.

Hello Sandy,

unfortunately we cannot give a definitive time frame for the update on certain features since it is an ongoing process that involves many parties in addition to the developers. As soon as there is some information on feature and/or language updates we will gladly inform our user base via the mailing list since we want to get this into your hands as soon as possible.

Concerning you question on the pricing: It’s important to understand that we sell a universal license. We have never required users to purchase separate licenses for each CAD program we support, and we are doing the same for the two operating systems we now support. We want to offer users one easy-to-manage, flexible license at one low price and not discriminate between different hardware, software or operating systems as we would find this unfair to the respective user base.

Can you please test the settings for "Artificial light brightness" under "Illumination" in the "Atmosphere" section of the Visual settings? There, you might be able to adjust the lights to show up.

At the moment we only offer the spotlights and rectangular lights for the Mac client. The other light options will definitely by pushed to you by future updates. Sorry for the inconvenience at this time.

At the moment such adjustments are not possible. Since the Mac and the PC work totally differently, even on the very base of the file system you would always need an intermediary or reader application for it which we want to explicitly avoid with the standalone version. A standalone always has quite the amount of programming code of Enscape in it so we would be talking about the same executable programming language running on both platforms which is hardly possible at this time. We know about this request and find it very important and interesting but have no way of implementing it at the moment. But who knows, maybe the ongoing fresh development of the Mac version may open up some unexpected possibilities.

But thank you very much for your input on this issue!

Demian Gutberlet Does this mean that stand-alone exports from windows can now be viewed on Macs?

Stand-alone exports from a windows machine are still in the .exe format which cannot be used by a Mac (except for Windows virtualization situations or VMWARE). For now you can use the Web Standalone to reach Macs with your exported projects but we have recognized the feature request already in the past, thank you.

I'm seeing reports of errors when running OSX 12.4 or later. 12.3.1 seems fine. Please move to new thread if preferred.

Hey Phil,

thanks for the screenshots. Were are looking into the "unsigned" issue.
    Concerning the screenshot "Unable to handle app files" is actually expected behavior. In this case the customer tried to install Enscape via the extension manager which is not possible. Installation of Enscape works like with a normal application by opening the installer and proceeding as one would normally do. This should preferably happen while SU is closed. Performing a restart after installation of Enscape would be a good idea but is not necessary. It should then show up in the extension manager.

Please test and get back to us if the problem is not solved this way.

Hi All, just wondering if the enscape for Mac beta will be available for SketchUp only, or will there be one for Archicad as well? (Apologies if I am missing something...) Thanks.

Hi tkrepler,

We do plan on supporting other versions of SketchUp, and Archicad, Vectorworks and Rhino in the future as well, though we can't at this time provide a specific date. If you have subscribed to our Enscape for Mac newsletter, you will be informed once the version is available for other CAD programs.