Posts by ArchuCAD

question: I installed Enscape 2.4 and it seems the asset library is different that the preview version. When I try to look at model I created with those previous assets they do not appear in the Enscape window. Do I need to add different assets to the model or will the previous asset be added to the latest release?

When I load the MP4 file created in Enscape and try opening in Windows Media Player i get an error message. " Can't play. Choose something else to play. This item is in a format we don't support. 0xc00d36b4

I converted file to AVI format to view. I created video of same file and it worked before without conversion. I tried simple animation of cube and received same error.

I have a question, being able to view our models in virtual reality with the oculus rift is a great design tool and would be enhanced if we could load a model using augmented reality (loaded from floor plan) and then enter virtual reality when wanting to explore at true scale. Is this possible?

similar to how we would use the oculus rift but using mixed reality instead of virtual reality. Currently we cannot augment our models with Enscape (this would be a good feature) but the ability to be withing an actual environment and see model within and the power of Enscape...I guess just dreaming out loud.

I have just installed the latest preview version and noticed something unusual with the screen resolution depending on the mode I am in. When in Flymode the screen resolution is crisp but when in walk through mode the resout ion is not clear. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is there a setting adjustment that needs to be done.

Would it be possible to take a enscape file and export into Google earth? Currently you can export a sketchup model into google earth but it is limited as it does not show reflections (Ie. Glass or mirror material).

I don't think it is possible but would be nice.

I would like to try this. I came across a plugin for sketchup called rptools it works with render plus ( I believe that is what it is called) the plugin takes hi poly models and creates a low poly proxy. It creates two layers high and low poly. I turn on high poly when I render with enscape and leave low poly on while working on model. The rendering program that created the plugin does this automatically when render is selected. This option works but what has been done with light proxies would be better in my opinion.

Are proxy components on agenda for Enscape? Laubwerk have proxy trees that alow model to run faster. Skatter render only great feature but proxy graphics would be an added benefit.