Posts by jlo

You can't just name the file that by scene and/or file name only because not everyone renders by scene and it doesn't factor duplicated or multiple renders of the same scene. To be clear it's not hard to code for it (by having incrementing numbers and/or auto-checking if that file name exists prior to rendering) but the easiest way (for the programmers) is to have the timestamp somewhere in the name since it's always going to be unique. It doesn't and shouldn't start with enscape though. They already give you the option when exporting to exe to name and brand toward the client (or renderer). The file name should maybe go along with that variable already offered.

If anyone is interested, I can whip up a microsoft powershell script along the lines of the authotkey script mentioned above or I can make something similar but different. Also, windows natively will allow auto renaming multiple files and will simply increment them up by number... just select all and rename - then fill in the name you want and it will add a number at the end. It's simply that this is a wasted step (and therefore time when typically in a rush) because enscape hasnt fixed this part yet.

I agree. I HATE that it auto inserts Enscape into the name. Renders are typically for clients. They don't care the render software used and it's the wrong place for enscape to be advertising itself. If it's going to auto-name then it should use the name of the project itself. I'm ok with the date format though.

I'm going to add info that I used to help me and hopefully it may help others. I just re-added my very old space mouse that I haven't used in years. I installed the current spacemouse software for win10. Initially the drivers only worked on the demo apps and nothing else. I was able to get the spacemouse -sketchup 2020- specific driver (from the forums of spacemouse) and that worked even though I'm using skp 2019. It also works on my enscape but it's not locking to the horizon or as useful - so I unchecked the box at - enscape window - rendererWindowSettings - input - enable spaceMouse checkbox - and it reverts to the sketchup handling regardless of whether sketchup or enscape is the primary window. You can then further adjust how it moves in the 3dconnexion settings under the advanced settings menu - and you need to have sketchup as the main window - or it will show the properties of whatever is currently the primary active window. I use camera mode, lock horizon and separately the dominant checkbox UNchecked.

I believe I attached the sketchup driver that Im referring but not completely sure. It was recently in my downloads folder ;)

I just assumed you would have fixed it at this point. Feedback just sent from 3.0 version. I assume it collects logs from all versions of enscape? It doesn't show me the logs as far as I can see to validate. I have a 16gb vram AMD card so I don't think it's vram related or nvidia related (although I do have a 2nd nvidia card in the same machine - it's not the primary card or the one skp uses). I tried enscape v63301 yesterday and just now that did not resolve the issue.

It's pretty embarrassing to have a production software wreck so many peoples machines to the point that they can't even open the software at all. That's a major QoS failure and it's not been resolved or addressed in 2 week since it's been released. I had a client presentation today as well and thankfully I prepped for it early. I also upped a 1 year contract today so it has me extra concerned.

From my experience, it would actually bring people to the forum to see works and see them evolve and see the community input into helping. I actually recognize at least one other forum member on here that I frequently have seen and communicated on our prior render software/forum and it was those work in progress renders were one of the bigger draws of that forum.

We should have a forum section dedicated to users providing feedback onto others work. This would allow users direct help from other users to improve their images and allow other users to contribute to helping others. The already existing showcase section is about showcasing not getting (negative/improving) feedback so this would be different.

Lights should already be in these objects so user would only have to change color or strength. Fireplaces should have lit fires or even animated fires. TVs and computers should have illuminated screens etc. It's especially a pain noting that enscape assets are only low poly so hard to set the lights with accuracy.

To add to this, i had the same problem on win10. My reason is that the file was saved to an alternate drive and i had to copy the file to the C drive and run it from the C (main drive) and then it would install. im fairly sure this is a windows security condition.

This is a huge limitation if the creator cannot expect a consistent experience between the normal and web application. Is the expectation that the creator will have to check the web app for flaws or or to find whats different between the two before delivering it?