Posts by djhg

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Turns out the two apps' sensitivities to reflectivity settings are widely different. Rhino's Cycles render shows the rhino reflectivity ok (not shown above - that's a Rendered view mode.):

Firstly, to get the colour of the material to display in Enscape I had to close and open the project. But the reflectivity didn't show until in Enscape I globally turned the Artifical illumination way down and the material's glossiness to the max in Rhino. I would guess that the high saturation of the Rhino material colour is read as such brightness that it isn't able to show natural-looking reflections.

The below image shows that the Gold material applied by Rhino to the fawcett and towelbars isn't being reproduced in Enscape on the towelbars, though live updates has been activated and deactivated several times. (Also, no matter how glossy and reflective I make the material, Enscape renders it as matte.) Is this a common problem? Is it recommended to abandon Rhino materials with Enscape? Is there a circumstance I can undo which is causing this? BTW, the fawcett's an open mesh with its material applied in a former work session, and the towel bars are polysurfaces with material applied in this worksession.

I can't preview most textures. I work at 2560 x 1440, and the scale of the icons makes it impossible to preview most of the textures (and other maps in the predefined enscape material library, unless there's a way to zoom that window (ctrl+scroll doesn't seem to work). When I zoom into the frame grab below, five of the eight swatches have no discernable texture. Even the hover-over pop-outs in the material editor are too fine to see detail in most cases.

Completely new to Enscape. First experiments with an existing project has the scale of materials being very different - the materials are much larger in Enscape than they're set in Rhino. Is there a common factor by which this variation occurs? (ie. can I divide all size numbers by a certain number to convert between one and the other?) On the other hand, is there a way to ensure that they display the same in both applications?