Posts by Helen Reinold

Hi JACK.Z ; I'm sorry to hear you were having issues running Enscape! Did you submit the error report by clicking "Close Enscape and send feedback"? This way we get your logfiles and can take a closer look at what the issue might be. If you didn't send in the error report, that's totally fine; you can still send us your logfiles via the Feedback button in your Enscape ribbon/menu.

If you let me know your email address via PM, I'll find the error report and suggest some troubleshooting measures. Thanks in advance!

Hi mnewbegin ; I'm sorry to hear you are having issues running Enscape! Generally if you are encountering an export issue, it shouldn't have anything to do with your license specifically. The reason your license information shows that you are not consuming a seat is that a seat is only consumed when the Enscape window is actually open. If your Enscape crashed such that the window closed, you are no longer consuming a seat of your floating license.

Did you send in the error report when Enscape crashed? If so, we can take a look at your logfiles to see what the issue might be. If you sent it in, would you please be so kind as to send me the email address your license is registered to via private message? Then I'll take a look and see what's causing your crash.

Thanks in advance!

TiBrand : Welcome to our forum! All of our supported devices are equally compatible with Enscape, so the difference between them mainly depends on your personal preferences and what you might be using VR for. We usually recommend our users try each of the goggles to see which fits their needs better, if you perhaps have the chance to do this.

Here are some points to consider:

The HTC Vive is a bit complicated to set up, while the Windows Mixed Reality Headset and Oculus Rift are easier to setup and, therefore, to take with you on the road. We generally take the Oculus Rift with us on the road, and recently had some great experiences with some WMR devices at a trade show.

The WMR headsets have a higher resolution, which sounds good, but also means that a more powerful graphics card is necessary to run equally complex scenes, when compared to the HTC Vive / Oculus Rift.

At this time we do not specifically support any wireless VR headsets. While we hope to be able to support wireless headsets, like the Oculus Quest, one issue that might arise is whether the internal computing power of wireless headsets will be enough to run Enscape fluidly at its highest settings; if not, this may result in a poor VR experience. Generally we tend to advise a VR headset is connected to a PC, although the HMD's are getting better in this regard.

Welcome to our forum cboutros ! While group VR sessions are currently not possible, this is an existing feature request on our agenda, and I have upvoted this on your behalf. Thanks for the question!

Hi aaronnordstrom , thanks for the question! Perhaps other Revit users can also chime in with some personal favorites, but in the meantime, let me point you to this post on our blog, which covers several free resources for high quality textures. Another great site that isn't included on the list, but which I would definitely recommend is Texture Haven. If you'd like to go a bit deeper and create materials yourself, you might also take a look at something like Substance Designer.

I hope this gives you a jumping off point for your material library! :)

Hi gsucci , it looks like the link to your third picture doesn't work. Would you please be so kind as to post the screenshot again?

In the meantime, I have tested this using the PNG files you provided. Are you adding the image file as a transparency image in the Revit Material Browser? I created a default material and added the second of the PNGs you supplied.

This is the result I got; is that the effect you are trying to achieve? You can play around with the settings to make it more or less transparent.

jmagdadaro Welcome to our Forum and thanks for your question! Currently there is no functionality in Enscape to create VR tours for the Oculus Go. We have had quite a bit of feedback that many Oculus Go users use Yulio, https://www.yulio.com, to create a "walkthrough" using Enscape rendered panoramas; please be aware that we have not tested this ourselves and cannot provide support for it. Yulio provides a user guide for the usage with the Oculus Go.

Additionally, you might take a look at TPCast Air, which will soon be available for purchase alongside a modified Oculus Go (the firmware currently needs some modification to work with Air), through which you can actually use Enscape VR itself. You'll only have one controller (instead of the usual two), but you can still navigate around nonetheless using our teleport functionality! TPCast also plans to release their app in the Oculus store, which once approved by Oculus would not require a Oculus Go firmware modification in the first place, so you could just use any existing Go device with Enscape.

winterriver1971 Sorry to hear about this issue! Do you also experience this issue when you set the "Rendering Quality" in the standalone Settings tab to a lower setting, like "Draft"? Is it possible that the standalone you are having issue with is rather large or heavily detailed?

Also, please make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. You can download a new driver from the Nvidia homepage.

Please be aware, that Windows often display your graphics card drivers being up to date, even when it's not the case. Therefore we advise that you do not upgrade your drivers via Windows Device Manager.

Hi all: thanks so much for the further feedback! I have gathered all of the new requests and passed them on accordingly.

That being said, I think klingons wouldn't technically fall under the category of animals ;)