Posts by seychellian

Meanwhile I would manage this issue creating a project parameter (maybe shared parameter) for planting and the categories Enscape use for their assets. I usually do this for creating filters for hide / show / modify view.

There are many ways to achieve this within Revit, even with little effort.

Two easy solutions from the top of my head:

- Use the design option with the assets in different option sets

- Use a system parameter (like comments or type comments) in combination with viewfilters

These do not allow you to make a change globally though.

Lets say for example i have Enscape trees and people families in the project and i want the trees to always appear as green in all views and the people appear as grey in all views. There is no way that I can see of making that change globally, The only option would be to assign a project parameter (trees, people) and then filtering each view using templates.

Is there not a way of setting a sub-category in the planting family which would allow us this flexibility. I see a parameter "label" but am unable to assign a value to it. Can anyone advise?

Answering my own question here but I remembered that you can use the arrow up/down/left\right keys to get "elevation" views of the object. This will automatically zoom to fit which is a work around. Although i would still be interested if there is a zoom to fit shortcut that keeps the same angle.

Also while we are on it.... is there a way to view in plan? I feel like when I try to navigate to a "flat" plan view the panning bottoms out and I am unable to get to a vertical "birds eye" perspective.

Merci a tous.

Hi, just a quick one. I sometimes lose the model through zooming or panning or often the opening screen brings to me to distant view of the object where I have to pan or zoom for a long time to "reach" it in the frame.

Is there a quick way (keyboard shortcut) to zoom extents to take me straight to the content?

Thanks