Posts by FelixB

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.

Hi,

We see this message about the new preview update for Enscape and once we open the link, on top of stating that the version is unstable, we see that there is no support for 2024. Is this a sign that Enscape is slowly going away from Vectorworks?

We are a landscape architecture office and switched from CAD>Rhino>Enscape to Vectorworks Landmark>Enscape this year. And the workflow is clearly not as smooth as Rhino> Enscape, we haven't actually been able to use it yet to produce material, and we always end up going back to Rhino so far. We were hoping for some new update to solve our problems, but now we see this:

We are at this point where we are thinking of keeping or not the licenses on Enscape for 2024, we love enscape, but does it have a future with Vectowrworks?

Hi,

We are a landscape architecture office, this year we changed our workflow from CAD/Rhino/enscape to Vectorworks/enscape. We can see many advantages already in this transition, however, we see also some big issues. Enscape used to be always open on Rhino and helped us design. Now just opening the escape window takes more than 15min, and it "charges the geometries and material everytime". If I decide to hide something on the file, it never comes back in the enscape I have to close and open it again which is nonsense in our workflow, I can't waste hours waiting for the geomtries and materials to charge again and again. The area is pretty large, the VWX model is pretty large 380MB, it has 800+ BIM trees with 3d escape assets embedded in the 3d geometries of each symbol. We don't even have any plant or furniture assets yet. I have to have these visuals ready by the end of the week, the design ain't gonna change much now, it's just about producing the pictures.

My machine is powerful, the graphic card drivers are updated, and we use the latest version of Vectorworks (2024+update 1) with the latest version of Enscape (3.5.4).

Do you have a similar experience? Do you have any tips? What can be improved in the workflow? Is there a way to lighten up the VWX file before clicking the escape button to have our "window to the real" in real-time?

Thanks.

This 'creating geometry and material' window when we open enscape is literally running for at least 15 minutes before it opens the file.

forum.enscape3d.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/46288/

Hi,
    I am a Finnish-based landscape architect, and I have to say that this "Import site context" is key to us, it's always a hassle to get data from city and if it would work, that would be gold. I was very excited and tried it out straight away on my current project based in Oulu, where they have available open data on terrain and buildings, but I encounter this error.

Do we know if it's only a US feature or something like that ?

BR,