Posts by eeblack

I've switched companies recently and am rendering with Enscape in both Revit and SketchUp now. :thumbsup:

In SketchUp, I am able to animate a section slice, which is effective in showing a demolition phase by making the items to be removed disappear, and new items appear. This is done by creating scenes in SketchUp and changing the active slice between scenes. SketchUp then interpolates the movement of the slice as needed.

When I activate Enscape, the section slices are not visible, nor does anything happen if I change scenes from the viewer.

Has anyone had success in doing this?

I thought I would be able to use tags in SketchUp similar to using Hide in View in Revit, but those are persistent between scenes, so if you turn off the visibility of a tag it turns off in all scenes. Even creating a keyframe, then selecting the item in SketchUp and hiding affects all other keyframes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Enscape launched without issues. When I went to close the Enscape Rendering window, I'm left with the progress bar that is persistent on my screen, regardless of program being used. See capture below.

Also, the rendering window does not seem to be tab-selectable. I have to select it from the task bar. Even clicking in the rendering window doesn't change focus to it.

I'm not finding other threads that describe this problem. It happened under 2.4, 2.5 and now under 2.6. I have a waiting room with some storefront along the exterior wall. I'm using decals to apply graphics to the glazing. If there is modeled Revit content such as a sidewalk, parking lot or adjacent wall, the decal shows up as expected. If there is no modeled content, the decals (or portions of them) do not show up and the glass renders clear. I kind of like having the skybox in the background for some visual interest where the glass is supposed to be clear. See the attached image for a better understanding of the issue. What it's doing is cropping the decal at the edge of the parking lot. If I build a wall around the parking lot, it has to be really tall, and I get shadows and changes in tone because of the shading. Why doesn't the decal take more precedence over the skybox? The storefront at the other end of the waiting room has clear glass, so I want to be able to see the skybox and not the white background.

Happy to hear they are working on something. It's getting worse as more and more content is added. Let us download a cache file that is stored locally and gets refreshed when it checks on launch for updates. I don't mind waiting for an individual item that I actually want to download. It's just painful trying to find them. These are just thumbnail images with a link to the web content.

Very nicely modeled. A couple of quick observations that I hope you find helpful:

1. I can see light bleeding in under the back door. Since it's an exterior door, it would have a threshold.
    2. I don't see any light switches on the walls

+1 on this request

In Revit, I have the ability to send a request to a user so they can synchronize and relinquish borrowed elements. If Enscape is smart enough to recognize the network license is in use, perhaps there could be a request access button that notifies the current user that another user is trying to access. On the programming difficulty scale, I don't think this should be too hard to implement.

I can confirm the panoramas work as expected using Chrome or Firefox browsers on iOS 13.1.2. If you are scanning a QR code to go to the link, do not use the iPhone's camera for this. Go to the keyboard (touch the search bar to bring it up) and use the scanner in either of the browsers instead.

I had a chat with Apple support about taking away access to the accelerometer in Safari, and they said it's behaving the way they intended.

It's my understanding that the hosting sites need to modify their code to prompt for access before the users can allow it. Instead of a global "on" setting, I think it will build a specific list of pages that are approved to use this feature.

With iOS 13, I am generally very thankful that Apple is taking such steps to protect our privacy. Why on Earth would Solitaire need to track my location in the background at all times? It's a minor inconvenience for now. It sounds like Enscape is modifying their viewer to fix it.

The settings for allowing Safari access to the iPhone's accelerometer has been removed from iOS 13. I cannot find it and now the panoramas don't spin as I move my phone. I can still drag my finger across the screen. This also disables Google Cardboard viewing as there is no way to navigate without it. Is anyone aware of if or where that setting has gone?

+1

It shouldn't be difficult (especially in Revit) to add View Option settings to govern whether Enscape content shows up in plan or elevation views. Enscape is placing everything as Planting families, which is convenient to hide entourage items, but keeping the real vegetation items takes additional time.

We are having an issue because IT has to install programs in admin mode. Using the older versions with an *.EXE installer, they were presented with the option of installing for all users or just the logged in (admin) user. With the new *.MSI installer, they aren't presented with that choice. I found the page with the extra command prompts to use to modify the install options, but we are still having problems getting 2.6 to install.

Here is that link: https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…nstaller-program-options/

1) Fewer people on their phones

2) +1 for FBX import

3) More grasses, shrubs, flowers and bushes

4) Auto-rotate assets (especially vegetation) so they don't look like cookie-cutter copies.

5) Office accessories (notepads, briefcases, purses, cell phones)