Posts by eeblack

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

I don't know what your budget is, but for just under $4000, you can get an excellent (and blazing fast) machine from MSI. Intel i9 14900K; 2 TB SSD; RTX 4090 with cooling; 360mm CPU cooling; 64GB DDR5 RAM (2x32GB). Very well built and easily $2000 - $3000 cheaper than dedicated BIM machines with similar specs. A desktop machine will be 30%+ faster than a laptop because you don't have thermal issues or battery power concerns. Our vendor was not able to find anything close from other manufacturers at that price and configuration. Running the RTO Revit Benchmark 2024 test, it easily completed the tasks in 1/3 the time of my massive HP ZBook laptop.

I would love the capability to present a seemingly hand rendered 3D drawing. This style creates an emotional connection with the client. There is no Revit setting or add on that I know of to accomplish this. We will never present concepts in photo realism. A quick and lose style sells the project in the early stages of design. The power of Enscape is that is integral to Revit with no separate software necessary for a presentation. I would love to see this in development soon.

This rendering is a close as we can get. It is rendered in Revit. It could be so much better rendered in Enscape with a hand rendered filter.

check out fotosketcher. It's a free image processor that can produce many different sketchy styles and effects. https://fotosketcher.com/

...but I would like to see some more built-in options from Enscape!

Highly doubtful. It's 100% a niche, early adopter device at $3,500 and running its own hardware and OS (visionOS). Runs on the M2 chip, which is no slouch but still limited by mobile battery & thermals, so outright rendering performance won't be like a traditional workstation. It'll likely boil down to being some sort of basic wireless link app- screen mirroring. In which case, you'd be wildly overpaying for something a Quest 2 could do for $250 (or Quest 3 for $500) which Enscape doesn't officially support either and is definitely the larger market. It's definitely going to be an early adopter tech demo until they can prove concept and release the "SE" consumer version or whatever they'll call it.

LOL - thinking that it's screen mirroring and basically the same as a Quest 2 or Quest 3, but just more expensive. The M3 chips (released now when they weren't when AVP was announced) offers real-time raytracing - even the A17 iPhone chip based on the M3.

People in the know (not Tim) have said just the stuff that was shown in the Summer staged demos was way beyond anything from any other AR/VR headsets' capabilities. The eye/hand controls are the way it should work, not with some dorky hoop controllers in each hand.

HoloLens has been out for years, is the same cost as AVP, and hasn't made much of an impact because they still haven't solved the accuracy issue (drift) between the BIM/Virtual models and the real site.

We don't have too much longer to find out.

Anyone having success getting the Google 3D tiles and Cesium plugin-enabled photorealistic live rendering of the entire globe in Revit for rendering with Enscape? I'm interested in accurate site context that InfraWorks or Enscape's city tools don't provide.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still no ability to bring Navisworks files into Revit to render them in Enscape. According to Autodesk, they are considered coordination models and are treated differently.

In regards to bringing InfraWorks models into Revit, export them as *.fbx files, then import them into FormIt Pro. Lastly in Revit, Import CAD and change the file format from DWG to AXM and you'll see the FormIt file. It will render in Enscape, but I find the aerial imagery comes in a bit glossy.

I'm still dreaming of site context consisting of Google's 3D tiles and Cesium's plugin for hyper-accurate Google-Earth-style models.

Yep - it's a very real and big problem. We need the easy ability to specify multiple shared material library paths. We have multiple clients whose standards are different. PT-1 is a paint color for 1 client that is different from PT-1 for every other client.

Pretty please make it possible for Enscape to easily access the new photorealistic 3D tiles provided by Google and Cesium. This is supported by both Unity and Unreal and the results are much better than anything else out there. First to market with something so disruptive would be significant. Enscape is already the easiest rendering plugin. With TwinMotion being part of the AEC subscription, some are prioritizing free over easy. #nomorewhiteandbrowncontextfromopenstreetmap

3D Model of London, U.K. interactively rendered

SketchUp Studio 2023 now has a direct Revit import tool that makes it really quick and easy to bring Revit models into SketchUp. As a test, I used a project that had a lot of Enscape assets placed in Revit. These come across into SketchUp as the familiar grey blobs. Because I had just downloaded the installer and had not added the Enscape plugin, I did not have a chance to try and see if they rendered using Enscape within SketchUp. Can anyone answer if they would? If they don't, can I make a feature request?

Is there a plugin for finding the worst offenders for overly large or complex families in a Revit model? I think we have a few!

Revit's BIM Interoperability Tools > Model Checker has presets for reporting the file size of loaded families. I just upgraded to a RTX 4070 Ti and it is a big improvement in speed.

The inclusion of TwinMotion for Revit with the AEC Collection adds a significant twist to the plot. The Unreal Engine handles bigger files and provides better quality than what Enscape is (currently) capable of achieving. It also has many features that Enscape doesn't have such as terrain editing, weathering, better vegetation distribution, animated and posable assets, among others.

While Enscape is my primary choice because of extreme ease of use, it is lacking in some of these desired features. I've played briefly with the V-ray beta and there is a pretty hefty learning curve. I'm also guessing there are additional licenses and costs involved that haven't really been mentioned.

I'm not convinced that proxies are the only cause...

Have some large sites brought into Revit via InfraWorks > FormIt Pro > Revit. In Infraworks, I replaced some of the generic buildings with specific ones that were available in SketchP Warehouse. With 3.4, I'm getting many more situations where Enscape will crash while loading.

I've found that using the Temporary Hide in View of the site model works to launch Enscape and get the live rendering view. Then I can reset the temporary hide and the site comes in as desired. Renders and navigation seem pretty normal.

I don't have any items that are created as proxies between Revit families and the Enscape assets.

It's happening across several different models.

+1000000 for a Revit version of this. We will often do pre-design with a building shell to develop the look and feel of a project, without modeling or finalizing the interiors. This would give us a very fast way to make it look a lot more finished and not cookie cutter repeats of the same thing.

This morning on LinkedIn, I saw an article with a short video about V-Ray 6.0 being used with SketchUp and Enscape. The rendering quality was exquisite. They mentioned a coming Beta for Revit at a later date. The link to the video is the second one.

I still would like more clarity on how Enscape benefits from the Chaos merge and when new features will be rolled out.

Vray SketchUp Rhino Enscape

V-Ray 6.0 Video

Our office has several floating licenses for Enscape, obviously for Windows and used mostly with Revit (windows only) and SketchUp. The SketchUp license is cross-platform, so I am able to use that at home on my M1 iMac.

If the Enscape license is not cross-platform, then there is no reason for me to ask my company to pay for an extra Mac license. I would simply use Remote Desktop Connection through a VPN and remote control my office workstation instead.

Given the Chaos/Enscape merger, I would expect Phil's suggestion that it be cross-platform to be more aligned with their stated goal of being the premiere rendering solution for any platform.

Some clarification on this policy would be most welcome. Damian's response (so far) only mentions that a new Mac license is available, which is fine as long as you're only looking for that platform.

Thanks in advance,