Posts by iCON N

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Hey Fred,

Have you tried illuminating the sign by making it self illuminating? That feature of Enscape's material editor usually works for me on signs.

I think the light coming from there looks good. You should just keep it...

But I have had this issue before. I always noticed it when rendering an interior and I hadn't placed a floor or roof. So making sure the surrounding area of the space is enclosed to the point where no light exposure from ground or sky is hitting the back of the walls. Also, I have noticed when the interior lighting is not as powerful sometimes the exposure of the "light cracks" is exaggerated. I also sometimes play with the auto-exposure toggle and see how that effects the rendering.

I would also like to note, that if you are experiencing this with the live preview it may be completely different when you actually save a rendering.

I'm not sure I understand the issue or the possible need you are trying to meet. Maybe you are looking for something more specific and complex. Maybe you are having visibility issues after trying the below solution. Maybe you are pasting to a different workset or maybe its something completely different.

But I have to just say it,

If you are just trying to copy an Enscape asset from one Revit project to another, I just attempted it in Revit 2024.

And all I tried was Ctrl-C>Ctrl-V.

It worked exactly as I thought it would.

Possible problem: Phase filter material override set to default as a phase material.

Explanation: The material in Revit is set to override all the other materials with the phase- existing and phase- new materials.

Optional Test: As an exercise to confirm this issue. If you look at the material editor in Revit materials starting with "phase" will be there. Their class is either system or unassigned my document has both. For example: While in the "show complete phase filter" the material phase-existing is overriding the materials on everything that's existing. So you should be able to adjust that one material and you could easily show the difference between phases if you wanted. They are default materials. This action will confirm the override without changing much.

Possible solution: This override can be changed or ignored in the phase filter options.

To do so follow this path:

Go to your Manage>Phases> Tab>phase filters

Find: "Filter name: Show complete"

Confirm these settings and change the drop downs in order to match what's listed below.

New: By Category

Existing: By Category

Concept Review: Remove the override and you should find the materials in Enscape are rendered as intended.

For me this happens when two faces are too close to each other and overlap. It also happens when the material is made of a texture that doesn't render as intended in the lighting provided. The maps/textures are interfering in realtime but when you set the render options to different resolutions you may see different results.

I have never attempted to change modeling software like this from Archicad to Revit in the middle of a project. But I assume you are going to need to recreate some of the environment and piece together the rest of it.

I think I would need some screen shots to be able to determine if there's a workaround. Without knowing more I would think the only way to recreate the project in Revit using assets and materials from Enscape is to

• Save any custom assets created in the asset library.
    • Save any custom materials as matpkg for use in the Enscape material editor across platforms.
    • Export all Archicad geometry as a standalone IFC.
    • Assess whether the IFC in Revit is reading unique textures that just need to be adjusted in the Enscape material editor. REMINDER: Revit will create materials in place of materials when necessary some of which may not read correctly in Enscape.
    • If you are able to see that the IFC is properly textured, meaning the textures are correctly named and assigned to the correct geometry, you can then make sure they are simply set to be the correct material types to be read in Enscape. After that you may need to reassign the matpkg in Enscape.

Side note, I have been using a workflow in Revit 2024 for creating assets from Sketchup and Solidworks. Sometimes I will need to use Autodesk Form it to adjust materials and geometry in Form it and then import Form it files into RFA to read properly.

Regardless of the geometry and material origin I have always found that across platforms I have to adjust materials in the final modeling program using the Enscape material browser. Sometimes my imported geometry has materials that are good representations but not as intended in Enscape.

I have found the only way to ensure model and material translating directly from one place such as Sketchup to Revit is to create a custom asset in Sketchup's Enscape asset creator exporting the matpkg just in case.

Then, loading from the Revit Enscape custom asset creator.

I have to replace assets, but this allows me to reuse the asset geometry and materials.

If you are using sketchup, it's very easy. Use the paint bucket to sample the material in Sketchup. Go to edit material. Press the edit texture image in external editor button. Save the image. Then just apply the color changes in your image editing software.

If you want to do it through Enscape. Export a matpkg. Import that Matpkg and than navigate in your systems folder browser to the location specified on the Enscape Material Editor. This specified location is displayed once you press the gear at the bottom left labeled Imported Texture Storage. I found my desired texture by sorting the dates because the naming of the storage folders is wild.

This is very interesting, I assumed the included enscape lights emitted no light and have been strategically loading them into family with lights in revit and in sketchup simply placing an enscape light asset. I'm not sure how they work in archicad but having the option to adjust the enscape asset with lighting effects would be ideal.

I always toggle the automatic sync button to try and help with these case examples. I also toggle between views and view templates. I do end up having to close Enscape fully to resolve some of the time. So a dedicated button for this would be great.

Thanks for your report too - This is also "Table 011" which you've placed, correct? Otherwise what is the specific Asset used? Does it make any difference if you do re-acquire the Asset Library if you had it available offline? Ideally please also remove this specific rotated asset and re-place it once more after the library is fully acquired/downloaded again.

If this still occurs thereafter, we'll have investigate further.

After reopening the project today, I deleted the family from the project browser in Revit and just placed the same one from the enscape asset library, table 010. This resolved the issue.