Posts by arcgraphics

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Hi Suguru, I did a quick panorama test on a model I had successfully rendered panoramas from on earlier versions of Enscape. I can confirm that the panoramas rendered from the same model are rendering out very dark on the the latest version on Enscape.

Hi IT-Admin,

To be honest a MacBook Pro is sufficient to output renders from Enscape we use MacBook Pros and can output high res images of large detailed models in a few of minutes. The MacBooks allow us flexibility of remote working and also allows us to walk clients around the models during meetings and site visits. If you are using other software such as Vray then the Mac Studio would be better alternatively like us you could use chaos cloud if you need to output Vray renders.

It works great. I have been using SketchUp and V-Ray for Mac for quite a few years and started using Enscape about a year ago. We have it running on a few MacBook Pros M1 & M2, and we are happy with the performance. I find it has increased productivity, as it allows us to visualize in real-time, enabling us to make decisions more quickly. Previously, in V-Ray, we would have to render out views. Enscape for Mac is still missing some features, but nothing that can't be worked around."

Hi Kaj,

Installed the new version, materials are working great large models load without any problems. A marked improvement in the live render time when moving around the model, and dare I say it much more stable. Well done.

I will let you know if I find anything untoward.

Hello, I have noticed that there is an update (2.0.1.72) before I update can you confirm if the material maps now load properly from earlier earlier versions (1.1.21+937)

Hi Alexander,

When I open a model created in the previous version of Enscape in the updated Enscape-2.0.0.302 all materials load but only the albedo textures maps load, all other maps i.e. height maps, normal maps, reflections and transparency maps and associated settings do not load into the material. If you are able to tell me how to remove the current version I will reinstall the old version for now until this issue is resolved.

Managed to find the relevant Enscape-2.0.0.302 files myself and deleted them. Installed Enscape-1.1.21+937 all textures now working as expected i.e. all maps load into the materials. I also had issues with Enscape-2.0.0.302 bombing with large models another reason I reverted back to a previous version. I will hold off for a more stable version before updating.

Hi Alexander,

When I open a model created in the previous version of Enscape in the updated Enscape-2.0.0.302 all materials load but only the albedo textures maps load, all other maps i.e. height maps, normal maps, reflections and transparency maps and associated settings do not load into the material. If you are able to tell me how to remove the current version I will reinstall the old version for now until this issue is resolved.

We had to delay the official release a final time for some final fixes and quality of life improvements. You are already able to acquire version 2.0 here, but we cannot fully guarantee yet that there won't be any problems, so if you wish to try it with SketchUp 2023.1 and do have the time to re-install the previous version if running into any issues please feel free.

You can expect the official announcement and further updated version including bugfixes in around less than two weeks.

Please bear in mind that this update is only compatible with M1/M2 based models at this point and we do not reccomend upgrading otherwise.

Thanks,

I did install this unfortunately, the bump, reflections, and any other additional maps don't load, I would advise not updating for now unless you have time to modify all your textures in all your models. Currently trying to uninstall. Unfortunately the plugin isn't located in the plugin folder if you know were it is please let me know.

Thanks for the question Bill - Our upcoming update for Mac has indeed been rescheduled to come out around the end of this month instead of end of August. We required a bit further development time but there really shouldn't be any further delays at this point.

Looking forward to the update at the end of the month, are you still on schedule? As we can't update to the latest version of Sketchup this update is more pressing than ever.

Hi Mac users if you need Enscape in sketchup 2023 follow steps below. I have been using the current version of Enscape in 2023 for several week now and it works fine.

Open a new Finder window.

Open the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder"

Enter the following and click Go

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/plugins

Open a second Finder window.

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/plugins

Hold option to copy the following files from the 2022 plugins to 2023 plugins folder

enscape_plugin

enscape_plugin.rb

Hi All, as it looks like it will be a while before Mac users get an Enscape for Sketchup 2023 update or an installer, here is a work around for getting Enscape working with Sketchup 2023 it will save you from having to jump between Sketchup 2022 & 2023. I have been using the current version of Enscape in 2023 for several week now and it works fine.

Open a new Finder window.

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/SketchUp/plugins

Open a second Finder window.

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2023/SketchUp/plugins

Hold option to copy the following files from the 2022 plugins to 2023 plugins folder

enscape_plugin

enscape_plugin.rb