Posts by Bobbechk

Hey thank you for super-fast reply, impressive Damian !

I was thinking the same about the gpu and the fact about RTX being the best choice of the above.

But is there any information about how Enscape would run with Nvidia Quadro P2000 or NVIDIA Quadro P3200 / Intel UHD Graphics 630?

It will not run at all on (integrated) Intel UHD 630, and since all these kind of laptops have both dedicated and integrated GPU you might have to disable the integrated one while using enscape (https://enscape3d.com/communit…dgebase/multi-gpu-issues/)

The P2000/3200 is roughly equivalent of a GTX 1050ti/1060 so they should be able to do OK for rendering but might struggle with real-time on more detailed models.

The RTX would probably do waay better and should be able to handle VR but I suspect the price-tag also reflects that...?

Depending on where we download our textures from we sometimes get a ROUGH map but this isn't always the case. So would you recommend not bothering with a roughness image if we do not have one or use the Displacement image as we have done?

As I said, whatever works. But if its a flat non-shiny object like this brick wall you can probably use the slider at the low end, if it's a bathroom tile and you want the grout to stay flat you can use the DISPL inverted etc.

I do usually use the Ambient Occlusion, but I got to be honest and say I'm not sure how/if it works.

Here are some good sites I found (apart from the ones you mentioned):

http://www.texturise.club/

https://www.cgbookcase.com/textures/

https://3dtextures.me/

Let me just start off by saying it's going to be hard to get materials like gravel to look great with textures only, if it's important I'd try to add some pebbles from the Enscape library on top of the texture, or add several layers of pebble-surfaces with cutout-textures.

A good way to get familiar with the texture maps is to check out the advanced Revit materials "replace this asset" in the top right of your image.

Looking at your image, first of all whatever looks good... but If we are picky the correct slot for DISPL(acement) is actually Relief Pattern and if you'd rather use a normal map (like you have) you should click the normal map image and change Advanced->Data type to "Normal map".

So basically DISPL and NORM does the same thing, I've found normal gives a bigger effect but the "depth" doesn't seem to be controllable in Enscape (pretty much on/off)

In Roughness there would usually be a ROUGH map, but honestly this way probably works fine especially if there is no such texture, if you want some extra control over the "shininess" of the material you can click the image in the slot and pull down brightness to make it more shiny (dark = shiny) or do the same thing with an external image editor if you need it less shiny, or if it's not a very shiny material you can just use the slider.

Revit actually has some pretty good materials with normal-maps for this, you could edit them if you want the exact look.

If the normal-map approach is not good enough you could add another ceiling ~5mm below the first one and use a cutout -map to show only the grid.

Sorry to hijack the thread..... :|

Does anyone in here know of alternative link cables for the quest?

The link cable is out of stock and it seems unknown when it’s back in store.

There's a company called "Party Link" that sell 3 and 5m cables that supposedly works great with the quest, I haven't tried it out to so be sure to read some reviews first

Sure it's not the phasing..?

If you by some chance has got the material of the existing-phase set to the same material appearance as your ceiling this is what it would look like.

Make sure the 3D view is set to a phase filter (in properties) with everything "by category" (manage>phases>phase filters)

With that PSU my only bet would be GTX 1650 (TDP 75W), the K620 has a TDP of only 45W so It might still be too much...

It's still roughly 3-times as fast as the Quatro so I'd say it's a worthwhile investment.

Maybe try it out on one machine and put it trough some very heavy benchmarks to make sure it works.

The only other option would be to also replace the PSU's

I don't think there's anything all that wrong with the setting, what you need to do to get better realism is to add some more small objects and add more variance to those you already have.

First off take a couple of those chairs and rotate and move them slightly, make it look like someone just sat there!

Then replace all the duplicate small objects like the wine bottles and vases with other small objects or at-least give them the same treatment as the chairs.

Finally i would add some more stuff to the empty shelfs, probably doesn't need much.

When that's done I promise you it will look an order of magnitude more realistic

Why would you recommend a GTX 1070 when the RTX 2060 is both cheaper, better and employ specialized ray-tracing cores that will soon (currently in preview version) be used by Enscape to further increase the advantage...?

Even a GTX 1660ti will be on par with the GTX 1070 for half the price.