Posts by yangshuojin

Ok! but.. why the tube so tall? If you make them something like 2 m tall, you will have less visual impact and low light dispersion! :-) (and maybe Belle Arti Italian Institute will give you the OK!!)

2 Reasons:

1. The pipes need to be just as tall as it is right now to clear the red-roofed building and get exposed to the morning sun.

2. As I said, since the visual impact is intentional, it would rather be something. At 2 m would fall into ambiguity visually.

Great work! I like the clean final layout. But.. really you want to hide the ancient building facade with this tubes..??? :-O

Thanks! For those light pipes, I felt the basement art gallery wants to express himself a bit above ground during design -- he is also my baby, and there was no method more natural than using the light pipes to make this visual impact. So, I have to make some sacrifices. However, if you look at the last view (the night view at the entrance plaza), you will see that at least the main facade of the red-roofed building remains intact.

This project is an entry for YAC's Hill of the Arts Competition. It is one of my recent personal efforts, please enjoy! (Please find my other competition entry here FLEXSCRAPER Skyscraper Design -- the Retreats for Progress) You can find the full exhibition board in the next post if you are interested. Also, don't forget to share your comments and click on like, your support is really, really important to me.

[taɪd] - Hilltop Art Hotel in Turin, Italy

In this competition to transform the ancient hilltop mansion in Turin into an art hotel, we used the "creation-display-consumption" chain of the modern business model as the logic to carry out the functional layout. Meanwhile, to preserve the existing building structures and external space relationships on-site as much as possible, we followed an implicit and restrained manner in creating the new spatial order that emphasizes continuity.

[taɪd] - the name of the project is a pun. On the one hand, it means "tide," which describes the project's continuous and rhythmic form and implies how the project's function operates -- through constant flow and exchange. On the other hand, it also means "tied," which summarizes the proposed intervention on the site -- organically connecting the existing independent building spaces into a continuous whole, thereby promoting the flow and exchange.

This project is an entry for the Evolo 2020 Skyscraper Competition. It is one of my recent personal efforts, please enjoy! (Please find my other competition entry here [taɪd] - Hilltop Art Hotel in Turin, Italy) You can find the full exhibition board in the next post if you are interested. Also, don't forget to share your comments and click on like, your support is really, really important to me.

FLEXSCRAPER Skyscraper Design -- the Retreats for Progress

Inspired by bamboo, FLEXSCRAPER -- the super high-rise building adopts a light and flexible structure. It is suitable for most scenarios where a higher floor area ratio building is required. Unlike most skyscrapers where aggressiveness is the theme, FLEXSCRAPER shows more humility, in an attempt to advocate a new attitude of mankind towards the environment in the process of urbanization.

FLEXSCRAPER is the vertical stacking of a series of frustum-shaped standard modules with high elasticity and extension. It compromises the comfort of use compared with traditional skyscrapers, which has a rigid structure system. As a result, even with an increased survival rate after significant disasters, the structure of FLEXSCRAPER is still lighter and more flexible. The designer can also add form adjustability to the standard module, thanks to the great extension. FLEXSCRAPER also compromises on its module’s independent adjustability by having them connected directly. Thus, comes a more variable building form and a higher space efficiency than those with a modular frame. To sum up the traits of FLEXSCRAPER, it would be: no stiffness is the stiffness, no form is the form, no-self is the self.

Hi Folks,

Doing this will make post-processing much more streamlined, if I get it correct. Is there an opportunity to provide an option in Enscape for Enscape to crop its rendering using the same algorithm as SketchUp (SU in later content) direct export, when utilizing synchronize views to export at a fixed aspect ratio?

It seems like Enscape and SU are implementing different cropping mechanism when requesting to export at a fixed aspect ratio, when the requested aspect ratio is different from what is on the screen/viewport. (Which is 99% of the case, because screen aspect ratio is manipulated by dragging the window and intend to be loose. ). Which is making the overlay of these 2 layers difficult. Is this true or am I doing something wrong? In comparison, exporting with screen/viewport aspect ratio on both ends gets the job done decently (See image below), however, fixed aspect ratio is more practical since in SU screen/viewport aspect ratio can only be manipulated by drugging the window of SU and the result is very hard to maintain through multiple iterations.

Both images below are using pixel to pixel overlay in Photoshop of SU exported hidden line and Enscape rendering. The left image is using a fixed aspect ratio export on both SU and Enscape, while the right one is using screen/viewport aspect ratio on both.

Thanks a lot,

Shawn

Only thing you'll then have to do is to throw the exported Sketchup and Enscape view into Photoshop, scale them until they match,

Hi MatthiasB and Demian,

I appreciated MatthiasB's quick response! I tested the approach, here is how it turns out.

Both images below are using pixel to pixel overlay in Photoshop of SketchUp (SU in later description) exported hidden line and Enscape rendering. The left image is using a fixed aspect ratio export on both SU and Enscape, while the right one is using screen/viewport aspect ratio on both.

It seems like Enscape and SU are implementing different cropping mechanism when the requested export aspect ratio is different from what is on the screen/viewport, which leaves a little bit to be desired. Is this true or am I doing something wrong? Exporting with screen/viewport aspect ratio on both got the job done much more decently, however fixed aspect ratio is more practical since screen/viewport aspect ratio can only be manipulated by drugging the window of SU and the result is very hard to maintain through multiple iterations.

Thanks a lot,

Shawn

Hi folks at Enscape,

I am writing this post to see if there is any updates on the process of incorporating this feature into Enscape SketchUp plugin. I am aware of some older posts on similar topic, however the latest reply was from more 365 days ago and I got recommendation from the forum to start this new topic.

Both our senior design team members and our long term clients are so used to this process and visual style of using "edges" in SketchUp to represent brick joints rendering with native SketchUp function. We appreciated the extended possibility Enscape brought to us nowadays. However, the best way to introduce Enscape to the team, instead of replacing our older process directly with Enscape rendering, as we figured out, is to begin with using Enscape rendering as "icing on the cake" -- a layer of rendered material overlaid with our current visual style. Unfortunately, there is no way to align Enscape view with SketchUp view (which carries the edges) easily, and there is no way as we know to rendering edges with Enscape as well.

Below is a reference of our SkechUp model where brick joint is represented by edges in SketchUp.

Thanks a lot,

Shuojin "Shawn" Yang

The disappearing shadow is caused by model content being "too far from the world coordinates origin by 4.7km in x and -4.3km in z" (quoted from Enscape Support Team). The problem is solved through Feedback function in Enscape.

Below is my original post.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi folks,

See the inserted image and video (Video record of the issue). I notice part of shadow of certain items disappear at certain angles. I found this happen constantly when I am doing a "valley" view at human eye angle.

Can someone help me out? Thanks a lot. I am using enscape verion 2.5.2.37.

Thanks a lot,

Partial shadow:

Full shadow at a different angle: