Posts by renderwiz

Not sure where you guys are hosting

This is getting a bit (actually a lot... lol) off-topic BUT :-)

I have been meaning to mention the website speed... thought it might just be me. In case there may be a relation I will mention it here. Images in the forum take FOREVER to load for me. I am on a VERY fast connection, but in the US so that may not help in this case?

You can find the visual Presets in the Visual Settings menu by opening the panel on the left as seen here.

Be aware that these presets are now automatically saved on any changes made.

Rick Marx - This statement concerns me. Does the following functionality still exist?

1) Save visual preset settings as "Settings-A.json"

2) New Session

3) Load visual preset setting from "Settings-A.json"

4) Make adjustment to something (Exposure, etc)

5) Do not save changes (because for example, the adjusted version was horrible looking... lol)

6) Load visual preset setting from "Settings-A.json" which should not have been updated because we did not save in step #5 to restore *exactly* the look achieved in step #3 above.

Phil, thank very much for pointing out that workaround. Hopefully Enscape will step up and come up with a solution that does not require editing xml. That workaround seems counter to their apparent priority on "ease of use".

It should also be noted for those interested in that workaround.... jumping directly between two positions can affect the motion before and after a keyframe when using smooth motion. Make sure you test this thoroughly if the specific motion you have developed on each path is important.

If you are using Enscape for the purpose of creating images or animations, you best bet right now is a fast a workstation with a fast single video card. No other workflows on the horizon with Enscape. If you need to render with a machine other than your workstation, it will have to be the "old way" of manually launching a file on a separate computer and rendering it.

Unfortunately right now you can only batch render images. You will have to manually set each animation path rendering. If Enscape could prioritize a robust batch rendering system that includes the ability to render a number of animation paths, this method would actually be quite usable. Until that happens, dont hold your breath on any sort of efficient network rendering.

Here is one example....

Dens[ity]Adjusts the density of shadows.

Increasing the Density value increases the density (darkness) of shadows. Decreasing Density makes shadows less dense. Default=1.0.

Density can have a negative value, which can help simulate the effect of reflected light. A white shadow color and negative Density render dark shadows, though the quality of these is not as good as a dark shadow color and positive Density.

You can animate the Density value.

Its possible jan1 is looking for a setting similar to "shadow opacity" which can be found in other renderers. This setting allows one to change the darkness of shadows only, without affecting anything else. While we have workarounds in Enscape for still images using post production, for animations or vr the lack of such a feature is limiting when trying to create a specific look.

....If I want to have a viewer fly over to a location and "pause" for a few second to take in the view

Since implementing this would obviously beg several questions, here are some answers....

If each keyframe had an entry, pause, and exit parameter this could be implemented and the animation system would then be on par with what is expected in many animation and video editing systems.

Ease In = # of Frames

Pause = # of Frames

Ease Out = # of Frames

If none of these are set, the behavior would be "Linear" (ie. no easing, no stopping)

The position would still be interpolated via a spline convention as is currently done automatically.

I'd love to make a small program to automate this. But is this legal

Almost certainly isn't... clearly it has occurred to Google that their 3D dataset would be useful outside of their application. If Google wanted to provide this capability they would have. Sketchup would have been a logical connection but they chose to only allow for 2D import. More recently Google Studio has provided great access for this type of use case (via a different methodolody) Google again chose not to allow for export of the 3D data.

It is unlikely they will go after a user like Herbo. A software developer enabling this type of use to be scaled up might raise eyebrows.

Couple minor points for this image....

1. The lighting difference between interior and exterior is arguably better in Vray... and I am certain Vray provides more control over that.

2. The floor definition is better in Vray, but I am pretty sure you can do better than that in Enscape as well.

There are other types of scenes were the difference would be much more noticeable (ie. where glossy reflections become very grainy, or where reflections do not show up)

When considering whether to use Enscape for rendering production, whether it can consistently produce similar results is important. For times when it cannot produce acceptable results, the amount of additional unexpected time required for workarounds can be a headache. I have found it useful to simply not count on it working well and testing early and often. With Vray I could do renderings in my sleep because it was so predictable. Enscape is far less predictable.

You are too modest. This post should actually be titled "Power of Tagounits Samir" as I'm pretty sure you could make this with most renderers.

Considering the realtime nature of escape it is a nice demonstration :-)