Posts by renderwiz

do you see the same thickness when exporting an image as you do in the realtime preview in 2.6? For me the prview looks correct (very faint for 1%) but the exported image shows a much thicker lineweight. Also, what OS and driver are you using?

It is my understanding that Enscape currently has a bug with the way it handles it shadow maps. See previous thread from Feb 26th that identified that there is a bug in the code....

Problems i found

I have tested and this with the current version(s) and it has not been fixed yet. Until it is, I will assume any glitches like the one you are seeing are related to it.

EDIT: Just followed up and heard back on the issue I was having with shadows. Apparently this is planned to be fixed in 2.6 (approximate ETA < 3 months) Not certain it is the same problem, but I suspect it is related.

I will chime in, since I have experience with this and would like to also make a request.

Google earth studio exports camera information to After Effects in .jsx or JSON format. (I can send an example if useful) If Enscape could import this information as a camera path, we should be able to the render a sequence that matches Google Earth Studios.

We would need to composite the output from Enscape, but that is currently doable with the tools you provide. Ideally we would also get the ability to export a Material ID pass for animation, but we have workarounds for that currently. The main point is to be able to import camera path data in (and ideally also export camera data out if possible)

Other formats to consider if you are going to provide camera path import (and possibly export) are alembic (abc), fbx, dae, 3ds. By allowing us to import at least one of these standard formats in addition to the Google Studio format, we would then be able to animate our cameras elsewhere and import them into Enscape. Many users are already familiar with animating in Blender, 3dsMax, C4D, etc,. Allowing them to use that knowledge for animating cameras rather than forcing them to learn Enscape's animation system would be both a welcome addition to Enscape, and would avoid animation tech support and feature requests for those users.

I will also say that one of the reasons I never went with Lumion is that I could not effectively composite work from my other software such as 3dsMax. Lumion was not interested in allowing camera import or export. Enscape has seemed to have a more open approach which appealed to me.... this type of compatibility of camera information would be welcome to MANY advanced rendering users.

Examples of how exporting camera path data would be useful to both users and enscape is allowing composting of animated tectures, animated people, cars, etc. If a workable method for this type of compositing were to it exist it would allow for users to make it happen outside of enscape and take pressure off you guys on requests for a variety of festures.

Thanks for posting the examples.

When doing that sort of thing, it is helpful (not required) to keep everything else constant. The sun angle changes slightly in these... not saying that is the cause but when asking developers to troubleshoot it helps to present as clear as possible.

I have noticed this type of scene and shadows have been a problem for Enscape. I had hoped they were attempting to improve this behavior.

You can currently use your own high poly stock models within enscape... and for still images you can even use alpha entourage / clipmaps.

Lumion's vegetation is just ok (mainly just a wider variety, also lacks detail) There are far better library elements available for purchase separately.

I hope enscape focusses on perfecting their renderer. We already have plenty of realistic entourage available to us.

I see you have updated the website to say that the Minimum Driver Requirements are:

The latest available drivers

Is that correct?

I have never used a software that required me to install a new driver every time one comes out.

It looks like gtx drivers are released 1 to 2 times a month.

Do I really need to install a new one every time one is released?

Thanks!

Thomas,

Thanks for the tip.

I hope you guys are setting it up differently than me because I would love for this to work. Using 2.5, I just tried what I think you are saying (using opacity texture with emissive material) but it is not working well. See attached. This is similar to the results I had in previous versions which led me to give up on this approach.

As you can see the emissive amount does not vary with the amount of opacity as determined by the transparency texture. There is a cut off where areas of 50% or greater opacity are uniformly emissive, and areas 50% or less opacity are not emissive at all.

When I apply a texture that goes from 30% to 0% I see zero emissiveness throughout.

Are your results different than this? If so, please share your method of setting up your material.

Thanks!

Looks like you will need to get creative and create a 2nd pass for post. Just break it down into what you need for that pass and create the model and materials to make just that. Not ideal but will get you there for now.

Thomas,

I doubt you were serious with the 500x comment. I am curious though, to make a single reflection look as one would expect, even if it required a material keyword or property to isolate it, are we looking at 2x slower?

I would be happy to accept even 4x slower for the occasions where the client will notice it and I would be expected to be able to make a simple reflection happen (ie. "Visually Essential")

Thanks!

Reposted from New Preview Version (that thread is a little crowded... good sign for Enscape :-)

----------------------------

With the latest preview 2.4.2.3147.... I keep getting the message. "Your Graphics Card is Outdated"

I am currently using 398.36.

The error message sends me to enscape's requirements page that cites 390.77 as a requirement.

What is the current driver requirement?

Thanks!