Posts by yschindel

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Since we are already on the topic of scaling/rotation of linked assets -

In a workshared model is have noticed following behavior:

1. Change EnscapeAssetHeight parameter value - > assets is scaled accordingly.

2. Synchronize with central: Assets jumps back to defaul height, and so does the EnscapeAssetHeight parameter value.

My workaround is to connect the EnscapeAssetHeight to a global parameter. That way the parameterfalue stays the way I want it.

Hi,

have you looked into the link asset feature? Thats what we use.

alternatively you could use worksets with the default setting to be invisible.

hope that helps a bit.

Me too please! I would love to be able to do this in in a material as-need basis.

And doing a simple rename would be very convenient for example adding "Round-[unit]" to the material name ("Fabric - Round-1," "Fabric - Round-2")

I see the convenience of this method, but for use in Revit this would not be suitable. For construction documents you need to have clean material names that you can tag.

Maybe we could use some kind of comment in the material.

Maybe it is possible to open the linked file (environment model), set the EnsacpeAssetId parameter there and save+close.

Then open the "host file" (building model) and reload the link (environment model) and Enscape will pick up the EnsacpeAssetId values from the linked model?

Duhh, I should have checked before posting. It already works exactly as I described it. :thumbsup:

hence this workflow could prove difficult to provide as we can't change the linked project's themselves.

Maybe it is possible to open the linked file (environment model), set the EnsacpeAssetId parameter there and save+close.

Then open the "host file" (building model) and reload the link (environment model) and Enscape will pick up the EnsacpeAssetId values from the linked model?

Hi there,

the new link assets feature is great! Thanks for adding!

Common practice for bigger projects is to model all the environment in a seperate file.

As far as I know this prevents the usage of the new link asset function when starting Enscape from the Building file.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could make this possible :)

cheers

Hi all,

totally agree - scattering is really needed!

Just like Arno I am currently using Dynamo scripts to rotate and scale assets.

Scattering vegetation is a very important for convincing renders :)

So: +1

Hi there,

first of all, great work with the Revit plugin!

Here at Störmer Murphy and Partners it is already a substantial part of our design workflow.

This Paper https://research.nvidia.com/pu…using-recurrent-denoising

about the Nvidia AI Denoiser is now out there for 2 years and there is also an Intel CPU denoiser which is beeing integrated into Corona Render https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php?topic=23416.0

With this in mind I was wondering if Enscape is planning on integrating some kind of AI denoising into future releases?

Combined with more and more Real Time Raytracing with Nvidia RTX we could slowly progress towards insane Real Time Render quality. :)

I hope you guys can give us some sort of information on this topic.

With best regards