Posts by DPHORVATH

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

I'm happy to report that a new machine has been ordered, and I believe we did a good job with the specs, thanks to the advice on this forum.

Processor

13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-13900F (68MB, 24 cores, 32 threads, up to 5.60 GHz P-Core Thermal Velocity)

Operating System

Windows 11 Pro, English, French, Spanish

Video Card

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4090, 24 GB GDDR6X

Memory

64 GB: 2 x 32 GB, DDR5, 5200 MT/s

Hardrive

2 TB, M.2, PCIe NVMe, SSD

PS, i did ask to have dual hard drives for a C & D drive so that my home pc matches my work pc drive arrangements.

Please let me know if you see any problems with the specs above, might not be too late to tweak things.

Cheers all, and thanks again,

Dave

Hi There!!

I am fortunate at the moment where my company is asking me to provide them with specs that I would want in a new Desktop PC for my office.

I've had close to a dozen different workstations in the past and all worked really well, but I have to admit I was just getting by with just above minimal components in the prior machines based on what they would buy me.

So, although this topic gets beat up quite a bit, I'm curious any have opinions about certain computer components and which they would rank more valuable than others.

For example, my current GPU (at home) is an Nvidia RTX4000, it worked ok for rendering smaller building projects. However, these days I'm working more on large sites with many new buildings as the Architect. My work desktop GPU is an Nvidia Quadro P4000.

I believe I'm overtasking my workplace's GPU, and just realized it does not support Ray Trace..... (RTX does).

Having said that, I'm sure I'm overtaxing my CPU/processor as well, but that makes sense after 5 years.

So, if you had a fairly open checkbook to buy the almost best (instead of just a notch above minimal):

What GPU would you wish for when using Revit/Enscape/Archvision/Twinmotion/or really any other render tool alongside Revit?? My current thought is the best RTX Nvidia GPU that they'll let me buy, but perhaps RTX isn't the right model??? Thoughts?

For CPU/Processor, im going to ask for best available, but if you have thoughts, please chime in....

I'm also thinking dual hard drives; to keep programs on C drive and other misc items (ie materials) on D or other non-C drive. My home machine works well with dual drives.

If you have had good experiences or recommendations, please let me know, very much appreciated.

I have a chance to do a new computer the right way, so may as well ask for advice :)

Have a great day!!

David Horvath

Architect

Florida

Any updates on this issue, im having same issue. RPCs from Avail/Archvision not showing up in Enscape render scenes. I get an asset error and that x quanity of assets may not appear in the render.......... Yes, i have latest enscape, and logged into Avail/Archvision, and yes i do not have replace archvision content with enscape content.....

Thanks,

Dave

Oh my Lord!!! I figured it out......

As another mentioned prior, the window for the asset browser was on another monitor but far off the screen. I noticed a tiny sliver of a window at the bottom edge trying to hide, i was able to drag it up and boom.... it was the asset browser.

Thanks to all for your patience and trying to help me out.

I do often switch the monitors from desktop to laptop etc.. and that must be how the window became hidden on both my laptop and desktop....

Ok, well, time to close out that item and back to work!!!!!!!!

Thanks All!!

Cheers,

Dave

Florida

Here is what Alt Tab shows for the Enscape asset library; it has a blank black window, but it wont appear if i click on it. This happens on both computers, so im thinking its not a specific computer issue, its an Enscape bug issue.

The asset library is not appearing with Revit today, it was fine yesterday.....

In the ribbon along the bottom of the screen, the Enscape Asset Library is showing there, but there is nothing on the screen today.

I do not like using the Asset Library in the Enscape Render window, so this is disappointing.

Any suggestions to what may have happened in the past 24hours? Was fine yesterday, gone today.....

Revit 2023 and Latest Enscape is installed today, uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure....

Thanks,

Dave

The HDRI skies that i like to use are from HDRI Haven. They have great lighting characteristics. However it is very tough to find one that has the lighting you want and the same scale of the scenery to the building model. For example the trees of the HRDI image could appear 200 ft tall when i have a 5 story building in the scene and the maple trees are towering over my 5 story building, that is what i mean by out of scale / proportion. If there was an enscape adjustment to scale the hdri to the model that would be amazing.

Seems very reasonable to do in my opinion.

If perhaps the HDRI types that i am using are not appropriate for use with Enscape, then let me know (maybe that is my problem). Perhaps someone can suggest another source for HDRI skies for use with Enscape.

Cheers.

Dave

Seems logical if there would be a slide bar adjustment setting for the skybox scaling. I spend more time on my sky background than anything else with enscape unfortunately. It's the only laking item that bugs me and make renderings look less than presentable.

Hello,

Curious to know if there is a scaling variable setting for skybox hdri images. It seems to be a struggle to incorporate skyboxes into building render models at the right proportion.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

:revit:

I found it.

Follow up question; will this preview version overwrite the version that works with Revit 2021?

I don't need revit 2022 that bad just yet if the formal version of enscape that works confidently with 2022 is coming out shortly.

Thanks Demian,

Yes, my Windows and GPU drivers are up to date.

My Revit has the hotfixes installed and i am using the latest Enscape as well.

Enscape did just email me with a reply, and they mentioned there is a bug within Enscape that they hope to have fixed in the near future.

In the meantime they suggested using scope box in revit to reduce the elements being factored into the render, which did work for me in this case. It is a large revit model so that makes sense. I also turned off the exterior landscaping assets since i didnt need them for the interior render. The second tier of work around was to reduce the resolution from Ultra to High, but i didnt have to do that in my case. The scope box strategy did work.

I look forward to the bug fix update in Enscape.

Thanks again,

Dave :thumbup: