Posts by amcdermott

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

are you asking for the 3dm file when you say scene?

I experience this issue when using any model that has materials created prior to installing 3.5.

Not every material type seems to trigger it, but definitely more than a few. I am trying to ascertain whether this is caused by it being a legacy material, or a failed link to a reference jpg, or rhino mats vs enscape mats, etc and have been going through them one at a time trying to nail down the culprit. Everything in this file worked flawlessly in 3.4.4. You can see in the command prompt reference to "updating from version 3 to 4" on several materials, so I have started with those (going to take some time though as I need to rebuild them in 3.5, then reapply them). So far that seems to be working as anything created natively in 3.5 has no issue. Just, going to take a lot of reworking that, you know, would be better not to have to do ;).

I'm sorry to hear about that. Right away, have you already gotten a reply back from our technical support team and in any case, can you let me know which e-mail you've used to submit the report? (Via a direct message ideally) Trying to locate it via the e-mail used to log into this forum yields no results, so thanks a lot in advance.

Also, last but not least even though we can see that in the report too, which main GPU specifically are you trying to use with Enscape?

Hi Demian,

email removed

using the 'High-performance NVIDIA processor' for Rhino and Enscape

May 22nd Incident number 118384:

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your updated logs, and I'm sorry to hear this is still occurring!

We're currently investigating this as a possible bug in 3.5, as we've seen many reports with this same issue. We've alerted our developers and will be working to make this a top priority to fix.

In the meantime, our current workaround is to downgrade to Enscape version 3.4.4 where this is not present. We've also added this case to our trackers to notify you when there's a fix available.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you in advance!

May 19th (same ticket):

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please perform a clean installation, to do so, please:

- Navigate to Add/Remove programs in Windows.

- Uninstall Enscape by using the 'Uninstall' button

- Following the completion of the uninstall, please delete the following directories:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Enscape

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Enscape

C:\Program Files\Enscape

Then, reboot your machine, and re-install our latest release as found here once more, this time for "all users" as seen here.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, could you please send me a new feedback report, including the log files as seen here, and add your email address in the feedback report as well, so we may connect the provided data to this ticket.

hello, running into an issue when trying to load models created using previous version into 3.5. Tried all three options in the error message below, no luck (including updating the drivers) so far (report response pending). Have found in a limited capacity, if I systematically replace material definitions, I can get a model to work. Also, any new model generated and used first in 3.5 work just fine. Please advise, thanks!