Posts by greystultz

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

It's through the Revit > Options menu. The official name is 'Additional Render Asset Paths' if you want to go on a deep dive. Basically put all the images into a shared folder that everyone has access to and make sure they have that folder added to the additional paths. Revit will search in that folder and replace missing images if they have the same name.

We've done a little work on our materials set up recently though, a few things to keep in mind if you go this route:

• Having too many additional render asset paths can cause big performance issues when navigating the material browser, something to do with all the queries that the program is sending out and searching for, I won't pretend to know anything more than that. We originally had folders for different categories but now opt for one master folder, purely due to the performance issue
    • It can't search inside of subfolders. This means you have to have every material in the one folder, there's no real option for organisation beyond file naming. It's... annoying.
    • Depending on where the shared path is located, it's possible that users still technically have a local pathway to that folder. If so, every user will need to individually have their 'shared' file path added to their options (i.e. there's no way to automatically add the path to all users in the company, if the folder is a shared folder with local pathing.)

Depending on how the shared path is setup there might be better ways though. (e.g. Google Drive paths can be common between users so just dump everything in the project folder, Autodesk Drive paths can't :cursing:)

Just want to make sure I'm understanding the workflows and limitations of Revit materials when it comes to lighting. We often have fancy pendant lights where the external globe isn't 100% transparent glass, but might be frosted or some other translucent material. The perfect scenario would be that we just place a light source inside of the globe, and let the render engine and material illuminate the material, but understand that this isn't how Revit materials/Enscape currently function. So that means that our options are:

1) put a light source inside the globe and make the globe material both transparent and self-illuminating and play around with the settings. But this ONLY works with the old Revit materials (the ones with the big exclamation mark on the thumbnail that say "update to a newer material for better render results"). There's no way for the newer Revit materials to be both transparent AND emissive. They can be translucent and emissive, but the light sources don't appear to shine through.

2) put a light source inside the globe and use the newer Revit materials to make the globe transparent but not self-illuminating. Doesn't look the best, but it at least avoids the other issue caused by 1) and 3) i'm about to mention

3) ignore the light source entirely and rely purely on the emissive material. This is probably fine for these more decorative lights, however, as far as I can tell emissive materials are not treated as "artificial light sources" by Enscape. This means that the there's no way to turn the globes "off". Sometimes we don't want any artificial lighting at all, and so we just drag the slider down. That's great, but there's no way to control the globe material, and having to continually adjust the Revit material itself is a hassle.

There are other examples where positioning the light source outside of the geometry isn't feasible, so just want to be sure that the current best solution is using the old material with transparency + self-illumination and not having control over the emissive material inside of Enscape. (Working in a variety of other 3D programs we try as much as possible to avoid the old Revit materials, the newer ones are far more standardised and we can replicate materials in other programs with predictable results.)

Perhaps I'm not understanding the feature correctly, but have found updating of views to be a bit frustrating and would like to suggest a way to overwrite/update an existing view WITHOUT having to have pressed the edit button first.

We will frequently select a view, navigate around and find a much better angle and just want to replace/update the existing view with this new angle. But because we weren't necessarily planning on updating, we didn't press the edit button first. If we press the edit button now that we want to update the view, it first takes us back to the original view and we have to start from scratch. That or we just constantly have to create fresh views - it gets a little annoying.

Additionally, when creating views from within Enscape it doesn't seem to respect all of the visibility settings of the original view? We often deal with links, design options, filters, etc. and find that if we create a view in Revit and set these up how we want, view it in Enscape, create/save the view from Enscape, it then 'resets' all of the Revit visibility settings in this newly created view. Are we missing something?

Certain materials automatically render a certain way if the Revit material name includes key words (e.g. "Long Carpet") - is there any way to have Enscape search for these key words somewhere else (description, keywords, comments, etc.)? There are often naming conventions already in place, and I don't want to have to start adding in Enscape key words to a bunch of our material names.

I know that I can manually change how materials are rendered via the Enscape material editor, but what I'd really like is to be able to have it automated in some way other than the Revit name.

Just for the record I was also having upload issues so I completely uninstalled Enscape then did a fresh install of 3.4.2 and uploads were back to working. I then re-installed 3.5 and it's also working again, so the workaround was a success for us.

I unfortunately cannot find any feedback report using the domain of your e-mail either. Could you perhaps share the e-mail used with me to contact support via a feedback report? Ideally via a direct message for confidentiality reasons. The response time is currently only a couple of days so it may have simply not reached us.

Meanwhile, regarding that issue, check out my post here for a workaround:

RE: Web Standalone not uploading

Let me know in case you have any other questions as well.

No worries, sent you a PM. Will attempt the rollback work-around, but imagine this rules out Revit2024 models?

update: I completely uninstalled and removed all traces of Enscape, restarted PC, and did a fresh install of 3.4.2. This did the trick and panoramas are uploading again. Just to push my luck I then re-installed 3.5 as suggested in the workaround (thanks Demian) and it too is appearing to function as expected. Won't pretend to understand it, I guess the old turning it off and on again trick saves the day again :)

I'm having these same issues as addressed above. Every suggested solution I've found is not fixing the problem - tried restarting, updating Enscape, firewall URL exceptions, etc. Also tried uploading a panorama of a different project and got the same error. Suggestions?

We are in the exact same position and can't identify the problem nor solution. Using latest version of Enscape, latest drivers, connection is good, logged in and out, tried different machines and both office and home connections and nothing. Submitted a feedback report with logs over a week ago and haven't heard anything. Was there ever a solution for this?