Posts by ljohnson

In previous versions of Enscape, when you set a view it would not only remember the view but also set it to the time of day captured. However, in the most recent update I am having trouble with this. I get the shadows and time of day correct and then save the view, but then the time of day changes when I go to that view again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Our office uses the Standalone Model for presentations to our clients. This meetings occur in our conference rooms which do not have the modeling software loaded.

Is Enscape working on developing away to capture and exports images from the Standalone Model?

It would be create to instantly be able to create a library of still images of the model and give the client immediately at the conclusion of the meeting.

With the newest updates, we have seen Enscape add a Material Editor feature in ArchiCAD and from previous updates I know that SketchUp also has this capability. Is there any time frame of when this capability will be introduced into Revit?

Hi Demian, I am using Revit. While I can get a high quality water material, it seems impossible to bring that water plane to meet the horizon. I've shared an image of a basic model I am using, the site is sloping downhill. However, even if it was uphill, the water plane will never extend to the horizon, no matter how big I make it. Is there any trick to this?

Hope this helps elaborate on my original post.

Thanks

ljohnson

Has anyone had success using Skybox? I am really having trouble setting context for the models I am making. Is there anyway to bound the horizon when not using skybox?

Any tips or tricks for establishing boundaries within the model?

Any tips for creating ocean?

Liam

The landscape modeling really brings life to the render. It is effective at providing context for the architecture, I would love to take a walk through the site!

Something I have been having trouble with relates to the building model. My company works predominately with shingle style houses. I am wondering how you modeling such variation and depth on the shingles?

Great job, really realistic texture on the shingled roof. May I ask how you were able to get such a good variation on the texture? Usually when I use shingled material it does not have variation and really takes away from the image.

LJ

My office has loved to use the 3D Standalone Export to Present our designs to clients. It engages them and really helps generate discussion on the design as a whole. However, I have noticed that the resolution when pausing on views is quite grainy. I have provided some images below, one with the quality setting on medium and one with the quality set to ultra. I am wondering if there is anyway to improve this resolution or is it just something I have to accept and may improve in the future?

Any feedback would be great and I am excited about becoming part of the Enscape Community.

Files

• Document1.pdf

(330.64 kB, downloaded 143 times, last: )