Posts by jtubb

I don't believe it's possible. I have tried this in the past and SketchUp will continue to default back to the "User" drive. This is more of a SketchUp thing than an Enscape. The solution I have done is, created a master library of everyday materials and copied them to my local user folder. This method works fine and enscape settings generally are saved. The rest of your team will have to do the same - if they open a project you've done and they shouldn't have any issues.

Now I haven't done this with a cloud base server like google so the pathing could cause issues. Do a small test and see if the result works.

The thing to remember is this is SketchUp and it has endless limitations when it comes to more complex workflows. haha

Can you share this project file? Or share a model view of the lighting layout?

Lighting is complicated - however, things to think about:

1 - ambient/fill light

2 - task light

3 - accent light

In that order.

With this hierarchy, one should not exceed the other. For example, Your accent lights should not exceed your task lights or fill lights values. Avoid using omi lights for everything as they tend to overlight and make the image look flat.

Thanks Jtubb, Pretty nice work online.:thumbup:I've tried few possible solutions but unsuccessful. If you look at the starbucks building, I was surprised, the worst outcome shadows. I hope I will get more advise to solve the problem, My last resort of correcting the problem is to bring in to PS and the problem solve:). Thank you

Thanks - Maybe revert to 2.9 and see if the issues remain?

Demian,

Thank you for your reply. The image size was 22"x20" set in 4500 x 2650 res in Enscape output. then crop the portion of that rendering. here's the second rendering after disabling the automatic Upsampling. Yes I am using the latest Version for Sketchup 3.1.0

I've experienced this too but not very often. Sometimes it caused by the height/bump in a material so I end up lowering the values. Also, I'll do a PC restart, and that sometimes helps.

I was able to recreate your issues but only in the viewport (see attached) but at render time the issue resolved itself.

Also, I'm using 2.9

Skatter is indispensable, I signed up to the earliest possible preview years ago and still use it all the time. It won't be as fast as Twinmotion, or even Forest pack, but it does exactly what it says it does, is quite flexible and is very reliable.

I should add, I am running a dual xeon/RTX3090/256gb RAM 2 x TB SSD machine (though I suspect the advantage of such a machine is limited with SketchUp), so can't say what the results will be on something more consumer-grade.

lol, with a 3090 and your pc configs you can scatter all EARTH PLANE (lol) .

congrats for your machine

HAHA yeah I agree with RSRender!!
    I don't have quite a build as eliotbnz but I agree even with a decent PC the limitations of skatter eventually fall on the shoulder of SketchUp. However, I have found that for large scenes that have literal forest I will use the enscape "linked model" so that my primary model doesn't lag. If you use this method You have to be sure that you generate the mesh in order for enscape to render it in your primary model.

Attached shows 22,000 enscape trees with the use of Skatter. Using an RTX 2080TI, Enscape runs okay, especially with this many assets. Grant it there are only 2 or 3 unique trees that are instanced across the map but it works well. I only enable this layer at render time so that I can work out materials etc.

I'm doing some research into the function of current-day render engines. I have grown to really enjoy Enscape and its current abilities. From what I understand about the engine is a bit of a hybrid of raster and ray-tracing. Is this correct? If so what aspects are raster or ray-traced? I'm sure there are some articles and if so please point me in the direction.

Cheers!

One of the things i'm havin problems, is how to make a material with two differente materials as the attached foto.

When i make grass material the concrete part also become grass but with different colour.

Thank you

Two methods:
    1 - Modeled

Pro: looks more accurate

Con: Poor Time efficiency

2 - Texture Maps

Pro: Time-efficient

Con: Less Accurate

There's a method using a drone to pick the context:

sorry for the third party competition ( not using Lumion for the moment, I'm in love with Enscape with all the possible improvements)

This is a good method - However, I'm more interested in a resource that utilizes low poly google 3d maps (if exist) Also it's important to note that there are a lot of limitations to flying a drone in high dense metro environments. In most case, it requires licenses pilots, permitting, and approval so in the world of concepting the isn't time for waiting.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if there is a new resource out there for capturing either 3D models of existing buildings seen in Google Earth or a resource for capture texture data?

Just about to post about the new View Manager.

It takes about 5 clicks to go back and forth. And this is every time when viewing the project. Using the Hoy Key "F" is a bad workaround. Each Time I press the VP has to recalculate and for extremely large scenes I can see this becoming an issue.

The 2.0 series of Enscape used the side pop out - this was way more effective and less clutter to the VP. It allows for quick access without disruption or change. How can we get the side tab back?
    I see in what looks like the 3.0 VP it's there but I don't in my interface.

Sounds like inception.

I wouldn't overcomplicate it by having linked models within linked models etc In different DDS tools you could get away with that but SketchUp/Enscape isn't the one.

Your best approach is to lay out the areas that you want to reference into your model as separate models. Then link each of the models individually. Also if you're having to link that many models or assets in your probably using a bad or too dense of models that are slow your performance down. You may want to look at using re-meshing tools that lower the geo density - Transmuter works will.

Image example - I believe you are trying to do what is shown in Red and that is overcomplicating it at least for Enscape. I could be wrong but, I would you the graph shown in black.