Posts by jtubb

+1

is there any solution? or trick to block the sun like vrays clipper fx ?

Maybe - but may result in a different "look".

I've considered boxing in the complete scene and this using a variety of lights to simulate the desired look. Then take the render into PS and swap out the backdrop to natural color and fake a gradient. Haven't tried this so not sure of the end results. I'm pretty sure you can use the section place tool to get the sliced effect however it will only work in the form of a plane. I am not aware of a tool within SKP that will create a section based on a volume if one exists please share.

This is really great!

These render are very popular. I would love to see if Enscape could add a similar feature to V-Ray's Clipper tool. That way you can have the interior lighting seen and not the default sun.

Older example:

Okay, so I just saw the latest Enscape blog, and this contributor has the video as an example of Enscpae capabilities. I questions and some disbelief that what is shown in the video was produced solely within Enscape. I've watched it a number of times and the only conclusion I have is that a vast majority of "effect" is being done with the Video textures. Enscpae Devs can you confirm?

This is a really impressive video

At Time marker: 0:15, 0:30

Is this a video texture using an alpha map for transparency? - Is this possible?

At Time marker: 0:20

This appears to be 3D however, how are the object animating light? Video texture projection?

At Time Marker: 0:40, 0:50

Light pulsing and on-off effective animation.

0:50 My guest here is there are two animation passes and the effect is being masked in and out.

Curious to know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Also, can we add a blur value for displacement? This would improve the look and reduce the sharp jagged edges that are produced from high contrast areas.

Is there a blog post that explains in detail how Enscape works during render time? I'm interested to better understand the process during render time with OpenGL to Vulkan and back? Understanding this more in detail may improve workflows and project file setup.

MatthiasL Thanks however your example is very controlled and doesn't work in the situation that I need. This example only works if each object isn't group with objects of different materials.
    The method that I'm using (which doesn't work due to technical limitation of SKP.) is: Using the Material Resizer to identify materials that have very large maps and then finding them in the material tray. From here you can select by material however, if the material is in a group it doesn't make a selection and it is next to impossible to find that material in a model that have many groups components etc.

My work around is using the "edit image from external editor" - down sizing then saving. The only downside is that it hard to verify the location within the model.

When it comes to materials there's Material Resizer which helps you to find and resize overly large textures. Used this numerous time to massively reduce file size. There's also CleanUp³, which helps to get rid of unneeded geometry and much more.

Okay so the material resizer is good at identifying large maps. However the resize feature doesn't work for me as each time the file crashes. So I'm manually having to local the material in the "in model" tab and resizing with Photoshop.

Is there an easier way to select an object by material. The method SKP using only work at the non grouped level. Any extension that work by zooming into the group that contents the material?

When it comes to materials there's Material Resizer which helps you to find and resize overly large textures. Used this numerous time to massively reduce file size. There's also CleanUp³, which helps to get rid of unneeded geometry and much more.

I use cleanUp all the time it is a must. However, Material Resizer - that looks interesting I'll give it a go. Thanks

Great info. from everyone thank you. So Taking everything into consideration and paying closer attention to the task manager I'm discovering that I'm maxing out my VRam 11GB. After a fresh restart which Preview running my scene file is using 9.8-10 our of the available11gb. At render time most every crash happens once i exceed 10gb so as a result I'm having to reduce output resolution to HD for stills and for pano reduce quality to high.

I can make a guess and say that the additional texture maps (Normal, roughness, Alpha) are contributing however it hard to confirm - all maps are 2k. I feel its unlikely that 2k maps are racking up this much. The actually model is less than 250K mb and the rest is a great number of enscape proxy models, trees, people, cars, etc.

In 3dsMax I can see where the "fat" is in a project with the asset manager UE4 has a great tool as well. Does one exist for Sketchup b/c It would be extremely useful to see what is eating up my vram?

Can you post the video to Youtube and share so we can see the issue?