Posts by jtubb

Can you post the video to Youtube and share so we can see the issue?

I will gladly forward your feedback - could you just briefly let me know why exactly you'd like to have it implemented this way again? :) Then I can also add that in addition to the existing feedback.

This feature was in place before. But I suppose as an explanation - photographers us focal length as a measurement not field of view. Visual artists, 3D Artist, etc whatever you would like to call or refer to them as use the same principles and philosophies as photographers. Also most have physical cameras and are more in tuned with relating to real world lens and I've never seen FOV on a camera. IDK, you guys had it before it just easier for us real world camera folks. =D
    Cheers!
    +1+1+1+1+1+1

yeah - I got the same result. I don't know. Maybe the Devs can explain a some more. Hopefully in the next update that can separate the "height category" into proper channels.

I'm not sure what Lumion does regarding reflection maps. After loading a normalmap (which should be an RGB image file) in Photoshop (or similar) you'll need to add an alpha channel. Then copy the greyscale displacement map into this channel. You can safe it in every image format that supports transparency (aka alpha channel) and can be used by Enscape, such as tga, tiff or png.

I'm not sure what Lumion does regarding reflection maps. After loading a normalmap (which should be an RGB image file) in Photoshop (or similar) you'll need to add an alpha channel. Then copy the greyscale displacement map into this channel. You can safe it in every image format that supports transparency (aka alpha channel) and can be used by Enscape, such as tga, tiff or png.

Nice! I'll give this a go!

Ted.Vitale you'll have a dedicated Displacement map option where you currently switch between Bump and Normal map. If you want to combine a normalmap with a displacement map you'll have to combine them into a single RGBA texture for now. Then Enscape will recognize it correctly and use the RGB channels for normal and the alpha channel for displacement.

This limitation might be lifted in future versions down the road though, but will require some overhaul of the current Material Editor UI.

Hope that helps! :)

Can you elaborate a bit on the RGBA maps for combining a normal and displacement?

Lumion does this with reflection maps so is this the same process?

Are we add the displacement to the alpha in a normal bitmap then saving as tiff?

What file format is this - tiff?

Enscape Devs - congrats! way to go.

Adding displacement it such a great addition.

Question - how can I add in my normal map details in addition to having displacement?

So i'm in the process of spec a new machine and I want to better understand how Enscape is working behind the scenes.

Current machine:

CPU: Xeon(R) W-2135 12 core

RTX 2080Ti

32gb ram

My biggest annoyance with Enscape is Crash after crash on large model with high render setting and large image exports. I have to restart constantly to clear my memory so I'm wonder if I need more ram. Come render time what is actually happening? Are my scene asset being dumped onto the GPU VRam or standard RAM?

Im running the latest everything so im looking for a good explanation to what is actually happening at render time.

Cheers!

Is it possible to add a vertical adjustment for skybox's. According to SketchUp my ground or 0,0,0 location is correct at least i can not reset it so im assuming so. However, when viewing in Enscape the ground location is different which break the illusions of using an HDRI. I would prefer to not move my model or guest what Enscape ground location is as the coordinates are in sync with other project files to copy and place. So what is happening here and can we get an adjustment for a vertical placement of the enscape ground plane?

Cheers!

I Agree with alexandrecollaco. Using SketchUp Whites have a max brightness value of 80-90 and Blacks have a min brightness value of 25-30. Also I would recommend that you need some additional lights to pull out the reflection details in the moldings of the cabinet door fronts. How are you lighting your scene?

It would be great if there was a hotkey to rotate an Enscape library object 45 degrees before placing into our model. I spend so much time placing the having to rotate.