Posts by Goodmorning

Is vegetation material shader available for Revit as well?

I'm still not very familiar with Revit, but I wanted to try the same with the curtain made in Revit. I couldn't event find Enscape material setting window in Revit. I tried to use Revit's own material setting to change translucency, but I couldn't even make it as nice as SK curtain (I couldn't even make Revit curtain translucent at all actually)

Ever since our Settings split up into two categories, you simply have to navigate into our General Settings -> Input -> Spectator Height

I hope this is what you're looking for! :)

Aha, thanks. That's strange the camera height is not with other camera settings.

By the way, what 'spectator width' is supposed to do? I tried to change it, but couldn't see any differences.

Not sure if I'm not just finding it, but since 2.7 I can't find the camera height. I think 2.6 there was a setting for camera height for 'walk mode.'

I have to say the added two-point / orthographic view in Enscape is great. Unlike Sketchup now I can move, orbit in two-point. But I really like to know what height the camera is at if it's feasible, please. If that's possible, I see no reason to look at SK window to set up a view at all.

It is usually used for leaves and plants in general. That´s why we decided on that name. :) So as with many other features when it comes to Enscape, this can also be used in an alternative way for curtains - another example would be using short grass as a carpet, I've seen that quite a few times now too.

Glad for the tip. I still find it necessary to add some transparency texture even with Vegetation for sheer curtain, but using Vegetation for curtain didn't even cross my mind.

I wish I could use the grass setting as carpet or rug. As soon as I saw the grass setting in Enscape, I tried it for carpets. However, it's way too exaggerated even with the smallest setting, I never use it for it (not even for shags). I know that there are already requests for it. Hopefully it gets implemented soon. Thank you

oh sorry, pass is tranminhluan

Your PDF is incredible. Do you think I could translate into English and share with my colleagues? If you allow, please let me know how to give you the due credit. Perhaps add your name and contact information on the first page?

iPad has really good graphics capability, and it's also getting mouse input as well. It will be such a huge convenience factor if Enscape EXE can be exported for iPad.

Pardon if I'm misunderstanding something but, you activate two point perspective in SketchUp, but you want to then use the arrow keys without having to click on the Enscape window again to make it active, so that it can then receive the keyboard information?

Thank you. I always appreciate how the team is very attentive to the forum and any questions users have.

You understand right, but it's all good now that I know how to activate arrow keys with Enscape 2.7.

I am still confused, however, Enscape has yet to have safe frame when 2.7 has all these new updates regarding rendering. Is Safe Frame just not included among the top priorities? Just genuinely curious.

Vegetation material without transparency for sheet curtain is a good idea I haven't thought about.

Thank you. (Is "vegetation" for that material setting the right name for it, I wonder?)

I meant Enscape view window by "preview." If I have a SK scene with two point perspective, the Enscape view window won't recognize arrow. I have to click anywhere in the Enscape window to move around Enscape camera first; then I can use arrows.

For them to open the model in their licensed copy of SketchUp and then view it in Enscape as a render they would have to buy a licence for Enscape. You CANNOT give or sell a copy of Enscape yourself.

Enscape has the ability to export the the rendered model (what you see in the Enscape render window) as an exe which you can give to the client, they will not require SketchUp or Enscape but the model will be for viewing only, they will not be able to edit it.

Would the receipts need to have a dedicated graphics card to view the exe file?

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the use of arrow keys on your keyboard, right? :) If so, check out our control and input knowledgebase article here:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…scape-keyboard-shortcuts/

yes it worked just fine with 2.6 but for some reason it’s not working after 2.7. That’s especially once a view has been saved.

by the way, any chance you plan to remove the view list coming up when render is clicked? Also how do I keep safe frame to stay in preview?

(You're not missing anything - the having to click an additional time has been mentioned several times, as has the feature request of simply making the 'safe frame' a toggle for the view. some discussion on this issue: [REQ] Batch Render 100+ Scenes )

yeah, I remember discussing with one of Enscape team members why 'safe frame' isn't automatically shown in preview even after it's checked on (it could be just opaque not just black if the team doesn't completely want to block the leftover view). At least there was a way to keep the safe frame in preview before, now there's no way. I guess not many people care about 'safe frame'?