Posts by Goodmorning

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Pieter,

Thank you for this useful tip. If you could please help out, I can't make make this backpack material show up as Enscape asset. I used SK2019, Enscape 2.8, and Blender. I checked there's no space in material file name, and it doesn't look like there's any space. I linked SK file, and bin/gltf exported from Blender.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/HpVcBah.jpg]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5d1…ackpack%20Yellow.skp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h453…ckpack%20Yellow.gltf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ra5…ackpack%20Yellow.bin?dl=0

Goodmorning, yes it does - eventhough video resolutions are usually not that high - but it works for both cases.

In this day and age, we shouldn't regard video at 4k as unusual.

(I have to admit it upsets me when Windows laptop makers refuse to make 2k screen laptops like Apple or MS, and they stick to either 4k or 1080p. 1080p is too low res for today's standard, and 4k laptop screen has no benefit compared to 2k whatsoever, it only drains battery. That's all. Stupid marketing)

With 2.7 I had alias set up for Enscape rendering, but it didn't work with 2.8. It frustrated me to no ends because it took me some time to realize the actual commands for rendering was slightly changed from 2.7 to 2.8.

Enscape, please don't do this for future updates. If you do, please let us know which command lines you changed.

I'm pretty frustrated, I upgraded my graphics card specifically to run Enscape for a competition, it works great, renders everything below Ultra HD in a couple seconds. Now it's 24 hours from the competition deadline and I can't render final images at an acceptable resolution, it just hangs and crashes the program. I'm super behind now, scrambling for options and rendering everything thru Rhino again sadly. Tried enabling auto-resolution, tried turning off RTX. Any resolution below Ultra HD works great.

Also the EnscapeVisualSettings command isn't what's mapped to the actual application button, making me type it in every time, so that's super irritating.

Kinda regretting the investment I've made here and wondering if anyone can help me salvage it.

Hope your competition went fine. How close can you render below 4k? Is it a still image or a video that's failing? If it's a still image, Photoshop handles up-scaling quite well. We have up-scaled from 11x17 size to 36x48, and it looked just fine. Surely it's because with 36x48 you are looking at it a bit far away, but you might be able to get away with it if you can render to the resolution you need as close as possible without crashing.

Clemens, does this temporal upsampling work with videos as well?

Oftentimes, some paths are not necessary, especially when there's nothing happening from point A to point B. Currently I just make one long unnecessary video, then edit in Premiere since it's a hassle to load each paths after waiting for one video to finish. Would there be a way to batch video render? Save several video paths, then have Enscape render all those sequentially with two options: 1. make one combined video, 2. make each video file for each video path. With option 1, there should be a way to list different video paths so that it renders in the right order. However, I will be quite content with option 2 if that's easier.

Thank you for the additional feedback, I've gladly forwarded it accordingly, plus your up-votes will be taken into account of course.

Frankly, material is the most significant and fundamental issue: Group/joined object mapping on separate faces, Displacement, UV mapping, etc. Enscape really needs to reflect what's shown in Rhino material. Enscape is touted as a realtime render, but it's falling too short when it comes to Rhino support as much as we appreciate your replies on the forum and hard work.

At least lighting can be placed and adjusted. There's no work around with this material issue. It's almost -- we need to stop thinking about Rhino/Enscape route as a company.

Goodmorning - perhaps the flood gates will now open.

I think its partly due to our Rhino user base not being so vast, and somewhat segmented in terms of industries they span.

But, by the same token, we could again ask why is Rhino itself not natively supporting IES, if Rhino users require it so much?

Sure, VRay has up to now covered most use cases.

It's added now as a Feature Request though. I can only suggest that other Rhino users who want this feature now speak up so it has some chance of being looked at.

I can't imagine anyone using professionally using Rhino relies on default Rhino renderer, instead of Vray or something else. Having said that, v7 beta has lighting fall off. Rhino users also complained to Rhino team for lack of IES support. Really hope Enscape shows the lighting falloff when the final V7 comes out.

This is actually a big issue since it forces us to explode polysurfaces or model discreet surfaces solely for the use of Enscape. We had intended for Enscape to be part of an iterative design process but it has become, in fact, an obstacle to this intent since we have to cater this this very specific limitation. So, the request is very simple. Please have Enscape respect material mapping from Rhino, specifically sub-object mapping. As a point of reference, V-Ray respects this type of mapping from Rhino as does Lumion.

yes, it's driving me insane to explode every single time to change material and regroup or rejoin. Imagine you keep doing that during important client meetings. Enscape also doesn't reflect displacement and render round corner. It gets crazy when all the objects have to be extracted as mesh.

It feels like Enscape is focusing on Sketchup more. Hopefully Rhino doesn't get pushed aside.

I just created the "enscape asset" collection (=layer) in the example file so it's easier to follow the tutorial. If you create your own blender file and import our own content you won't have that layer (but you also don't necessarily need it, as Sheik has rightly pointed out, you can structure the blender file however you like, all that matters are the .gltf and .obj exports).

aha, thank you. It was driving me crazy thinking why Blender would have Enscape layer by default.

Thanks, having regular and detailed feedback really helps with improving it!

Pieter,

Could you please help me with step 2? Where do I find "Enscape Asset collection" in Blender? I'm trying to use this from DAE file exported from Sketchup.

The placeholder geometry needs to be exported as a triangulated obj file (units: meters)

1. In the Blender file, turn the Enscape Asset collection off and turn the Enscape Placeholder collection on (layers are called 'collections' in Blender).
    2. Select the simplified geometry
    3. Go to File > Export > Wavefront (.obj).
    4. Set the export settings as shown in the screenshot below. Be sure to turn triangulation on.

Yes, but it should become bigger once you've selected ANY material. So, you could also just select the first material "Aisle" in this case and the window becomes larger. Do you get what I mean? :)

Just found that when Asset Library is open, I can still use Rhino, click things and rotate views. This makes it easier to place assets. How come Asset Library doesn't freeze the entire thing like other windows?

Another question with Batch render (besides file naming), how would it work with Rhino Snapshots? When save views directly from Enscape window, it creates 'named views' in Rhino. In order to hide/show certain objects in each scene, 'snapshots' has to be used. (please let me know there's another way)

Hopefully if gets implemented soon. I thought View Sync was to reflect the view on Rhino. When I use 3dconnexion in Rhino, Enscape window doesn't change. I have to use a regular mouse in Rhino to change the view slightly for Enscape to update the view.

I see. I'm afraid but, this should very well be a problem resolved with 2.6 or 2.7 already - in this case you can try a full clean re-install (if that is possible even) to see if it helps, otherwise maybe you have the chance to tell your department that an upgrade would be very vital? In general because I'm sure you want to use the new features as well.

I use 2.7, but Enscape material is not reflected on Rhino material palette. I just assumed it's not supported by Enscape.

I was going crazy why can't assign different materials on each surfaces. With Rhino 6, each surface in polysurface can be selected with Ctl+Shift click. Then, I should be able to assign different materials. However, Enscape doesn't show it. Is it not supported?