Posts by Goodmorning

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

We can read the FoV information out of the CAD solution you're using, but we cannot write the FoV from the Enscape Settings into the CAD itself since that is technically not possible. This hasn't changed with 2.8 either I'm afraid, our hands are tied here.

The "view synchronization" feature is also often being used to allow for the same viewport outputs in both Enscape and the CAD, so that objects and such can easily be moved/edited among other things, and there is no need to navigate to that spot in both Enscape and the CAD.

Okay, I understand. If I want to use Batch Render, I have to:

1. turn off View Sync

2. set up a view on Enscape Window directly.

It's not ideal, but at least I now see what's happening.

However, I really hope that Batch Render file name only contains 'view name' without dates. I always use linked images for Photoshop. Batch Render keeps creating new file names; then links won't work.

I can gladly file that as a feature request - although, can you simply not select any material even if it's one you don't want to edit, so that the window becomes larger afterward?

Not really sure what you mean by "simply not select any material..." When the material window opens, it's tiny. The user has to scroll down to find a material. Since nothing on Rhino works when the material window is open, this window might as well be full screen to easily see all the lists of materials. Why open it so tiny?

Goodmorning - Do you mean all the materials that appear in the list on the left hand side of the Material Editor window? Doesn't the scroll accommodate that?

Essentially, you just want the ability to maximize the Material Editor window. Making the window 'large enough' is open to interpretation.

When material editor is open first, the window's so tiny that you have to scroll through to find a material you want to edit. Once a material is selected, then the window becomes larger. It's not a huge deal, but I was wondering if it's possible to have the material editor open with a larger window even before a material is selected.

I just realized that Rhino Displacement isn't reflected on Enscape. Is this still on agenda, and any idea when it would be implemented? Surely, one can use 'extractrendermesh'. But it's definitely not ideal.

Enscape is already a good tool. But hopefully we could make it fit better for professional use.

Okay, if the window has to stay on top stopping everything on Rhino as its Rhino's own limitation. Can we at least open Enscape Material window large enough so that I can see all materials? It doesn't matter if the window blocks views--it's not like I can do anything else.

I'm a bit hesitant to try a preview as I'm working toward a deadline for a client presentation. Thank for confirming it's possible to batch render to match Rhino views.

1. Can I do it with 2.7?

2. There's no problem when rendering one by one. How can I force batch render to behave the same way as single rendering?

3. Think found an issue here:

I thought if I use "creates a named view..." from Enscape menu bar, batch render would match. That's the problem. When I create 'named view' using Enscape button, it create a completely different view from what I am looking at in Rhino view.

Surprised to hear that other users are not asking for IES support. It should be a basic feature for any commercial renderer.

Once Enscape Material window is open, it stops everything else until it's closed. Since it's cumbersome to open Enscape material window every time I need to do something with material, I'd like to have it open. Could you please let me know how to. Or is it limitation set by Rhino

using 2.7.

Thanks for the workflow link, but not sure if it explains or solves the camera relocation issue while batch rendering. Is there 2.8 preview version I can download, and does it solve the issue?

With 2.8 preview version, could I batch render with only scene name in the file name without time stamp?

Custom assets are now on the roadmap and I imagine (correct me if I'm wrong Demian Gutberlet ) they will roll it out to all Enscape flavors at the same time?

In the mean time, for what it's worth, this workaroundto create custom assets works in all Enscape flavors that have the asset library (Sketchup, Rhino, Revit, ...)

Oh my, thank you so much. I had no idea there was such thing. I will definitely try it very soon.

Upvoted through your voice and through v-cube , as mentioned though, please be aware that this function may not be coming with our next update just yet.

I'm surprised there's no Linked Object option. It's really like Rhino Enscape version is not a high priority to Enscape unfortunately. I wish I could upvote more than once.

Hi, random, but there is no native IES lights in Rhino 6 ( only Vray or other rendering engine), I have asked on the Rhino7 wip forum and this won't be supported in 7.. they have added a better attenuation for the lighting, but no ies.. very weird... as mentioned above lighting in sketchup is way better .. so that's a problem going forward.. especially for lighting consultants and obviously architects.

A way around I found is adding two lights with different angle but far to be as nice... it would be great if there is some progress made on that somewhere, not sure if Enscape as any weight to ask Rhino3d..?

thanks

It's more than baffling that there's no IES support, and Enscape team asserts "the native Rhino lighting is deemed to have the same functionality."

Two questions regarding batch render

1. when batch render, it appears the camera location is different. The view is very different from individual renders. How do you make batch render the same as individual render view?

2. Even with Automatic Naming off, the render files get time stamp in the file names in addition to the scene name. Is there a way to batch render and get render files with only scene names?

There is no plan at the present time to introduce Enscape lighting in to Rhino, as the native Rhino lighting is deemed to have the same functionality.

However, your claim that Rhino is being slowed down by this is interesting.

Could you contact us on our support email referencing the URL for this thread? As, we may require further information from you, and possibly some log files and its easier to do this over the email /ticketing system.

That email is: support@enscape3d.com.

How do I add IES to Rhino Spotlight? I just started using Enscape for Rhino (have been using SK), and I'm flabbergasted I can't find a way to use IES.

The trial is not really any different compared to the release version, it's basically the same with some restrictions. :) So in that case, just activate the Enscape and Enscape Capturing toolbars and you're all set!

I now have a full version of Rhino although I understand a trial should have worked as well. I removed Enscape and reinstalled on all users after installing Rhino. However, I don't see Enscape on renderer option. Under current renderer, I only see Rhion Render. Is there something I'm missing?