Posts by JPM AEC

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.

you can't use the numerical pad on your keypad (if you have one). For example hit 2 to zoom extents and move the camera to the front.

Perfect. Thanks!
    I guess there's a guide somewhere where I could learn these shortcuts, but I havent found it searching for the specific issue. Where is this documented, if you would be so kind?

Finding a relevant thread for my question here was hard. I hope I post this in the right place?

I have issues creating thumbnail previews in the asset creator.

My existing 3dsMax library of furniture models is built in centimeter scale.

When imported to Asset Creator i have to scale them down 1000 times

Example: a 160 cm high bookshelf gets imported as 1 600.00 meters. I change it to to 1.6 meters in Asset Creator.

But then the model disappears from the preview.

It seems to be a cutting plane issue.

I have to randomly zoom and rotate an maybe I get a glimpse of the model and with a huge amount of luck I may manage to place it right to produce a thumbnail. But mostly I just give up.

The controls are horrible.

A zoom extents feature would have been great, as would a clipping plane toggle.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there a guide for this feature, how to pan, zoom and rotate the preview?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for returning late, but apparently I get no mail notifications when I get answers. Will see to that.

I can see neither previous panoramas nor web standalones in my Upload Management in Revit. Would they be listed regardless of Revit and Enscape version? I have upgraded to 3.n since they were originally exported in 2.something. And also ofcourse I got anotehr license form.

I don't want to send you the links to these standalones publicly in this forum for you to identify them and move them to my present account.

So how do we go about doing that?
    I do have a key to my previous network(?) license. Is it neccessary to identify my previous uploads? I can send it to you privately if it is of use.
    What I have otherwise is just the links to some previous uploads if that is enough to identify whiich ones to move to my personal account.

And what is the "upload management function within the license centre account?". Is that something my license administrators may have? Or can I see it myself on my Enscape account somewhere?

Kindly
    /Jim

I have also tried to create completely invisible obstacles (exported from Revit) as barriers where I do not want viewers to be able to pass.

But thes also throw shadows and it has been aestethically unpleasing.

Some way to exclude transparent/cutout material shapes from shadow casting would be much appreciated.

It is an omission that often bugs me, as well as the lack of atleast a distorition effect (in place of refraction) in glass (preferably m ade optional if made available). At the very least a falloff/IOR effect in glass materials would much improve the looks in the simulation.

I have previously asked this i the license problems/Questions thread, but never got an answer.

I changed from network license to single online in may/june and then all my previous cloud storage is suddenly no logner avable to me!

The links to web standalones an panoramas (that i saved in notes and links) are still working.

But I can't access and remove them or re download the panoramas for instance.

The ID apparently changed when I changed from Network license to personal sign in. But i still NEED to access those old links. Among other things to remove those I can no longer update and the links are shared with other for demonstration purposes.

Please help me to learn how I can get access to those again. Do I need to provide some information regarding the previous license to access them?

Kindly.

Also, I was a big fan of VRML in the olden days. It had point and line/edge objects taht rendered volumeless objects like points an lines without thickness.

If not, points and shapes in 3dsMax gan be generated into little spheres (for points) and tubes (for lines) easily and then perhaps imported to SketchUp (or Revit as a custom Ensapce Asset).

Although I believe color information from the pooint cloud would be lost. Even 3dsMax have som issues with reading point colors and transfering these to material/shader parameters. I believe it would require some max-scripting atleast.

I have sucessfully used Autodesk Recap Photo to create assets in Enscape from photometry.

I am currently testing top convert Recap pooint-clouds to triangulated meshed to see if that would be a way to get couds as meshes ti Enscape atleast, until Enscape is capable to displaying points.

Also, I was a big fan of VRML in the olden days. It had point and line/edge objects taht rendered volumeless objects like points an lines without thickness.

If not, points and shapes in 3dsMax gan be generated into little spheres (for points) and tubes (for lines) easily and then perhaps imported to SketchUp (or Revit as a custom Ensapce Asset).

Although I believe color information from the pooint cloud would be lost. Even 3dsMax have som issues with reading point colors and transfering these to material/shader parameters. I believe it would require some max-scripting atleast.

There are methods to triangulate/mesh and drape photoetxtures over pointclouds in 3dsMax adn Rhino for example.

I have previously created my own assets for Enscape through 3dsMax and placed in my Revit-model and then simulated in Enscape 3.

I wonder if it is realistic to attempt to create an asset of a reasonably large triangulated point cloud (a building or limited landskape) and place it correctly in the world? Are there limits to mesh count and detail level (size of triangles and edge lengths) to be considered? How could collisions be affected etc.?

Keyframe movement and rotation is not easy in any system. Interpolation always have some trouble at keyframes, turning too fast or moving jerkily.
    It only ever works OK if you can choose out and ingoing principles separately for rotation and movement.

A main issue with the default timing on keyframing though is that loong distances ar soooo slow and small steps too fast. Unless you place keys on equal distances you will get wildly different speeds with small and big distances between keys requireing post editing of the time stamps.

I found some workarounds to edit the keyframes and now manages to get more or less what I want. But it is slow and painful to do it.

You can set the full length of the film (the end key timestamp) when not editing any keys.

First set all the position keys you want and then select each key individually, checks Timestamp and adjust the transition times for each key until somewhat satisfactory. Then leave key edit mode and you are able to set the end key time on the main animation panel.

Same problem here. Version 3.0.2+44009

Saving to file simply doesn't create any files.

And Upload To Cloud gives error "Panorama could not be uploaded" so that workaround isn't working either.

I have full Admin privileges. Product installed with Admin privileges. It worked alright a few weeks ago, but I just the other day changed from Network License to Single online license.

... also I have a deadline so it's kind of desperate!

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't see a reason why we couldn't/wouldn't provide VR capable Web Standalones in the future which also take external Bluetooth controllers as input device. Our Web Standalones in general are still being improved further and further with time - we're adding more features and improvements pretty much constantly. :)

As blutetooth controllers are an extra gadget both to buy and setup (it ain't that straightforward!) I'd recommend usingt the tap-drag joystick feature that already works. Although you cover part of the screen while doing this.

Also adding a feature like the Google Earth VR like feature of magnet clicking to move forward in Cardboard-views. You can't strife or move up/down vertically.

But you can always turn around to go back, up and down. It's simpler to implement and is tested and works. It might even be familiar.

Even a simple working movement controll to begin with would be much better thatn it is at his point.

/Jim

I have tested how web standalones work on my Samsung Galaxy smart phone. Surprisingly it did pretty well, although my phone is not very high performing.

To test it, mail yourself the weblink and open on your phone or tablet in a webbrowser that supports the gyro on your device. On my Samsung phone it only works on Samsungs own internet browser.

What already works is:

You can move forward and sideways like with a joystick by pointing at the screen and moving your finger up/down (forward/backwards) left and right (strife). You will move in Flymode in the direction you look.

There are menu items that block part of the view when you start the web standalone. The settings-menu don't react to taps, but with some difficulty I managed to minimize it.

I had to allow rotating the view to manage to click the minimize-tab in vertical mode.

Some "small tweaks and fixes" could make it work quite well.

1. Make the menues react to tapping and dragging.
    2. The movement control could have the graphic representations for the desktop keys react to taps and a discrete tab to open when minimized.
    3. Double-tapping could move to the point tapped.
    4. You can't control Time of Day. For some reasons all my standalones are stuck on pre dawn. You could tap-drag the right-mouse-button sideways to change (see point 2).
    5. You can't toggle Fly Mode. Tap the FlyMode-field top right could work.
    6. There could be a split-screen button so it would work in Cardboards. In there movement could be controlled like Google Earth is in Cardboards. Use the magnet-button to stop start movement.

I know that tablets and handhelds are not priorities, but I think some small improvements could make it a feature! The standalones could be demonstrated on a go without setting up advanced VR-systems. More people could watch the scenes simultanaously etc.

/Jim

Right now transparent/transluscent materials in Revit must be changed or they look like glass.

The best I have managed to make semitransparent textiles so far is to use cutout and weaved-fabric opacity-maps. This does not produce transluscent shadows but looks better than transparency. It may result in moiré-patterns though.

It is possible.

I just answered about what works with Web Standalone-exports and not in this thread:

viewing vr on iPhone / google cardboard / Samsung Gear?

As far as I understand bluetooth VR-controllers would not work with the web standalones. But there's a joystick-like tap and drag mechanism to steer with. But you can't change from fly mode and other drawbacks. Read more in my other post.

About watching a desktop standalone you would need a thirdparty applicatione that streams video to your handheld device. Trinus VR is a such. But I don't think stereo would work with that from Enscape. A bluetooth VR-control might though.

/Jim

Code
    Hello, I know I can show panoramas. The problem is that you can not allow a virtual tour through the mobile. Or is there a way?

There's limited support to show web-standalones uploaded to the cloud from Enscape,

If you mail yourself the weblink and open in a webbrowser that supports gyro on your phone.
    I have a Samsung Galaxy and it only works on Samsung s own internet browser.

You can move forward and sideways like a joystick by pointing at the screen and moving your finger up/down left and right.

There are menu items that block part of the view when you do this. The settings dont react to taps, but with some difficulty I managed to minimize the settings menu. I had to allow rotating the view to manage to minimize the menu in vertical mode.

There is no support for this feature on tablets and phones. You can't control time of day and leave fly mode and some other obvious drawbacks. But it works to some extent.

I'm here at his forum right now to suggest some improvements that could make web standalones actually work on simpler handheld devices.
    Just reading through previously answered posts first! :)

/Jim