Posts by benjaminriendeau

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Are the help instructions mostly displayed or hidden?

** Well, do you mean, do I mostly Hide them or are they Hidden when I open Enscape....

How do you feel about the usability of the video editor in Enscape?

** Not complicated, but not "great"

How often do you save new presets in the Visual Settings?

** I don't see an option "by project" rather than by views.. otherwise it's rarely? Is every project Rare.. ambiguous choices.

*Only reason I don't export as much .EXE and web standalone is that there is no possibility to disable fly-mode or an invisible boundary material

**Your survey answers goes from "Once per project" to "Rarely", maybe you should add "most of the time", or "sometimes", the answer range is not optimal for your study...

Demian Gutberlet but what do Enscape do not have that Twinmotion, Lumion or Unity have in its Real-time rendering that is causing that much imperfection...

second to that, what purpose is there to broaden the asset library when the material quality is not topped?

My final clients are not interested to know the technical reason why a still image doesn't look good. Can you imagine a design presentation or design competition, where people talk about the pixel errors and not the design or there are notes on the image,

I am encountering these comments daily.. post-production becomes intense at this point

Case 1: Hi, not sure if I am unaware of anything but, I'm wondering why I get so more grain from your basic ALUMINIUM code name, and on even so other metal materials. (see appliances and doors in cafeteria)

Case 2 I am also wondering, why some projects showcases perfect reflections and I have a this small bedroom hideous reflection.. Missing stuff on the shelf and I don't even see outside the window on the second one

Hi guys, again asking for it but since Enscape started I feel that its still the only thing keeping us from using adequately the .EXE files...

Could we have deactivated flymode in Exported scenes or maybe a keyword boundary that makes transparent boundaries or something?

It's just that our clients have to learn the navigation controls and also understand what happens when they fly off the room into the over exposed sky with no directions to come back in.

It's hard when you plan on not being next to your client when sending it to them..

Anyway, would that be realistic ?

I know, but its not a problem if you assume that Enscape does not work with 2 point perspective, thus using the 1 degree for the field of view. its only a matter of entering the value instead of switching to 2 point perspective. But I understand that it works better with plans

robinchs save to file does not autosave so it only is what saved file, which you should probably rename template? I guess.

If all this is true, then the good workflow would be to always save to project. But thing is if I want to reuse this exact setting in another project, how complicated does this sound, I would have to save it to file, then open the other project and load it from file, then save it again into the project ?

In a fixed setting I am very happy with the performance of my Vive Pro with wireless adapter. No cables to worry about or clients getting tangled up.

At client locations I am trying the Oculus Quest streaming wirelessly from the laptop. Thanks to the inside out tracking there is no need for basestations and cables and stuff. Much easier and faster to deploy. Unfortunately the trigger button does not work as it should. Enscape is currently looking into it. This would be the ideal solution.

Hey I got myself the Quest but, I don't really get how you stream it? I mean I can stream my desktop, but I can't fully walk around like I would with the rift am I right?

Thanks for your report, sorry to hear about that.

That should not happen of course - have you made sure you're running our latest release? Any chance you could send me the project accordingly for me to check out, or a project with which you experience this problem, in which you saved your corresponding settings?

Just to make sure I get it correctly: You open up a project, you make adjustments in the Visual Settings -> Save them into the project -> then when you open the project again after closing and also loading the setting from file, some things / everything is not properly saved?

So I open a SU file, then I load the according presets from file, I work the settings, during my modeling and rendering and I save my SU file, but when I come back a day later and reopen that SU file, reload the presets, the preset is not saved, why though? We never had to save the preset per say? Should I save my SU file AND my preset file EVERYTIME ?

I can send you everything, it's something like the fifth time I uninstall and reinstall your latest version. I'm so tired my renderings are always different everytime I reopen the whole thing, it sucks, I lose time, my clients lose money, the software feels buggy, it's no fun

Why do we have to save our settings EVERYTIME we close our Sketchup, I save to file and everytime I close my SU file even if I save it, the settings are appart from it... I don't get it so much,

customization is the same for all projects, settings don't update when you load the specific file, you have to load it anyway. so not a big change in time consuption

I agree, I'm very confused by the new settings.

To me, the default should be that settings stay with a specific project file. If you open a new project, Enscape's default values should be present, not whatever the last project was that you worked on. And if you're opening an existing project, the settings should pick up right where you left off. Saving and loading additional settings should only be necessary if you have more than one setup for the same project file, or want to transfer settings between projects. In most cases, it's better to start from scratch.

Really described it as it is, thank you! That's exactly what I am thinking. Hope this will get adressed or fixed soon.

I did something that seemed to work, but I don't understand the exact purpose of the whole new settings tab if I'm correct, when I open a "saved to project" file, do I need to always "Load from project (default)" whenever I am working on it again after switching projects?