Posts by Zoom

I am looking to buy a laptop for presentations, and I would prefer something relatively small, light and not very expensive. I am considering the ASUS Zephyrus G14 with 5800HS CPU and a 3050 4GB GPU and 16GB RAM.

My Desktop GPU is a 2070, which according to this it is twice as fast and has twice the VRAM. My .exe files are about 800mbs, and when I open one it takes up about 4.5GB of my VRAM. But I can open 3 such files, and they still work (by using more shared GPU memory).

Would the laptop 3050 work? Will the 4GB be sufficient for such file (running on its own), and will it run decently good?

(if it would help, I could lower the Quality to High)

For me the issue is fixed! I updated to Enscape 3.3.1. I did have to go into the Spacemouse Software, lock the horizon, and change to camera mode (I don't know why these are not just the default).

On my first try I didn't even update the spacemouse driver and it worked. I then did update the drivers, rebooted, and did some more testing. No more barrel rolling for me. I'm not having any issues with it behaving jittery like you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned it is back to the old behavior and I am pretty happy.

Nothing changed for me with 3.3.1 . Still the same issue as before even with the latest drivers.

Rel

cholden424 , the RTX 3060, in general, is a rather capable card - Especially having as much VRAM available as possible is important for larger projects.

Related question: I have an RTX 2070 8GB RAM, but when using Sketchup + Enscape the VRAM is at 7+ GB and it is also using about 1-2GB of Shared GPU memory.

The RTX3060 isn't significantly faster than the RTX2070 (in general), but I wonder (a) if it is significantly better for Enscape, and (b) if those additional 4GB of VRAM could make a significant performance difference in my case.

Everyone, just to provide you with an update from our developers and future steps.

In the end, we've decided to implement SpaceMouse support on the basis of the new SDK, even though Walk mode was no longer available. Originally there was the hope that integration problems in the CADs (especially Rhino) would no longer arise, unfortunately, the opposite is the case in the end.

We will thus now gather all your input and forward it to our product management team - If there may be enough demand, we can consider reverting our support for the older drivers, thus restoring the walk mode functionality. How future proof this may be I cannot say though.

If you can not get it to work as good or better than before, then it would be best to revert.

Another thing I liked with the old implementation is that he speed of the Space Mouse could be changed by holding Ctrl and/or Shift keys. This no longer works either.

Yes, I have the issue as well.

These are not solutions, but better than having to restart Sketchup every time:

1. In the Enscape window you can click the "Settings" button, go the "Input" tab and uncheck "Enable SpaceMouse". This will release the SpaceMouse to be used in Sketchup, and you will have to re-check "Enable SpaceMouse" if you want to use it in Enscape again.

2. Uncheck "Enable SpaceMouse" as above, but also enable "Synchronize Views" in Sketchup. In this way you can use SpaceMouse in both Sketchup and Enscape, without the need to keep checking and unchecking that option, but the views in Sketchup and Enscape will be in Sync (which you might not want) and it is also more taxing on your system, so depending on how powerful system you have, and how complex your model is, the movements might not be as smooth.

What are the differences in terms of performance between having turning a Sketchup object into an Enscape Proxy vs turning it into an Enscape Custom Asset? This for a Sketchup object which is about 45MB on its own.

Is it correct to assume that the Custom Asset would be better?

And panoramas, if I can figure out what happens to them after you make them!

After you take them you can go to to "Manage Uploads" (toolbar icon that looks like a globe, or from the menu: Extensions > Enscape > Manage Uploads)

From there you can upload them to "the cloud" (enscape servers) or download them (by clicking the 3 dots ...)

Current limitations of the Web Standalone Export are:

• Render Quality is equivalent of ‘Draft’ mode in Enscape Full version
    • Currently no fog or grass material is visible
    • Rendering of transparent materials is currently simplified
    • Currently, no support for Internet Explorer/Edge/Safari or iOS devices (iPhone, iPads)
    • Performance of larger projects may be of a lower quality than in the full version of Enscape
    • Enscape Settings are disabled
    • Favorite Views are disabled
    • Light View mode is disabled
    • Customization: Only Interface Overlay supported
    • Touch controls are currently very basic
    • A maximum file size of 500MB
    • No VR mode

https://enscape3d.com/communit…se/web-standalone-export/

OK, Thanks.

Personally my speed related issue with the Asset library is how slow the library thumbnails load. Once I select an item from the library it loads very fast.

So it would be best (for me) if the asset list along with the thumbnails were downloaded (cached) and then periodically synced, instead of having to download (and re-download) the contents of the whole library.

I too hope that this issue will be resolved.

Personally I am still using Sketchup 2018 since I didn't find a good reason to upgrade yet, but if Enscape drops support for SU2018 and my Space Mouse does not work with the latest Sketchup + Enscape, then it will be a big problem for me.

Thanks. I am still with 2018 but I was thinking to download the 2021 trial to check it out.

According to some review I saw on Youtube it seems that the files saved with 2021 are much smaller. A 400Mb project opened and then re-saved with SU2021, generates a file of under 100Mb. I don't know if this is just compression, or if they optimized their files in other ways, which were quite huge compared to obj or fbx with the same geometry.

• About how much space does the current library take?
    • If I check the "offline assets" checkbox, will new assets download automatically? If not will I even see the "online assets", and how will I be able to download them also?
    • If I uncheck the ‘Offline Enscape Assets’ checkbox, will everything I downloaded be erased and need to be re-downloaded if I re-check that checkbox?

Thanks!

It seems that currently you always need to do this with files brought into the asset generator.

I believe this is the case because the Custom Asset editor ignores the units and interprets everything as meters. So if the objects was exported using any other unit, it will not be in the correct scale in the Custom Asset editor.

Most probably Raphael's model was in inches, so 39.91 inches became 39.91 meters.

39.91 inches is approximately 1 meter, so he can change the X measurement to 1, and Y and Z will be also automatically scale accordingly.

Or, a better way in this case, in step 2, at the Export screen to click on the "options" button on the bottom and select "Meters" from the drop down menu.

I moved from a GTX 1060 6GB to an RTX 2070, and to be honest I didn't notice any difference. I guess it is faster, and it has 2GB more RAM, but I don't think that RTX is doing anything particularly noticeable to the image quality.

Now I turned RTX off in the settings and I rendered the same scene, but could not tell the difference.

So probably only minor improvements in image quality and only under certain circumstances.

Check the answer of Sean here: RTX vs NON-RTX