Posts by markitect2025

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Bump

Does anyone know what causes this, and how to fix it?
    I have these 6 face-the-camera sprites to use for very distant trees.

This is how they look in SU:

This is how they render:

If I open each material in the Ens material editor and wiggle the roughness slider, they render correctly.

But the next time I open this [very large] file, they will have returned to the repeat pattern

SU 2022, Ens 4

I can't leave live sync turned on while I'm working in SU or ENS crashes. If I try to open ENS again, it gives me an error message. I have to save my SU file, close it, open it again, then ENS can be opened again.

I'll let you know after I get it installed. They've stopped responding to our pleas for help.

Let me know in case you get stuck somewhere along the process, and where exactly.

I've installed it from the .exe file and then nothing happens the way the documentation says it should, including an "Enscape" folder anywhere on my PC. Yes, I am showing hidden files in explorer.

Adding: yes, I've rebooted twice

I guess I'm back to scrounging for assets and textures in 3D Warehouse. I can't believe Enscape walked away from us on the day of a new release. Returning to Thea is looking like the better option.

There should be a way to do this without needing to be a programmer

Just to make very sure once more, you've already updated...

Let's review that for a moment. I found this:

forum.enscape3d.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/48454/

Where is my about button?

Regardless, I'll download V4 now since I just found out it was released. In one of your earlier replies you said "to be announced today," so I couldn't have downloaded when this nightmare started two days ago.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Right away just to make sure, you run into this despite setting the same FoV per each keyframe as seen below?

That's a different issue entirely. In SU, I have the FoV set to 65 but the matching FoV in ENS needs to be 100.81 to match. Why doesn't 65 in SU and 65 in ENS look identical with the same camera position?

Yes, I had all the clips identical at 65 in SU and 100.81 in ENS. I took the end frame of clip A and moved it to the beginning location for clip B, then added a new end to B to set up for C. There was a FoV jump between A and B and a "bump" between B and C, like how an animation looks in SU.

I've moved on after losing a day and a half on that one 18 second video. Just add locks to the frames and duration for the next release. Enscape shouldn't decide the speed between my keyframes. Imagine if I was creating a path on a rollercoaster. Enscape would decide the speed going up a hill would be the same as going down.

How many of your posts per day start with "I'm sorry about..."?

Update: Making separate clips works but you need to remember to turn off the easing in and out before you export and then create that in the video editor at the beginning of the first clip and end of the last clip, because ENS doesn't have an option for only easing one end of each part.

Update: It doesn't work. Even though I had set the end camera position and FoV in SU in one clip and the same at the beginning of the next clip, Enscape decides it knows better than I do and changes the FoV. So when they are stitched together, they don't line up.
    Abandoning that video entirely. :cursing:

Almost 3 years since this post and it's still happening. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to lock my duration and timestamps where I want them and I still have no control over them. See attached.

I need an 18 second clip with keyframes at 6, 10 and 13. Enscape insists on putting the keyframes at 8, 13 and 17. Is there a workaround to make this work? Do I have to divide the path into 4 separate parts and stitch them together in a video editor? This is a real deadline buster

Update: Making separate clips works but you need to remember to turn off the easing in and out before you export and then create that in the video editor at the beginning of the first clip and end of the last clip, because ENS doesn't have an option for only easing one end of each part.

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the current way our video editor has been implemented and how it's controlled - we're aware that some behaviours are not ideal at the moment and I have forwarded everything you wrote to our product management team as well. That's all I can really say/do for now, but if you like, feel free to note down any adjustments you'd like to see added ultimately and I'll forward that alongside your post too!

Almost 3 years since this post and it's still happening. I've spent the last 4 hours trying to lock my duration and timestamps where I want them and I still have no control over them. See attached.

I need an 18 second clip with keyframes at 6, 10 and 13. Enscape insists on putting the keyframes at 8, 13 and 17. Is there a workaround to make this work? Do I have to divide the path into 4 separate parts and stitch them together in a video editor? This is a real deadline buster

Here's a screenshot of the SU model (2022.) I've adjusted every setting I can find, added fill lights of all shapes, adjusted the practical lights, played with the exposure and reflectivity of the surfaces. I'd like the tile to be as glossy as possible.

Here's a screen shot of the render. The noise usually appears at and on the ceiling. I tried to add foundation light in several places because I just saw your Insta post about it and that made it worse.

Hi all. I have a white bathroom I'm working on.

I've tried everything research has shown me and I can't get rid of the noise. Can I share the model with someone and get some tips to try?

Then increase the values of the lights - notice how the spheres are bigger in my screenshot - this means they are brighter (Yep. I'm not THAT much of a noob! :D)

Another option to tackle this scene on the whole, which is more efficient is to use some self illumination for the "glowing" things. That'll be when I get back to the model with all the acreage and trees in place.

lights are expensive to use in Enscape, so we really want to use as few as possible wherever we can. I knew that from when I learned Thea 8 years ago, but I was out of ideas for solutions here and I was too busy being an architect until the workload eased up recently. (Enscape is much better.)

I had tried making the png self-illuminating in a different model and it make the entire square illuminate, not just the flame (It was a candle flame in that case) so I didn't bother trying it here.
    I just tried it here with all the spheres and spots turned off and it worked. Also, your advice is the opposite of some video I watched on YT.

I know the amount and color of light needs fixed next, but I was concentrating on the bleeding problem. I think once the rest of the model is brought back in and I make the adjustments, this should look pretty damn good.

However, fill lighting bleeding through a solid seems to be a problem worth looking into?

I thank you very much for your help.