Posts by cheung111

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for reply. I am not quite understanding though.

Are you saying create a new sketchup file, then start enscape.

Then open the project I want to use?

Yes.

First, open sketchup, open enscape in a blank scene.

Second, open your project file and turn on enscape.

In other words, you need to start enscape in another blank file before you can start the enscape rendering of your project.

There is a workaround for this bug:

1. Create a new blank scene, start enscape first.

2. Then open your own project file and click enscape again, then it will work properly.

Hi all, I have a new iMac M3 chip. I have the latest version of Escape installed and working on sketchup 2022.

9 times out of 10, when I go to launch Escape I receive an error message. (screenshot attached) Any assistant in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

This version (as is the case with usually every preview/service pack) includes further improvements made to stability including bug fixes which in turn should also lead to less crashes which you've posted about prior.

So if you have the chance kindly try the latest preview for yourself and if you experience any specific problems or crashes still, please simply forward them via a feedback report, which is generally the best way to forward any issues in general so that we can keep track of them in connection to your machine information, log files and so forth. Thanks a lot in advance.

Unfortunately, it has been tested and does not fix the software bugs that were previously reported.

cheung111 we've had a look at the Sketchup project you've provided. Unfortunately the performance problem is due to the extremely high number of light sources on the ceiling that are placed very closely to each other (I assume to simulate an LED-stripe). I would recommend to remove these small rectangular light sources and replace them with geometry that has a self-illuminating material instead.

This is by the way not only a performance problem on Mac, but even on a high-end windows PC (Nvidia RTX 4080) you will have terrible performance with a light setup like this.

Hi, this is a question from another user

Yes, I've had to restart a couple of times today too :(

The whole Mac froze, not just a program crashing and closing itself - this is an unpleasant return to the old days before OS X limited the damage a crashing program would cause.

Today the real-time rendering process to switch viewpoints several times in the process of enscape crash, this version of the update is a bit more than worth it, I intend to switch back to catch up with the project schedule first, cry!

I've had a couple of serious moments where it lagged right to the point where the computer restarted.

The computer configuration is the same as yours.

1.First bug, I tried to open a new file and was able to open and edit it all at once, this should be a lag issue caused by large files

2.See the gif of the uploaded file

3.See the gif of the uploaded file

Hello developers, here are the bugs I've found while using this release,The version number is 2.0.1.72.

• 1.In the material editor, you need to suck the material twice to show the editing interface of the corresponding material.
    • 2.During real-time rendering of a scene file, importing an external monolithic model will invalidate the real-time rendering and prevent the entire real-time rendering from proceeding.
    • 3.When using curic's dio extrusion plugin, the realtime rendering doesn't work when the model is changed, whereas sketchup's own push/pull feature recognizes and renders in realtime
    • 4.When you click on the "Start Enscape" button without closing the enscape interface, the whole rendering interface will be brightened, which is not the real effect. If you close the enscape interface and click the button again, the whole rendering interface will brighten up, which is not a real effect.

I hope this will help you to better improve the product's functionality, and thank you to the developers for their

@Kaj Burival @Alexander Devaykin Hello developers, here are the bugs I've found while using this release,The version number is 2.0.1.72.

• 1.In the material editor, you need to suck the material twice to show the editing interface of the corresponding material.
    • 2.During real-time rendering of a scene file, importing an external monolithic model will invalidate the real-time rendering and prevent the entire real-time rendering from proceeding.
    • 3.When using curic's dio extrusion plugin, the realtime rendering doesn't work when the model is changed, whereas sketchup's own push/pull feature recognizes and renders in realtime
    • 4.When you click on the "Start Enscape" button without closing the enscape interface, the whole rendering interface will be brightened, which is not the real effect. If you close the enscape interface and click the button again, the whole rendering interface will brighten up, which is not a real effect.

I hope this will help you to better improve the product's functionality, and thank you to the developers for their efforts! :thumbsup:

Texture maps in materials that have been created in earlier Enscape versions should now remain connected when opened with 2.0.1.72 - please give it a try and let me know if it works fine arcgraphics

• 1.Real-time rendering doesn't work when importing a monolithic model from outside
    • 2.When using curic's dio extrusion plugin, the realtime rendering doesn't work when the model is changed, whereas sketchup's own push/pull feature recognizes and renders in realtime
    • 3.After re-importing the model to enscape rendering, the overall scene becomes brighter, not the actual effect.