Posts by Micha

1080ti - a lot of speed for good money and 11GB memory are great too

2080 - a little bit more speed for much more money and less memory (8GB)

Advantage - 2080 could be good for the future, if Enscape should support NVlink. Than you could double your GPU memory. If Enscape will not support NVlink, than NVlink could be good for other engines like Vray/Octane. The next question would be, how Enscape will handle NVlink, if it isn't supported, but the user need it enabled for other software.

Next Advantage - Enscape could support RTX. But for now it's a "could".

Some where I read the GPU price will fall since the bit coin hype will go down. I'm not sure it's true. Maybe you get an used 1080ti now and use it for one year. At the moment there is no real advantage of the 2080.

Here a good GPU comparison:

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Ah, ok, your screenshot was looking like you talk about a mesh object. I didn't expect non coplanar NURBS surfaces at the top side of your model. Are the non coplanar surfaces needed or are they caused by imperfect modelling? I would expect, if surfaces are modeled with a light angle that the break between is needed and should be shown. Looks like a difficult case if no tolerance angle can be defined.

Bogdan Maybe at Rhino it could help to unweld/weld for a specific angle. I didn't test it. Also you could try to explode your meshes after unweld/weld. Maybe Enscape create outlines of separate mesh objects.

General it could be nice to get an angle option for adjusting the Enscape outline creation sensibility. I used this kind of option at other render engines.

jacklg2000 Maybe you run in the issue that the emissive surface is visible and used for measuring the auto exposure. So, the brightness could be automatic turned down.

My emitter workflow was first to disable the auto exposure, set the emitters to a medium or at an 80% brightness and adjust the general camera brightness so that the emissive light effect looks good. Now I added and adjusted daylight or lights. So, your emitters are working in a good range, you can set it a little bit brighter if needed and at color (1,1,1) you get a good lowest emitter effect.

The problem is that the emissive effect is limited by the color range (1,1,1) to (255,255,255). If your general brightness is to low or to high, than your lowest emitters are to bright or your brightest emitters to dark. My request to avoid this range trouble was to get a global emitter multiplier like for lights. An other solution could be to get a more non linear relation between emitter color and brightness.

Interesting, at the first images I thought the model is to complex and shadows are missing - for example at the first image, the tree bark is to homogeneous bright and flat lighted or there is no shadow under the car.

Now, your last image looks like I expect - good GI shadows everywhere, the flat lighting look is gone, there is a nice photo real mood. Did you know what the difference is? New Enscape version? Different quality setting? Only a different tree?

Hi,

I'm glad to see that Enscape support an adjustable metallic effect now.

I did some tests and think, the color usage needs some refinement. The metallic color looks very desaturated and the clear coat effect could get some intensity and roughness control (for example for satin metallic car paint). The Albedo color should be used for metal and diffuse color at the same intensity. The clear coat effect would be to strong for some need.

Here some screenshots. If try to mix from 0% to 100% metallic, than the color gets desaturated.

Also I can't setup a default metallic-diffuse mix and switch on the clear coat without a big change.

So, like a car manufacture can control the intensity of the clear coat effect by added more layers of clear coat or to use a rough clear coat it could be very useful to control intensity and roughness of the clear coat.

Thomas Schander A metallic car paint is a dielectric plastic paint with added metallic particles, above a clear coat. The relation between metallic particles and plastic lacquer determinate the metallic look. For example some car manufacture sell cars with a very light metallic part only and this paint looks more like a pearl effect than metal. So, it is possible to mix diffuse dielectric and metal at the real world. Diffuse is the classic name for the new name "Albedo" only. For example at V-Ray I use a mix of three layers - fresnel reflection, metallic reflection and diffuse - to create metallic and pearl materials.

Here an example of a mix of diffuse and metallic, a paint with less metal particles - around the clear bluish reflection at the front edge is smooth cold metallic effect. The bright white at the door is most diffuse effect only, since in reflection direction is a dark grey wall only.

I will post some Enscape metallic tests at my old metallic test thread.

[Blocked Image: https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/H88AAOSwLeFcQN1Z/%24_27.JPG]

Great!!! Nice Mood. The bug artefacts looks like a carbon material. ;)

I wished Enscape would support mixed materials, it could be a nice tool for product design too. For example I miss metallic effects (mix of diffuse, metal and clear coat).