Posts by Micha

Maybe you sayed - an option like this would allow to see and adjust the reached web viewer look before uploading. Sounds like it's essential to optimize a scene for web use.

Like "Render quality multiplier" let the user decide how much "optimization" he wants when rendering.

I like the idea of a render quality multiplier. For example I have seen to often noisy blurry metals at the show case images and I ask me, how some user can sell images like this. Pushing the quality above the VR RT quality is essential for still images and animations.

I did some tests with the help of a friend who owns the RTX 2070 and what I realized is a big advantage for those who have RTX technology for those who do not have the mirror reflection is clear evolution and the shadows as the contact are much more realistic, the same version and configurations were used in two renders.

Nice comparison. Thank you, also to tas_1985 . Interesting could be to fix the banding in the mirror reflection of the ceiling. Thomas Willberger

From my clients need I can say only that parallel views in high quality are needed from any direction - side, front, left, right and isometric views. The shown views with strong tele lens are not usable. The walls need to straight upward and the mini map looks dull, the full render quality is missing.

Yes but not in the near future. We like to improve the experience for all, like Sergio Fernando , and use RTX to get a speedup. But so far, there is only little visual difference yet a good performance speedup. So far we also implement the same feature set without RTX too, to ensure a broad compatibility.

But please don't forget you pro users - if they can't deliver you will lost them. Buying best hardware for best quality is no problem for professional use. Speed was never a problem for me at Enscape, but quality very often.

The mirror reflections of the first image would be for my clients not acceptable. Still images needs to be nearly perfect.

What you get is primarily an increase in performance and a minor bump in fidelity. In contrast to game engines, Enscape already does some ray tracing and the the visual improvement is not so obvious.

Is planed to enable RTX features so that a big visual improvement can be seen? I think on raytraced shadows, full scene visibility in reflections and raytraced area lights. Maybe not available for RT, but for stills and fly-throughs.

Most of the time this will however result in a burned out sky.

I second your request. On the other side the burned out sky could be catched by an enhanced color mapping. Maybe the ground/sky relation is physical correct, but without a good "viewing device" like the human eye the result will be like you described. Other engines provide the main parameters burn/exposure/contrast to get it job done. The burn control is missed at Enscape.

Very much I like the curve control of the V-Ray frame buffer which allow me to simulate an anlog film curve based on a very long flat upper curve end like in this extreme example here.

danyyel Do you mean the little jump every 2..3 seconds? Do you see it too or is it my machine? Also Enscape moves looks faster at tight turns. I don't know how to get it better.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sounds very interesting.

Maybe this head set could get a special Enscape output support, since a very high res seems to be needed in a small display range only and not the whole views needs to be calculated in high res.

I think, all the known shortcomings wich can't be solved because the "VR performance" wouldn't kept shows the difference between a full render engine and a VR engine. For example I asked for solid glass objects in the past and the answer was, glass isn't rendered like at a classic render engine, it's only looking like this.

To understand the difference helps to understand why Enscape isn't save to replace a classic render engine. It's fantastic for what it is made and without wrong expectations it does a nice job. ;)

The new battle of the high-end VR-market for now, is between the Oculus Rift S, the HTC Vive Cosmos and the Valve Index (mainly)... and they all have new, different controllers :-)

And it looks like who think about the Oculus Rift S needs to think about the Oculus Quest too. ;)

not sure why you are asking this, if you already know what real time engine and computated engine can do. just use the best of both.

I didn't ask. I answered to the question of this first post and the answer at the second, Enscape could replace a render engine. My intention is to warn users like Marcus to run in a difficult situation within a tight deadline and to motivate the Enscape team to go further steps in direction to make Enscape a real render engine competitor.

Right, using both for each need is the best way. And it looks like Marcus ask for this way.