Posts by Macker

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

I used this script to export tracking data and it worked pretty good.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's the script I used too. Pain in the ass once you get it into max.

Thanks! Yeah I tracked the footage in AE and brought the tracked camera and tracking data into 3ds max via .fbx (I think? It feels like a lifetime ago now!).

Honestly the camera tracking and aligning in max was by far the most difficult part of the projects because the tracked data is at a random scale/orientation and as soon as you move it in max all the keyframes go mad, etc/ It's something that (if we were to do this again) would give serious thought into buying some high end tracking software, or outsourcing the tracking. It really is a skill all of its own, and makes you want to tear your hair out!

Man - I'd love to hear more about your workflow. I have started looking at using reality capture software to generate a mesh, but if we can take footage into 3DS and get a mesh....

Ahhh, we aren't generating meshes from the drone footage. We're taking drone footage (usually empty fields) and compositing our new buildings over the top of them.

Here are some we've done so far;

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content vimeo.com

Hi Macker , so it is possible to connect the Oculus Quest to your computer via cable and run Enscape with it, yes.

However, since you have to use a computer to calculate Enscape anyways, the Oculus Rift S has a better quality and is equally simple to setup, so maybe you'll still want to have a look at that :)

I'm sure the quality is better, however we're looking into the simplest wireless solutions possible (as I said we already have a HTC Vive that's fixed in a VR suite that we might update to something higher resolution);

My experience is that clients are generally much more receptive to using VR with a phone & 360 panorama in because it looks a lot less daunting than a big headset, with controllers, and cables going everywhere. Obviously the downside to this is that the panoramas are static.

I'm aware that you can use the Oculus Quest as a wired VR setup, but I've seen videos of people streaming to it wirelessly. The Oculus Quest looks very much like it could be the solution to a portable VR setup, provided we can get Enscape working properly on it.

Has anyone had any experience with streaming Enscape to the Quest; do the controllers work for example? Does it take ages to set up (embarrassing in front of clients)? Any other tips before we invest?

Hi All,

We've been looking into getting an oculus quest (we already have a HTC Vive) for taking along to meetings with clients, as he Vive setup is far too bulky, and requires a lot of setup for such a task.

I realise it's not possible to run Enscape natively on the quest so my question is; Is it possible to run Enscape on a laptop/PC and send the video to the Quest? I'm sure I've seen people doing it with FPS games.

Secondly; if it is possible has anyone tried it? Did you have any success? Were there any issues?

Thanks in advance for help!

Chris

Hey all,

I appreciate this is a long shot, but we've been doing a fair amount of camera tracking from drone footage and then bringing the tracked camera into 3ds max to render buildings that match perfectly with the drone footage. Is it possible to import an animated camera into enscape? I'd love to just export the camera as an FBX and have the option to render out of enscape instead of vray.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi All,

Am I the only person that finds the process of inserting an Enscape light in Sketchup slightly perplexing?

There just seem to be so many mouse clicks.

Take the spotlight for example. First click you would assume is where the light is going to be placed; but no. It is the second click that places the light and then the third that chooses the direction.

Then take the plane light for example. Same as before; the first click doesn't seem to do anything. The second click places the light, then the third click bizarrely seems to do nothing, and finally the fourth click allows you to choose the light direction.

Surely the plane light would be more intuitive if it went Click 1; length, click 2, width, click 3 position (click 1 could also be position to reduce number of clicks), click 4 direction.

Perhaps the apparently null clicks do do something that I'm just not aware of as there is no tooltip down in the bottom left corner that so many Sketchup plugins have? Also why are the lights sizes arbitrarily(?) clamped at 3 meters? why not 4? or 100?

Just my musings,

It'd be interesting to hear others thoughts on it.

Hi all,

I'm looking at creating a Kalwall material, but am having no luck. It's a highly translucent, but not particularly see-through material (Google Images). If I were doing this in VRay I'd use either refractive glossiness &/or subsurface scattering - but I'm not, I'm doing it in enscape and really struggling with it.

I thought that using Frosted Glass would be a good idea, but it doesn't seem to blur the objects behind the glass (or if it does; not enough). Is there a way to adjust how strong the frosted glass effect is? Or a better way of achieving this?

Many thanks,

Chris

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not but my reason for it is this; we currently own a lot of renderpeople.com 3D assets that we use in our 3DS max and sketchup visuals - however we cannot at the moment take them into revit because revit lacks proper UV coordinates.

Would it be possible to allow users to save things to the asset library (in Sketchup) so that they can be loaded in other software (Revit)?

Kind regards,

Chris

In 3DS max I can set a portrait aspect ratio (larger height than width) and see how this looks in the viewport, then render it out. I want to be able to do this.

Hey guys,

I'm sure this would be a (relatively) easy thing to implement... I'd love to be able to take portrait shots straight out of enscape, like I can in 3DS max.

Hey guys,

I'm wondering wether or not any of you have found any good looking trees (and shrubs/bushes) to use in Enscape? I'm used to using very high poly trees in 3Ds max/VRay, not highly optimized ones that would be suitable for realtime. I am after quality, not quantity.

Are there any Enscape tree packs available to purchase, or just any at all that you can recommend?

Kind regards,

Chris.