Posts by medmonds

Would be great to have a tool in Enscape to generate an exportable listing of all the textures in use in the model, providing their name, path, and pixel dimensions. This would help users realize when they are using something that's too big, not found, or not necessary.

The tool could also report how many polygons are active in the chosen view in Enscape

Recently, I've been experiencing more crashes with Enscape than ever before. I have a quadro RTX 5000 Max Q card in my laptop with 16 gigs of VRAM, which until recently could operate our largest models quickly and render without problems. The problems started somewhere towards the end of the 2.7 builds, through 2.8, and has continued into the latest 2.9 preview.

One interesting symptom to note... when launching Enscape or changing view settings that cause it to re "print" to the engine, sometimes my entire system will freeze until the process is finished. This never happened in the past. By freeze, I mean audio output would stop, mouse would freeze position on screen, etc. Eventually it usually recovers and resumes normal operation within 1-3 minutes.

I know that I push the limits on textures and model details, which is why i buy the best hardware available (within reason), but Enscape used to handle it without issue.

FEATURE REQUEST....

A tool in Enscape to generate an exportable listing of all the textures in use in the model, providing their name, path, and pixel dimensions. This would help users realize when they are using something that's too big, not found, or not necessary.

The tool could also report how many polygons are active in the chosen view in Enscape

Pretty please?

I have fought this battle so many times, testing different light lengths, emissive materials, etc. and find that none of them really are adequate.
    The only approach I've found that is consistently workable is a line based family with a nested light fixture family arrayed within the host family.

The problem with the emissive material approach is that you get splotchy lighting... You need a real light source to avoid that.

I dont know the price differences, but you might consider the Geforce RTX line (2070 or 2080 Max-Q) instead of the Quadro RTX line (3000). You may get more bang for your buck at the price range you're considering. Moving forward, RTX should be a minimum requirement as more and more applications are adopting the technology.

Frankly, the hotkeys you're asking for are completely unimportant for MY use of the program. Bet that sucks to hear.

I happen to like the simplicity of Enscape's animation system. Yeah, bummer again.

Get a network license if you want to switch between machines. Business is business. That's how the world works.

Does Enscape value YOUR requests above everyone else? The answer is NO. That's why our wonderful support folks from Enscape responded that they would add your VOTES for feature requests to the list.

I'm guessing your specific requests are either NOT shared by enough others to become development priorities, or they take more time and resources than is reasonable.

Again, please tell me what other software provides equal or better results AND has developers that listen. Until then, I suggest keeping your vitriol to yourself.

Dude or dame.... Chill.

If you've been in the industry for any length of time, like I have (32 years), you should understand that this company is more responsive to customer requests than 98% of the competition. Sure, there are features we all want to see, but they've have a stellar track record of listening to user requests and then delivering what they can without making the software bloated and slow.

Substance, yes would be great, but its more an integration issue with the modelling application's material system than it is with Enscape.

Displacement mapping, of course. This puts a higher tax on the engine, which effects frame-rate. I'd love to have it regardless.

Asset library local caching... and some method of scattering assets... my main wish-list request.

All of this takes time and money, and this software is extremely affordable for the product they provide.

Enscape has revolutionized real-time integrated rendering, making it easier than ANYONE else to get great quality with very little effort.

If you disagree, I'd love to hear who is doing it better.

Enscape is visually so good right out of the box, it continues to be an easy decision to keep using it. That said, the longer it takes to get feature-parity with the competition, the more interest there will be in going a different direction. Unfortunately for Enscape, they are hamstrung by the slowness of the Revit interface when it comes to materials, lighting, entourage. Would be great for Enscape to somehow ease that pain... Python script for easy Revit material setup from Substance files or carefully named texture files? Entourage /tools that have built in distribution scripts for scattering/placement? Think Rail-clone / Forest Pack Pro functionality built into Enscape. I can dream, cant I?

So to clarify, your solution still requires a desktop/laptop machine to run enscape and stream the experience to the wireless Quest? Its great that this is possible...

...However... the biggest barrier to client engagement is the GPU requirement. Its not reasonable to have a dedicated VR capable machine for each person in a meeting and it diminishes the usefulness when people a have to take turns to participate.

If the Quest could run an optimized/"game-ifyed" EXE file, we could buy enough quests for a small army of meeting participants and simply push the exe to each.

Iris VR Prospect has had multi-user and untethered Quest support for a long time. The visual quality is just severely lacking but the functionality is impressive.