Posts by joaomourao

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.

It’s just a GUID (globally unique Id) to ensure each asset added to the library is unique, this way you could have 10 trees all called ‘tree’ but be unique in the asset library.

There’s no hidden meaning in the numbers, guid or uuid generators are freely available such as: https://www.uuidgenerator.net/guid

ok then WE can use the blank area from "Asset Source Type" with our own team coding to manage our BIM data for project purposes. Might be good to never change the "Asset id". This is mainly because Enscape objects need to be hidden in some views such as technical drawings such as elevations, section, plans, details etc. That "Asset Source Type" might be good if i rename all the trees to an name that I can later hide through archicad graphical overrides... just ideas...

Thanks Paul, cheers!

Hey, I do not know if this has been posted before since it's easy to detect. Did searched a bit on older threads but got not entry on this...

In Archicad WE use on a daily basis the 3d cut planes to make 3d sections and render them with Enscape. Either with 3d cut planes that you can turn on and off, you can also use a rectangle marquee on the floor plan to achieve a similar customized section.

But... Enscape objects are not cut and they will be seen as one item not being able to get a cut out part. This becomes weird because they not only cover other things but also cat shadows that are not desirable for these sections. If you look at the attached image you will see this in red these issues and in blue archicad objects that work as desired...

Thanks, cheers!

heers!

In a search of trying to push the Enscape asset library objects, I would like to know what is the "Enscape Asset id" under properties, probably just and element Id like other Archicad objects, and for what you use it for...

But most important what is the "Enscape Source Type" that is always blank. Will WE have more definitions here on Enscape objects under custom properties?

The uploaded image might help a bit on this...

Thanks, cheers!

I am with you Duane on this... Enscape is a software that is integrated as a "muscled" plugin to our tool of preference in this case ArchiCAD. and most, or at least part of us, are using Enscape because WE prefer to stay inside or design/BIM tool.. So I do feel the need of some changes on Enscape towards this direction, more BIM related. This example of trees and bushes is perfect for this. Having a great library of them on Enscape is great, really good, but WE are not making renders only. Plans, sections and other drawings should have these Enscape assets ready to be also correctly viewed outside the render or 3d window.

This snippet/gdl workaround is just that... us making it around. Again it would be great a seamless integration of objects from Enscape library to sections, plans, elevations and other technical drawings...

Thanks, cheers!

Well... Meta Quest 3 is in deed and great ratio for price/quality but WE still need the implementation for the BIMx-platform...

But VR and AR are going fast with other technologies on the way, but what about the Apple Vision Pro that Archicad already totally integrated on their software. How does it work with Enscape and can WE have the same experience as it would be an ArchiCAD/Enscape combo?

Thank you, cheers!