Posts by VStudio

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

Funny, because I just came to the forums to post a wish-list item that would enable a scene to be packed, similar to V-Ray's tool that will pack up all textures and files and create a zipped archive. I think we also need some kind of asset tracker so we can see maps that are missing when working between computers. This area is very lacking. In the modern world of work at home and moving between networks, this is a real problem.

The advice I was given and have been testing is to turn off ray-traced sun shadows. I have to say that so far this seems to have solved my hang-up crashing issues but what's the point of even having ray-traced sun shadows if it's unreliable? I have 3080Ti 64GB of memory and a Ryzen 16 core processor and that is not enough to handle ray-traced sun shadows on medium complexity projects is shocking to me.

Does everyone work with this feature on or off?

So the battle continues with Enscape actually working when I need it to. I contacted support and I was told that one of my issues was that my textures are on a network drive and it is recommended that my textures reside on my C drive!?!?! You guys are kidding, right? Is this a solution??? What professional office would ever work this way?

I am starting to think that Enscape, in an effort to keep up with competing real-time engines, might have some real issues on its hands. If we can't depend on this software to work as expected any longer, why would we continue using it with so much competition out there.

This is crazy and interesting. So, I went into task manager and killed almost everything that seemed unnecessary and so far, I have not had any issues with starting Enscape. This is crazy. All of this time the issue is some garbage running in the background! I have been dealing with instability for years and just assumed I needed a better GPU or I was pushing Enscape too hard.

As a side note, I am not using Dropbox or Onedrive for anything related to Enscape or my SketchUp files.

It happened again. Earlier today I was able to get the file to run and export the renderings I need to post-process. Then I noticed something I wanted to fix, run Enscape - Enscape crash dialog - click option to close Enscape and send a report to Enscape - SketchUp now hung up for over 5 minutes. This is a super common occurrence. Is it the AMD processor? I have plenty of RAM available, and plenty of GPU memory available.

I am running Enscape 3.5 on a machine with a 3080ti GPU and 64 GB of memory and a Ryzen 9 5950X 16 core processor. I have updated to the latest drivers for my GPU. More often than not, Enscape takes a long time to load and then I get the error dialog box. When I look at the GPU stats in the taste manager, it is showing that I am only using 5.8GB of the 12 that the card has. Just yesterday, this project opened and was running fine. I close, restart, open a fresh SketchUp session, but still get the error. This is not just this project. It's many, if not most. The file isn't terribly large either, 230MB. All proxies using the file are from the Enscape library as I have given up on trying to use hi-poly files from Globe Plants. I have even tried turning off Ray-Traced Sun Shadows, not ideally what I want to do, but that still doesn't help. I need to be able to depend on Enscape to work when I start it up. What can I do? Do I need to go to a beefier GPU?

Sounds like you may have some V2 feature requests in this thread

Honestly, you should just export a series of stereoscopic 360s and create a virtual walkthru if you want to run something on the Quest without Airlink or a cable. You will never get this level of quality to run on the Quest standalone and I find that these presentations are just as effective, if not more, than being able to walk around a model in VR.

These are 2 resources I have used that I like quite a bit.

https://theviewer.co/

https://www.momento360.com/

I am the Director of Visualization at a mid-size architecture firm in Providence Rhode Island. We are looking for a talented SketchUp/Enscape designer/visualization artist.

Take a look at the posting at CG Architect below.

UPDATE - the position has been filled.