Very disappointed again on this topic, especially as it's been going on for months and every time you guys seem convinced, and then we're back to square one.
I hope I will find some time soon to create a minimal example project to show how bad this issue is messing up our walkthroughs.
If you're switching the topic into vanta black, we're back to square one in a slightly different topic.
All colors seems to be washed out due roughness, especially with light coming in from different angles. Colors get more intense when polished.
=>That's why you see the difference between Draft mode, no light calculation, and Ultra, multiple ray bounces.
Metals only look "Metal" due the reflection settings. Low Roughness and high Metallic/Glossiness values, which results in the slight color difference as mentioned above.
Can you share the project with me for a further analysis?
PS: I think the solution will be the introduction of vanta black material as option that could be added to all wanted material. Which means->Just the plain full intense color without any diffusion of light.
mattendler The topic is already on our agenda but has a quite high complexity.
Is it a possible workaround for you to
- Draw a transition zone between the grass material and the planter wall?
- Increase the thickness of the planter wall?
- Is the video running in another player?
- Is VLC up to date?
- Which Graphics card do you use?
- Is the driver the latest one?
- Which exact Enscape version do you use?
- Have you tried to update to our latest release version?
- Which host application do you use and which version? (Revit, Rhino or SketchUp)
RavenEnterprises Haven't seen that before. Looks like
- some keys on your keyboard are stuck or
- some forgotten input devices sending input signals/ have a malfunction
- Is it occurring on all workstations or only at yours?
- Can you display the controls inside of Enscape [h]?
- Is a Xbox controller connected?
Please have a look at https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…scape-keyboard-shortcuts/
Hi yoni2305 Thanks for your answer.
Please make sure that Steam and the driver of your graphics card is up-to-date.
Please have a look at our corresponding knowledgebase article: https://enscape3d.com/knowledg…-virtual-reality-headset/ and go to the HTV Vive part.
Ensure that the options "Allow asynchronous reprojection" and "Allow interleaved reprojection" is activated. These are available in the "Performance" settings tab.
If this won't work out please send your log files.
Enscape main plugin log files:
Revit plugin log files:
SketchUp plugin log files:
Rhino plugin log files:
You can just send us everything that's contained in these folders.
yoni2305 We weren't able to figure out the issues at the workstation of sddjd. Could you please share feedback via the [Feedback] button in the Enscape ribbon including the log files?
You'll find more information about our feedback in my signature.
The feedback could provide information about
- What are the exact issues and what are the steps you're performing?
- Is every other VR solution working out fine?
- Are you able to use VR via an exported executable standalone file?
Vantablack has roughness of 100+ due nano technology. It is actually so rough that it is reflecting close to 0 light in any direction.
But when the appearance is slighty changing when the light angle is changing.
Please have a look.
So basically it should be:
- Roughness 100
- Specular 0
- Reflectance 0
- Color Black
This isn't resulting in real vantablack, but it should. I'll forward it to our developers.