Posts by JDSD_Arch_01

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.

So I see there are about 5 people on bicycles, several on scooters, and skateboards and even one motorcycle rider, But not one person in a wheelchair in your entire asset library?

No visually impaired with canes.? No elderly people with walkers? X/ There is one person on crutches.

The hospital wheelchair paired with a seated person is a poor substitute.

There is an entire healthcare segment that would benefit from these assets.

Okay All - I think I figured out the issue :

I had an expired trial for the IRAY renderer plug-in. it was still on my plug-in list to load. Once I unchecked that on my plug-in list, and restarted Enscape, the MP4, MOV files started to load again.

There must be some kind of conflict with either the Iray plug-in itself or the failure of Iray plug-in loading successfully.

The video files are now assignable and seem to be playing fine now.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Anyone else having issues with Enscape 3.4.0 with regard to animated/video texture? The Enscape Material editor gives me a "file format not compatible" for any MP4 or MOV file I try to assign. I get the same error no matter the file size. I've tried files I've downloaded from Stock Video sites, and video capture files I've used for previous projects that I know have worked in Enscape in the past.

Is there a certain Codec or setting I should convert to? I have Premiere Pro, and OBS Studio if I need to convert the files to something that will work with 3.4.0.

I'm using Rhino 6 with the latest Enscape build.

I've also submitted this issue using the feedback form - waiting for a response.

Thanks

Enscape seems to have stopped synching / updating my model changes. I've tried toggling the setting and changing views, but I need to re-launch Enscape to pick-up small modelling changes or Asset movements I do in Rhino.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I may be crazy, but I thought you could extract 3D building content from Google Earth Pro years ago when it was a stand alone desktop app. Did they shut that feature down when everything moved to the cloud?

Perhaps I'm mis-remembering - It may have been that I uploaded a model into Google Earth Pro and recorded an animated "tour" for use in a presentation.

I think Paul is correct above - The reason we can extract Topo so easily is that it is GIS info and in the public domain, but the more detailed side-scan / low altitude photogrammetry building data is third party provided. Too bad Google doesn't see our community as a market opportunity.

Also, Has anyone used ESRI CityEngine? I seem to remember this one was free as well when they were still in development.

J.

Update:

With thanks to Pieter for his help.

I was able to find all the correct combinations of normal directions and export settings from Max and bring the model in through the custom asset creator.

In the end I was able to get the hula pose to ride with the FBX instead of the model reverting to a simple 'A' pose by, I think, including the animation settings at export from Max.

I think it also helped to convert enscape materials and check the double-sided option in the Asset creator.

Consider this mystery solved.

Pieter,

Everything looks "normal" in Max also. If you'd like a free asset, I could send you my files to see if you're getting the same error I am. Is there a way to direct message you and send you a link?

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the reply. I did check the normals on the mesh in Rhino and all looked fine. I'll go back and open the OBJ in Max and see if I can find anything there.

Also, if the normals were reversed, wouldn't that show up in the rendered viewport?

I'm going to try another experiment where I assign other basic materials to the model to see what happens.

I'm also wondering if it could have something to do with the UV mapping.

Hi All,

I'm having an odd issue with some materials when importing a character model from DAZ studio as an OBJ.

I've re-pathed all the texture maps and everything looks as it should in a rendered Rhino 6 viewport. But once I go into Enscape, some materials seem to go black or are not receiving lighting.

It doesn't seem to make a difference if the materials are left as custom or converted to Enscape Materials.

It's happened with both models I've tried with this workflow: DAZ Studio export out to OBJ import into Rhino 6.

Texture maps are .jpg files

From the looks of the Enscape result, I'm guessing there is something happening with the metallic setting or self illumination, I don't know - I've messed with these settings also, but they don't seem to so anything.

Any Material/Shader experts out there?

Hi there,

I'm trying out the new Version 2.9 video material feature for the first time but can't seem to get it to work.

I've got an MP4 file of about 3 minutes in length (so it's quite a large file size).

I've created a flat surface and have used a simple planar map and placed that inside one of Enscape's Television assets. (I modified the block after I placed it)

I've created an Enscape material and selected the MP4 as the Albedo map. Clicked on the Self-illumination with the default white and candela settings.

I only get a black material when launching Enscape (Rest mode on/off setting doesn't have any effect)

The video file size is 107 mb as it is 3 minutes long and captured at 1920x1080 at 30fps.

I've also tried removing the video surface from inside the block but there was no change.

Are there limits to video texture size or format or frame rate?

Thanks.

Hi all,

It seems Rhino loses some commands while the custom asset generator is running.

For instance: A few of the sub-commands under the properties tab disappear. (material, mapping, etc.) while an object has been selected.

I noticed this when getting an alert that my custom asset was larger than 20K polygons and tried to see which mesh was too heavy.

Also, oddly - the delete key on the keyboard stops working under the same conditions.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a necessary set of conditions for the asset generator code to function.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm running Rhino 6 with 2.9+32504.

Thanks,

Hi There,

I've been creating a lot of retail product assets lately such as bottles and containers. I've been having a problem with the transparency of glass or plastic materials showing up in Enscape after going through the Custom Asset generator 1.3. My work flow is Rhino > 3DMax > Babylon exporter> Asset Generator 1.3.

I've tried all kinds of settings for the Glass or transparency with no luck.

I've tried using the basic Rhino glass materials

I've tried converting the Glass materials to Enscape materials

I've tried using Glass materials from Max.

I'm using the Glass keywords (Liquid/Clear/Frosted) in the material names.

The materials actually look fine if I don't use the Asset creator as shown in the image. (Left are the Rhino models, Right are the Custom Assets inserted back into the model)

I can get a colored material, but it loses it's transparency. Clear glass goes black opaque.

It seems to me there is something going on in the .gltf coding that is happening?

I'm not sure how Max interprets the Rhino Glass or Enscape material types. The problem may lie there, but that's why I tried using the Max materials (Yet seem to get the same result.)

Rhino Models and Max Files included in the Zip.

Any Ideas?

I agree with the above. Any timeline on low-poly proxy / Linked model feature in Rhino? Every triangle counts in these big architectural projects whether it's a commonly used library asset or a more unique one-off high poly item. Or would this question be better posed to the McNeel forums?

Thanks!